• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 catsncrochet

catsncrochet
  • Villager
  • 633 posts

• Joined 02-February 07

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

Michaels used to stock these skeins, but I haven't seen any for the past couple months. Does anyone know if Michaels will stock these again or was it just a one time thing???

Aimee

#2 adagio

adagio
  • Villager
  • 1,502 posts

• Joined 02-February 07

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

I only saw them for a few weeks last year, or early this year, I think. I think it was a promo, and not a regular item.
Now Reading: War & Peace, Tolstoy

Blog
Ravelry

Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet! (Phil 1:6 paraphrase)

#3 cshell

cshell
  • Villager
  • 828 posts

• Joined 13-June 08

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

Darn, I thought maybe Michaels finally had more of this yarn when I saw the thread title.

My Michaels does not stock this yarn. They get it in the store as a promotional item only and it goes on an end cap and sells out lightning fast. I love this yarn for afghans but it's hard to find and even harder to get on sale.

I did get desperate and ordered some Bernat Super Value from the Joann's site and it's not bad at all, the skeins are large and it's a lot softer than RHSS. I haven't laundered anything made from it yet so I can't vouch for how it will hold up.

Happy hunting!

Shelley

#4 mellybelly

mellybelly
  • Villager
  • 750 posts

• Joined 24-March 08

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:02 AM

I loved those so much that I had emailed Bernat about them...they are promotional items, not stocked in any store. They didn't volunteer any additional info - only sent me a list of online retailers. They were all the normal ones, such as Annie's, Knitting Warehouse, JoAnn, etc. and they only advertised the regular small skeins. I guess its just hit or miss as to when Bernat puts them out and who will carry them. :( I'm hoping Michael's will still have them when they're available, as thats the ONLY place I've ever seen them!
MellyBelly

#5 gumby28

gumby28
  • Villager
  • 1,456 posts

• Joined 20-January 08

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:43 AM

It is a seasonal thing that is only carried for a few months. I work at a Michaels in Kansas City and we are getting new signs and samples for our reset, so far I haven't seen anything on the Berrela 4. however some of the private label yarn feels really nice.
Marci

#6 mellybelly

mellybelly
  • Villager
  • 750 posts

• Joined 24-March 08

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for the update, Gumby! I look forward to checking out the new yarn :)
MellyBelly

#7 catsrock71

catsrock71
  • Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 22-April 09

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

They are currently on clearance at my local Michael's (Kansas City area) for $4.99 a skein (reg. $6.99). They still had quite a bit, but no "basic colors like black, white, or aran. There were blues, greens, rose, burgundy, and some variegateds. I was able to use a 40% off coupon for a skein (clerk told me you can use coupons on clearance items, but not sale items...don't know if that's the policy at all Michael's).

#8 catsncrochet

catsncrochet
  • Villager
  • 633 posts

• Joined 02-February 07

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hmmm...maybe I need to make a trip to Kansas City. lol J/K. *Sigh* I wish they had it stocked at the Michael's I go to.

#9 fc1123

fc1123
  • Villager
  • 5,936 posts

• Joined 15-October 08

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

They are currently on clearance at my local Michael's (Kansas City area) for $4.99 a skein (reg. $6.99). They still had quite a bit, but no "basic colors like black, white, or aran. There were blues, greens, rose, burgundy, and some variegateds. I was able to use a 40% off coupon for a skein (clerk told me you can use coupons on clearance items, but not sale items...don't know if that's the policy at all Michael's).

Well I had a 40%off coupon for Joann's and I was able to use the coupon at Michael's on yarn even though the yarn was on clearance

Love wins Love always wins from the book Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom.
Faith
2013: stashbusting score: WTD:-16/YTD:-16

#10 jheatherley

jheatherley
  • Villager
  • 342 posts

• Joined 01-March 08

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

Knitting Warehouse sells it for #2.34. http://store.knittin...t-berella4.html

#11 Craw

Craw
  • Villager
  • 1,716 posts

• Joined 05-March 07

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

Herrschner's has Berella 4 for $1.99 and so does Mary Maxim but they are the smaller skeins, not the larger ones you're talking about. My Michaels had them for a short time but by the time I realized it, they were mostly gone. People must have scarfed them right up! I would have loved to stash some for an afghan.

#12 catsncrochet

catsncrochet
  • Villager
  • 633 posts

• Joined 02-February 07

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

I guess the problem is I'm looking for a color I think might've been discontinued...Neopolitan. They had it in the big skeins when it was at Michael's but I've looked online at several sites, but can't find this particular color. Has anyone seen this color anywhere???

#13 Afghaniac

Afghaniac
  • Villager
  • 2,461 posts

• Joined 16-July 05

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

I've always ordered Berella 4 from e-stores. Recently Michael's here started carrying some in limited amounts and colors. And those big skeins were only in pretty standard colors; they flew out of the stores; and I couldn't get any staff to tell me what the story on them is. The stores here keep advertising that they're getting whole new yarn departments, but I haven't seen any progress on that front yet. My good news for the day was that I saw a great big Hobby Lobby opening up in an area where I often shop -- right near Joann's.