Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

ISO-cheerleader & football player amigurumi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HillbillyCraft

HillbillyCraft
  • Villager
  • 26 posts

• Joined 28-May 07

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

Hi, I am in search of a free amigurumi pattern for cheerleader:cheer & football player dolls. I am going to make these using school colors along with an animal in the form of the local school mascot. They will be put in a gift basket (which I might crochet too) along with other game day goodies for a silent-auction fundraiser for my town's local senior center. I'm even hoping to get a picture of all the football players and cheerleaders to put in it. Any help locating these patterns would be great. Thanks in advance.

#2 craziebunny

craziebunny
  • Villager
  • 14,358 posts

• Joined 15-April 08

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:53 AM

these might be cute to put in basket too http://www.crochetvi...hlight=football
I would use simply doll pattern then just make pom poms etc
Sheila

Proud owner of #33"Violets of February Bag" Febuary 2009
Proud owner of Elle's Garnets on Ice Shawl January 2010
my blog
8" squares needed for friendship Ville afghan!!any color,any pattern >:)
wishlist

#3 Yarnprincess

Yarnprincess
  • Villager
  • 21 posts

• Joined 02-December 07

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

I agree with craziebunny. Make a little amigurumi doll for the cheerleader, make little triangles on her skirt in another color for "pleats," give her a sweater and cute pigtails, and then make a yarn pompom for each of her pompoms (by the way, to make a pompom you just wrap yarn around a peice of cardboard, slip the yarn off, tie another peice of yarn around it, and cut the ends). She would be ADORABLE!!! :cheer
For the footballer, make a male doll with a jersey on and just make a football helmet for him. A football helmet would just be a sphere with no bottom and a few extra rows on the edge for the back (you know, the part that goes over the neck?)
I would pay a LOT for a set like that. :)
Hope that helps. If you would rather make an actual cheerleader and footballer off of a pattern, I am sure google-ing "cheerleader doll amigurumi" would yeild some nice results. That's how I get a lot of my patterns.
If I was older and a more advanced crocheter, I would totally design some of those for you. Alas....
Good luck and happy crocheting! :hook
"A creative mind is never bored."
I'm 12 and love crocheting. My current crochet craze is amigurumi, which ties in with my miniature obsession.
Hooks and yarn and things,
Together we sit and work,
Crochet is not hard.

#4 mama24boyz

mama24boyz
  • Villager
  • 641 posts

• Joined 22-January 08

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

A cheerleader I'm not sure, but a super cute football player is here

http://www.etsy.com/...atterns.crochet
Melanie