4 replies to this topic

#1 Marty53

Marty53
  • Villager
  • 1,222 posts

• Joined 07-April 05

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

Hello all,
Does anyone know of a pattern for a blanket for either a NY Yankees or Giants emblem or both...Or maybe something like a bat and ball with NY on it? :think

Please let me know if you know where to download or purchase one...
You can also privately email me as well.

Thank you so very much:cheer
Martha

#2 Amy

Amy
  • Administrator
  • 9,433 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

The emblems/logos of major league baseball teams are trademarked and copyrighted. Patterns featuring their likenesses cannot be distributed (for sale or for free) without the express written permission of the intellectual property owner. This usually involves licensing arrangements, which are very expensive. There are very, very few officially licensed patterns of anything around.

Some sites may choose to make patterns available without obtaining the proper licensing arrangements, but our guidelines do not allow discussion of, links to, or any hints at how to find such sites or patterns. This is to protect Crochetville from legal troubles related to contributory trademark/copyright infringement. Some sites that do this have been added to our site filters, so links to that site will appear with a bunch of asterisks, and the link will not work.

I'm not aware of any officially licensed patterns for these teams. If anybody thinks you know of such a pattern, please PM the link to me so I can check it out and make sure the link is compliant with our guidelines.

You may end up needing to do some sort of generic baseball-themed afghan and just use the team colors.

Amy Shelton
Crochetville Co-Owner and Community Manager

Facebook Page | Crochetville Blog | Free Crochet Pattern Directory | Twitter | Pinterest

#3 rsisland

rsisland
  • Villager
  • 1,613 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

There is an officially licensed booklet that I found on ebay last year. Every once in awhile you will see it up for bid again but it usually goes for a high price. It has the NFL teams on afghans and pillows. It is an older booklet. I "think" it is a Leisure Arts booklet but I'm not 100 % sure on that part.

#4 snapdragon928

snapdragon928
  • Villager
  • 650 posts

• Joined 14-March 06

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:21 AM

I bidded for that today twice and was outbid by someone else. It was going for only 6.75 at the time, I wonder what the bid is now. Is it out of print I take it? She's looking for baseball theme one's though, not NFL.
Honey Dew WIPS. scarfs. lions football afghan in single crochet for brother in law.Afghan in boucle for daughterWIM graph ghan princess afghan, breast cancer awareness graph ghan. afghan for grand daughter and afghan for brother.

#5 craziebunny

craziebunny
  • Villager
  • 14,358 posts

• Joined 15-April 08

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

Here is what someone did with a bearafghan its really cute.
http://www.crochetvi...ighlight=yankee
Sheila

Proud owner of #33"Violets of February Bag" Febuary 2009
Proud owner of Elle's Garnets on Ice Shawl January 2010
my blog
8" squares needed for friendship Ville afghan!!any color,any pattern >:)
wishlist