• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fc1123

fc1123

• Villager
  • 5,936 posts

• Joined 15-October 08

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:33 AM

working on a pattern and in round 1 it says work 6sc in 2nd chain from hook ; do not join what does the do not join mean making the wintertime teddy from crochet today

Love wins Love always wins from the book Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom.
Faith
2013: stashbusting score: WTD:-16/YTD:-16

#2 ratdog

ratdog

• Villager
  • 3,201 posts

• Joined 14-October 08

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:48 AM

OK, I am new so maybe a more experienced crocheter can correct me if I am wrong:

When you work in rounds you can either Join the first and last stitch in the round with a slip stich (which creates a seam) or continue working into the next round without using the slip stitch.

In the case you are using, you make 6 sc and then keep going without using a slip stitch to join the first sc to the 6th sc.

#3 fc1123

fc1123

• Villager
  • 5,936 posts

• Joined 15-October 08

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

ok I see so when joining you would use a sl st but do not join means you don't use a sl st that makes sense

Love wins Love always wins from the book Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom.
Faith
2013: stashbusting score: WTD:-16/YTD:-16

#4 forestergirl

forestergirl

• Villager
  • 221 posts

• Joined 09-March 08

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:08 AM

Ratdog is right. It is very common to not join rounds when working on agrumi (this includes stuffed animals) to eliminate seams and keep the stuffing in better. Even though it is still called working in rounds, you will actually be working in a spiral. It is also a good idea to mark the first stitch of each round because otherwise it is virtually impossible to tell where you are at if you loose count or put the work down.