Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

ISO a crochet sling pattern

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DMKluv2crochet

DMKluv2crochet
  • Villager
  • 11 posts

• Joined 07-November 07

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:59 AM

Hi ladies.... about fifteen years ago someone gave me a sling pouch thing that I could adjust and walk around my house with the baby in it if needed. I also used it when nursing while I was out and about as I could place baby in and nurse while shopping.

Does anyone know if there is a pattern out there free or for purchase for one of these? I would be willing to buy the one that comes close.

Thanks.

P.S. please email at darlenekassner@hotmail.com.

#2 clearwaters

clearwaters
  • Villager
  • 757 posts

• Joined 23-March 05

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:43 AM

Here's a link to a crochet pattern:

http://www.sleepingb...by/crochet.html

And here's a link to a whole lot of inspiration: :)

http://www.thebabywe...ists/Sewing.htm

#3 fthrem

fthrem
  • Villager
  • 229 posts

• Joined 11-December 06

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

I've been looking for one also. The sleepingbaby.net pattern works up really big and I don't think really works for nursing. The back of Crochet Today has an ad for some new yarn and it features a baby sling. I don't have my magazine with me and I can't remember which yarn right now. Anyway, the baby sling pattern is available in a pamphlet,, but I can't find it at the store and couldn't get it online either! I'll check which company it is tonight and let you know, maybe you'll have better luck than I did finding it.
If you find any good patterns, please let me know also!

#4 fthrem

fthrem
  • Villager
  • 229 posts

• Joined 11-December 06

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

I think it might have been one of the new red heart "eco" yarns, the ad shows a lady with a baby in a pale green sling, if that helps at all.

#5 fthrem

fthrem
  • Villager
  • 229 posts

• Joined 11-December 06

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

I found it. Its a Red Heart Eco-Cotton pattern. "Baby beanie and Sling as featured in booklet Eco-living. J27.0006." I cannot find the pattern book anywhere, I hope you have better luck!

#6 pepper55

pepper55
  • Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 05-January 09

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

You can buy the pattern book on Herrschners website. www.herrschenrs.com but it is backordered till 1/31/09. I just ordered my copy. Good luck!