Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Scarf with Mittens Attached

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbie77

Bobbie77
  • Villager
  • 11 posts

• Joined 09-December 08

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

I've looked all over for a pattern that's a scarf that has mittens attached to the ends. I've seen the ones with pockets on the end, but I have a special request for one with mittens attached.

The EASIER the better! I've never made mittens or gloves before. Mittens are my first choice of course because then I don't have to do all those fingers.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Bobbie77

Bobbie77
  • Villager
  • 11 posts

• Joined 09-December 08

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

Yeah....she's getting a scarf with pockets on the end...oh well. I never found the pattern I was looking for...although....I do have a ton of my Granny's Annie's Attic books...maybe there's something in there.

#3 bethintx1

bethintx1
  • Villager
  • 351 posts

• Joined 30-August 07

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

I never saw a pattern like that before. My designer mind is reeling! I'm off to create a "scitten" (scarf-mitten) or a marf (mittened -scarf)!

Thanks for the inspiration!

#4 gumby28

gumby28
  • Villager
  • 1,456 posts

• Joined 20-January 08

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:48 AM

If all else fails you probably can make them seperatly. Use a slip stitch to attach them at each end of the scarf.
Marci

#5 wiz3283

wiz3283
  • Villager
  • 4,589 posts

• Joined 07-July 07

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:24 AM

I know I have seen this before but I have looked all over for my pattern and cant find it. I think it may have been an old bookmark for an aol site that is no longer there. Doen't seem that this would be that hard to make. Just make a pair of mittens and attach them to a scarf. Ta da!
Wiz3283 - (Tammy)

Wish List - Click Here
Proud C'ville Bag Lady XXII - April Painted Desert

#6 jackiebohacky

jackiebohacky
  • Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 14-December 08

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

http://www.berroco.c...heba_lg_pv.html

\
book number 280

#7 acraftylady

acraftylady
  • Villager
  • 3,603 posts

• Joined 03-September 06

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

Ok, I can't see where to click to get the pattern. One hand looks like a glove and the other looks like a mitten or am I not seeing right and is that knit or crochet? Mary

#8 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan
  • Villager
  • 8,850 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:10 PM

It's knitted. I think they are showing that you can make it either with gloves or mittens. Jackiebohacky's post indicates it is in a book, not a free pattern.
--Kathy
I'm Kathy-crochet on Ravelry.
It's official--I cannot type the word "stitch", it always comes out "sttich".
Callaway Stitchers crochet, knit, tat, sew, any fiber art! get-together in Fulton MO, Mondays at 5 p.m. Would love to have Villers join us! For more info, send me a PM.

"Advice to new crocheters on choosing a pattern" http://www.crochetvi...ad.php?t=107078

#9 Zaraliz

Zaraliz
  • Villager
  • 459 posts

• Joined 23-January 06

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

I seem to remember seeing a pattern that was a long scarf with a mitten attached. You would only make half a mitten for each end and sew it onto the scarf. It was put on at an angle, so you could put your hands in easily, rather like a pocket. Zaraliz

#10 siminsc

siminsc
  • Villager
  • 560 posts

• Joined 20-October 05

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:02 PM

I just saw one at Ravelry that is croched. I looked under crochet scarf. It's gloves instead of mittens but I bet you could change that. Are you a member of Ravelry?

#11 darski

darski
  • Villager
  • 12,448 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

I have to say that that Berroco one looks like it could make "You knit what?" fame.

I have started a scarf that is to have attached fingerless gloves. It seems to me it is a bit like making the (LB) Criss Cross shrug.

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/

My Boxing Day CAL counts to date: hats - 27;  lapghans 3:  shawls - 3, pet snugly -1, slippers -3