• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 snbarclay

snbarclay
  • Villager
  • 726 posts

• Joined 08-November 05

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:58 PM

I was at church last sunday and a young lady sat down beside me and she had this scarf that had fingerless gloves attached . Does anyone know of a free pattern that I can get to make one with ? :manyheart
'It is better to be liked for the true you, than to be loved for who people think you are......'

#2 jheatherley

jheatherley
  • Villager
  • 342 posts

• Joined 01-March 08

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

Sounds dangerous to me. You've got the scarf wrapped around your neck, you suddenly have to reach out to grab something -- you'd strangle yourself! :lol And I don't want to think about what might happen if you were driving your car at the time.

#3 happy stitcher

happy stitcher
  • Villager
  • 5,395 posts

• Joined 30-October 06

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

Sounds dangerous to me. You've got the scarf wrapped around your neck, you suddenly have to reach out to grab something -- you'd strangle yourself! :lol And I don't want to think about what might happen if you were driving your car at the time.

:rofl

I've seen scarves with pockets, but not gloves.

Could you find the fingerless gloves part and then just not end the gloves on one side - stitch a scarf in the middle - and then make another glove on the other end? Sorry - that's all I can think of!

I think of a puppet when I think of gloves attached to the scarf. Seems like when you move your hands the scarf will look like legs. :lol
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything.

My Craft Album

#4 MissRach

MissRach
  • Villager
  • 257 posts

• Joined 14-August 08

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

*blinks*

Honestly, that sounds super weird to me. But I'm sure I can come up with a pattern, if I tried.

Should I? Or shouldn't I?

:crocheting

#5 snbarclay

snbarclay
  • Villager
  • 726 posts

• Joined 08-November 05

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

I don't think as a matter fact I know they weren't pockets because she was right beside me . I wish I could explain it the scarf was long and the ends had pockets somewhat but they were open at both ends and had a thumb hole. I think I might try to make one . If someone else makes one please share it . :)
'It is better to be liked for the true you, than to be loved for who people think you are......'

#6 Ellie 13

Ellie 13
  • Villager
  • 1,604 posts

• Joined 19-March 06

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

I have a scarf with mittens on the ends. It's long enough that when I stretch my arms out I don't feel "strangled" (really long arms might be a problem :lol). I'd just go with making gloves and attaching a very long scarf between them.
Ellie 13

Afghan crocheters get wrapped up in their work.
2014 Stash Busting: WTD: + 5  YTD: + 80

2007: +304. 2008: +328. 2009: +171. 2010: +128.

2011: +186. 2012: + 103. 2013: + 90

#7 HappyOldCro

HappyOldCro
  • Villager
  • 5,649 posts

• Joined 13-August 07

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

Haven't seen one. Reminds me of when my kids were small, all their scarves had gloves attached. This way they didn't get lost when they took them off. Not dangerous at all, all my kids still here and Heaven knows they reached for everything.
They were attached with a chain of stitches or I would safety pin them on. Just have to be sure the scarf is long enough. It also kept the ends of the scarves from hanging and getting into puddles and other stuff, now that is dangerous.

Carol

Delighted owner of CV Bag #73 April 2012 SILVER LINING

BE EXTRA KIND TO EVERYONE, WE ARE ALL FIGHTING SOME KIND OF BATTLE!!

Click here for: Poems for hand made gifts
Asstd. charity projects (ongoing)
Baby throws

#8 ASQuiros

ASQuiros
  • Villager
  • 2 posts

• Joined 01-December 12

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

It was a pattern from Knitty, Fall 2007. ENTWINED. http://knitty.com/IS...TTentwined.html. It would crochet up easily, it's essentially a scarf w tubes on each end. You leave a thimble when you seam up the tubes. Great begin to knit project.

#9 ASQuiros

ASQuiros
  • Villager
  • 2 posts

• Joined 01-December 12

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Make that THUMB HOLE!

#10 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan
  • Villager
  • 8,615 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Make that THUMB HOLE!

Hi, welcome to the ville:hook
Thats a funny typo or autocorrect.....sew em up and just leave your thimble in the seam:lol
--Kathy
I'm Kathy-crochet on Ravelry.
It's official--I cannot type the word "stitch", it always comes out "sttich".
Callaway Stitchers crochet, knit, tat, sew, any fiber art! get-together in Fulton MO, Mondays at 5 p.m. Would love to have Villers join us! For more info, send me a PM.

"Advice to new crocheters on choosing a pattern" http://www.crochetvi...ad.php?t=107078