Photo

Kids Blankets Needed for Victory Junction Gang Camp! WE DID IT AGAIN!! 108 BLANKETS DELIVERED TO THE VJGC! THANK YOU EVERYONE

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#41 DreamsOfYarn

DreamsOfYarn

• Villager
  • 3,431 posts

• Joined 09-February 07

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

I found a skein of RHSS Mexicana in my stash and have made 3 squares so far :D
~Mel~

My Blog

My Photobucket
My Wish List Holiday Wish List 2008
Round Ripple-30 ghans done, 5 rugs done
Stashbusting Score: -6 WTD/+264 YTD
Saltine Smackdown: 210
2009 Charity: Victory Junction Gang
Squares For Charity: 6 Inch-59

#42 hoppinhooks

hoppinhooks

• Villager
  • 37 posts

• Joined 08-October 08

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

Oh that sounds great for kids.
"Yeah Team VJGC" - Ghost

My Blog Spot:
http://ghostbuilding...e.blogspot.com/

#43 wiz3283

wiz3283

• Villager
  • 4,589 posts

• Joined 07-July 07

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:26 PM

Can you give me some details on the squares? I know I can help with squares but I am not sure I can put a ghan together. Here are my questions for you. what are prefered square sizes and patterns for them? I have a few skiens of RH in starbrights left over so I am good on colors. I can start on these in between other progects now and work on them full time after the holidays. Let me know about square sizes and patterns and I will start on them. Thanks!
Wiz3283 - (Tammy)

Wish List - Click Here
Proud C'ville Bag Lady XXII - April Painted Desert

#44 DreamsOfYarn

DreamsOfYarn

• Villager
  • 3,431 posts

• Joined 09-February 07

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:41 PM

Can you give me some details on the squares? I know I can help with squares but I am not sure I can put a ghan together. Here are my questions for you. what are prefered square sizes and patterns for them? I have a few skiens of RH in starbrights left over so I am good on colors. I can start on these in between other progects now and work on them full time after the holidays. Let me know about square sizes and patterns and I will start on them. Thanks!

In the first post, it says 6 and 12 inch squares. There is no pattern requirements, just no large holes.
Hope that helps, and I hope I didn't step on toes by answering.
~Mel~

My Blog

My Photobucket

#45 Cherri

Cherri

• Emigrated from the Village
  • 5,926 posts

• Joined 17-April 07

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:19 AM

:hiHi everybody! I'll be able to help out, too. I should be able to manage at least one blanket. :yes

#46 Redheart

Redheart

• Villager
  • 579 posts

• Joined 10-January 07

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:31 AM

Hi, Sissie and Carol! Count me in for some squares. I still have Sissie's address from the Greek Games challenge. I haven't mailed that ghan to you yet, but I will and you can decide where to give it. :hook

~Terry~

#47 hoppinhooks

hoppinhooks

• Villager
  • 37 posts

• Joined 08-October 08

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:43 PM

Check post number 22 in this thread. It gives all the info. Or you can click on the link in my blog and get the info. http://ghostbuilding...e.blogspot.com/
"Yeah Team VJGC" - Ghost

My Blog Spot:
http://ghostbuilding...e.blogspot.com/

#48 sissie44

sissie44

• Villager
  • 1,138 posts

• Joined 04-January 06

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:05 AM

I found a skein of RHSS Mexicana in my stash and have made 3 squares so far :D

:cheer:cheerway to go:cheer:cheer I love that colors also:)

Did Dreams of yarn answer all your questions? if not let me know and we will be able to help:manyheart
welcome to the group and thank you for helping us:hug

In the first post, it says 6 and 12 inch squares. There is no pattern requirements, just no large holes.
Hope that helps, and I hope I didn't step on toes by answering.

Nope no toe stepping here :lol can use all the help we can get even in answering questions:manyheart thank you for helping with this question:manyheart

:hiHi everybody! I'll be able to help out, too. I should be able to manage at least one blanket. :yes

now how did I know I could count on you?:manyheart:hug:hug

Hi, Sissie and Carol! Count me in for some squares. I still have Sissie's address from the Greek Games challenge. I haven't mailed that ghan to you yet, but I will and you can decide where to give it. :hook

now you quit drooling all over that afghan and get it to me :lol:lol
I am pleased to see you here with us again this coming year:manyheart

Check post number 22 in this thread. It gives all the info. Or you can click on the link in my blog and get the info. http://ghostbuilding...e.blogspot.com/

ohh thank you so much for adding us to your blog:manyheart:hug
Hugs,
sissie

Lord, please keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

#49 sissie44

sissie44

• Villager
  • 1,138 posts

• Joined 04-January 06

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:14 AM

Just checking in here so I don't miss any posts:hook

Good to see you judianne:yes you have a good weekend

I am a Junior Villager and would love to contribute to the cause with an afghan. Am I allowed to participate or do I have to wait until my 30 day trail period is over :D. Each year our Church has teen camp for the less fortunate kids who can not take vacation or doesn't have as much as other kids - therefore I am all for donating my time with an afghan to make this cause a huge success. Just let me know if I can participate. Thanks.

you are more than welcome to help us with this:manyheart this is great that you also help with other kids in your church:manyheart
welcome to the group I am pleased to have you here with us and helping us reach our goals this coming year:hug

Hi, Sissie and Carol:
I've decided to join the fun and make at least three afghans for the challenge. I've already started the first. I need to know about fringe on these afghans, as one of the patterns is self-fringing. Any thoughts? Thanks!

ok this is a question I am not sure on:think let me email the camp and see what they say on fringe and i will get back to you:yes

welcome to our group :cheer happy to have you with us and helping us to reach our goals:manyheart

Okay, Count me in on this - I should be able to do at least 2 by May and another two for the end of the year. I love the primary colors and have a great fast pattern - I just need to measure it when I get home to see if it meets the guidelines! :cheer

Thanks for the opportunity to help.

great glad to have you along with us and helping us to reach our goals and making kid feel loved and warm:yes:manyheart:hug
Hugs,
sissie

#50 DreamsOfYarn

DreamsOfYarn

• Villager
  • 3,431 posts

• Joined 09-February 07

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:27 AM

I went stash diving again and found some bright yellow and some Banana Berry variegated. Spent the last 2 days making squares. And plan on spending the weekend making them.....until I run out of bright colors :D
~Mel~

My Blog

My Photobucket

#51 HollyzHobbyz

HollyzHobbyz

• Villager
  • 1,061 posts

• Joined 14-April 06

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:46 AM

What do you guys think? Would it be alright to set aside my rectangles for the troops (just for a little while) and have these squares be my project that I carry around with me? :think

:rose Holly

Boxing Day CAL 2016 - 

2016 Stashbuster CAL  WTD:  +2  YTD:  +32

#52 kenfreck

kenfreck

• Villager
  • 63 posts

• Joined 09-May 08

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

What do you guys think? Would it be alright to set aside my rectangles for the troops (just for a little while) and have these squares be my project that I carry around with me? :think

I crochet squares for 3 or 4 causes. I spend one week on one, the next week on another and so on. It works out well because then I get to work on everyone's stuff in a month and know that I'm helping many with the squares. That could be an option for others. Devote so many days to one group, then so many to another etc etc etc.

PJ in Seabrook NH
AdoptaPlatoon Soldier Support
http://www.adoptaplatoon.org
hats, hats and more hats for various charities & a Cancer Center that is treating my mom

#53 judianne

judianne

• Villager
  • 23,043 posts

• Joined 06-November 06

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:31 PM

HAP won't be needing any rectangles till January...:hook
Judy
"Wise is the woman who fortifies her life with friendships."

Proud Bag Lady of #44, Peppermint Swirl

www.judysyarncreations.blogspot.com

#54 jessicagil

jessicagil

• Banned
  • 3,213 posts

• Joined 17-March 08

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

You'll get burnt out if you dont let yourself work on other things. That is why we all have so many WIPs.

#55 sissie44

sissie44

• Villager
  • 1,138 posts

• Joined 04-January 06

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:39 AM

I went stash diving again and found some bright yellow and some Banana Berry variegated. Spent the last 2 days making squares. And plan on spending the weekend making them.....until I run out of bright colors :D

ohh the banana Berry sounds bright!! do not think i have ever seen this one:think do not work you figures to the bone now :devil

the troops for all needing the love to so i would be the last one to ask this of you! you do what your heart leads you to do. :manyheart
our Yahoo group will be doing the rectangles for the troops for our July challenge:cheer:cheer

Hugs,
sissie

#56 KellyA

KellyA

• Villager
  • 1,489 posts

• Joined 19-January 06

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:55 AM

I would love to help out in this. I know I have some bright Simply soft, I'll just have to figure out if I want to do squares or an afghan. With the weather getting cooler here I am thinking of the afghan. :crocheting
Kelly
ROAK Group 3 #24
http://kalbrecht7.blogspot.com/
Stash Bustin scores

07 YTD -15 08 YTD -114

09 WTD 0 YTD -69

12 Scarf CAL Jan through July = 2 per month total of 14

#57 HollyzHobbyz

HollyzHobbyz

• Villager
  • 1,061 posts

• Joined 14-April 06

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:11 AM

the troops for all needing the love to so i would be the last one to ask this of you! you do what your heart leads you to do. :manyheart our Yahoo group will be doing the rectangles for the troops for our July challenge:cheer:cheer

Don't worry Sissie...I still give my love to the troops! I volunteer every week at the USO and it is one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had! I highly recommend it to everyone!!! :yes But, I'm a huge NASCAR fan, too! And this is a truly AWESOME thing the Petty family has done.

:rose Holly

Boxing Day CAL 2016 - 

2016 Stashbuster CAL  WTD:  +2  YTD:  +32

#58 ArmyMom451

ArmyMom451

• Villager
  • 182 posts

• Joined 27-August 08

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:08 PM

JammerHolly,
I also work on my 6x9's. But also need a break too. Know what you mean. I switch off every few days or so. Bless you for helping.
Carol in NC
Carol in NC
2012 Bernat Waverly CAL
2010 1st annual hats for preemies UNC NICU-186 hats donated
2010 Oct. Charity CAL - Finished 14 preemie hats
2010 Gold medal winner for Crochet Games of Ancient Greece
2009 Delivered 114 afghans to Victory Junction Gang Camp, for children with special needs

#59 happytee40

happytee40

• Villager
  • 891 posts

• Joined 01-December 05

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

I am sure this question has already been answered and I missed it. Can I knit squares to send? I also missed where to go to get the address.

#60 jessicagil

jessicagil

• Banned
  • 3,213 posts

• Joined 17-March 08

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

I think knitted will be ok if you crochet an edge around it. And you send to Sissie I think. I am not sure on that either. I usually know these things.