This year I would so love to deliver Blankets to the
"Victory Junction Gang Camp"
Victory Junction Gang opened in June 2004. The Camp is a year-round camp that serves children, ages 6 to 16, with a variety of health issues. During the summer, the Camp offers week-long, disease-specific sessions with up to 128 kids per session. During the fall, winter and spring, family weekends are offered with 32 families per weekend. no child or family has to incur the cost of attending Victory Junction. The children served at Victory Junction are not able to attend normal summer camps due to their unique medical needs.
Each camper at Victory Junction takes home a hand-made afghan as a souvenir from camp.
- we will be doing 6" & 12" Squares. (This will be a great one for the ladies that love doing the basic 6" granny square)
- The afghans should be knitted or crocheted with bright, cheerful colors! Our camper unit colors are blue, green, yellow and red and are great choices for afghans! any of the Bright cheerful colors:)
- There are no specific design requirements, you can be as creative as you like!(PLEASE!! NO BIG HOLES!)
- The afghans should be 35-40 inches wide by 45-50 inches long. you can add fringe if you like:)
- Round Ripples should be 45 -48 inches across
Here is the link for all you need to know about the camp:
This is a Project that is not really known about to much outside of the NASCAR Family! SO I really do hope and Pray that this will help them and also help get the word out to such a great place that really helps the kids have a great and safe vacation in their life's!!
As in 2008 I will have my friend Sandy here in town helping me with all the picture taking, sewing and storing again (think I need to tell her?:rofl) or surprise her :eek :lol
we will be sending everything to me (pm for my mailing address please)
Carol "armymom451" & her Hubby will be going to VJGC in June. sandy & I will be taking everything down and will get to meet her at the camp:yes:yes
so are we up for this challenge? will you all come along with me again in 2009? and lets show everyone what a great Bunch of crocheters & knitters we have here at Crochetville!!! :manyheart
POST #3 has our Team Button for anyone that would like to use it here or on your blogs! Thank you Tammy "teakaycee" for making the button for us:manyheart
UPDATE ON MAY 28TH!!
Sandy & I will be going down to the camp on June 20th 2009!
to deliver the blankets!
this will be my only drop this year. if you wish to make more blankets you can mail right to the camp.
i do want to thank everyone that has help us to reach our goal this year!! If I am up to it I might try to do another Charity Goal for 2010:yes we will see
Edited by sissie44, 22 July 2009 - 09:44 PM.
updated on where to mail