Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Chain 2, hdc in same stitch?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 divorcedcatlvr

divorcedcatlvr
  • Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 16-August 08

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

What is the same stitch? The end of the chain? The stitch that the chain starts in? Can't get my numbers to work out right. I should increase by 2 somehow.:crocheting
Any help greatly appreciated.:ty

#2 Debbi-a1

Debbi-a1
  • Villager
  • 6,654 posts

• Joined 07-June 06

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:23 AM

Pattern (link or book) would be helpful
But maybe this might be of help.

Does the start of the pattern say, "ch 2 does not count has a hdc" or "does not count as a stitch"? Because that's what it sounds like to me. So you do the ch 2 and then don't count it, it's just kind of a filler stitch to make the rows even across. Then you hdc in the first stitch and continue on.

Or are you suppose to increase, does it say increase? Then you ch 2 and do the hdc in the same stitch, so you have an increase.

Also make sure you are working a stitch in the last stitch, if it's not the ch 2, then it's the hdc. Some patterns call for you to count the ch 2, which counts as a stitch, and then you would work on that in the previous row?

Did you miss a stitch on the previous row somewhere maybe?

Withouth knowing the pattern, it's hard to say. Lots of possiblities. I hope this helps, though!
[URL="http://debbia1.blogspot.com/"][/URL]

#3 LondonLaura

LondonLaura
  • Villager
  • 1,598 posts

• Joined 06-May 07

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

"hdc in same stitch" would mean that after making your ch2, you then hdc in the same stitch that the ch2 comes out from. This is often because the ch2 is just to bring you up to the height of the other stitches and doesn't count as a stitch itself. (As the other poster said, it will often say in pattern that "ch2 does not count as first hdc")

This sounds like it's a different issue to your increases not working out. If you want to give the actual pattern instruction someone can probably help you better :)
Crochet makes my world a better place :)
Laura (aka Lindilou on Ravelry)
RAOK Wishlist Group 12, Post #13