• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ChainThree

ChainThree

• Villager
  • 3 posts

• Joined 09-July 08

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

I purchase most of my yarn from the Knitting-Warehouse. They have a straight $5.99 shipping and handling fee no matter how much yarn you purchase, and usually their prices are lower than most of the places that I find on the web. Was wondering if others use this particular site, and if not if they could suggest other good sites from which to purchase yarn.

I'm a yarnaholic ... have more yarn than probably most stores! LOL :yay

#2 jheatherley

jheatherley

• Villager
  • 342 posts

• Joined 01-March 08

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

I've been using that site for several years, and have been consistently pleased. Another good one (with a $6.99 shipping charge) is http://www.yarnmarket.com/default.htm

#3 CroJulee

CroJulee

• Villager
  • 3,619 posts

• Joined 07-February 06

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

I love Knitting-Warehouse.com. I've been using them for about 5 years now. I like there shipping charges better than the places that charge depending on how much you purchase. That can get spendy.

Julee

#4 draydev1

draydev1

• Villager
  • 71 posts

• Joined 08-July 06

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

Knitting-Warehouse is the best!! I have had nothing but great service from them, their prices are terrific (believe me, I've done my research) and shipping can't be beat. (OK, if there is a similar site with these prices and free shipping, then that might work;)) Otherwise, this one is a keeper.
Draydev "Kim"

Wife to Steve
Mom to Drayton and Devin

"Crocheted from my heart to yours"

My Blog: www.draydevcrochet.wordpress.com

#5 Craw

Craw

• Villager
  • 1,716 posts

• Joined 05-March 07

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

CraftsEtc.com is another good one with free shipping for orders over $25. Knitting-Warehouse has a bigger selection of yarns but when CraftsEtc puts what they do have on sale, they can offer some really great prices.

#6 Tampa Doll

Tampa Doll

• Villager
  • 24,678 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

If I have a large project and need a lot of one color, I go to Discount Yarn Sale. They sell by the bag.

www.discountyarnsale.com

#7 callen610

callen610

• Villager
  • 69 posts

• Joined 17-July 08

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:05 AM

I've used the Knitting-Warehouse also....I'm glad to know that others have had good luck as well. However, I've banned myself from buying any more yarn until I can clear out my cedar chest.... Sigh...

~Corrina