Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Online Class FAQ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Amy

Amy
  • Administrator
  • 9,492 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:32 AM

Please read this thread for our online class policies and general information about online class registration and payment. This FAQ will address some of the more common questions new students have about online classes. Please feel free to post any other questions you have in this thread.

How do I find my class?
There is a forum called Classrooms on the main page of our site in the Online Classes section. All classrooms will be found in the Classrooms forum. You will only be able to see your classroom after you have registered for class and your payment has cleared.

What time does my class start?
The teacher will post the initial class material on the scheduled first day of class. The time the material is posted may vary depending on the teacher's schedule.

How does the online class format work?

The teacher will post one or more discussion topics during the course of the online class. The teacher may upload a pdf file that students can download or the teacher may include all the lesson text and photos within the discussion topic. Some teachers may embed videos in the classroom or provide you with a link to videos on YouTube, Vimeo, or another video hosting site.

Students post any questions or comments, including photos of their own work, for the teacher in the appropriate discussion topic.

The teacher will visit the classroom at least once each day to answer questions. Most classes will NOT contain video tutorials, although there may be still-photo tutorials.

If you have any questions about how a specific teacher will present the class material will be presented, please post a note in the information thread for that class in the Schedule of Classes forum.

When do I have to be in the classroom?
You do not have to be in the classroom at any specific time. You may visit your classroom any time to read and download class material, post questions for the teacher, read teacher responses, and participate in student discussions.

Do I have to be online each day for class or is this something I can do at my own leisure?
Your class experience may be more enjoyable if you are able to visit your classroom every day, but you may visit at whatever frequency best fits your schedule. For classes with many students, there could be many messages posted each day. Daily visits to the classroom may make it easier to keep up with these messages.

How long will the class material be available?
Class material will be available two weeks after the last scheduled day of class. After two weeks, all class material will be removed. We regret we are unable to send out any class material to a student after a class has closed.

Do I need any special software for the class?
Some teachers may post a pattern or class lessons in pdf format. You will need a pdf reader program to read these files. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free on the Adobe website.

Edited by Amy, 08 April 2014 - 10:57 AM.

Amy Shelton
Crochetville Co-Owner and Community Manager

Facebook Page | Crochetville Blog | Free Crochet Pattern Directory | Twitter | Pinterest