25 replies to this topic

#1 creativegoodness

creativegoodness

• Villager
  • 1,441 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:36 AM

Check this out:

"A ring for the "Yarnaholics Unanonymous" support group for people who are addicted to yarn and sincerely wish to stop the mad collecting and hoarding."

http://yarnaholics.blogspot.com/

:rofl

Although I cannot join.....I am NOT ready to agree to those first few things listed. I admit it could be...maybe...might be...a slight problem...but that is as far as I am willing to go.

#2 kahud48

kahud48

• Villager
  • 1,102 posts

• Joined 29-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:17 PM

Sounds very familiar:P ,
Very well said :lol .
My Etsy Shop:
CrochetKnitAndMore

Blog:
CrochetManiacs

#3 Catana

Catana

• Villager
  • 486 posts

• Joined 27-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

Why would anyone want to stop?

#4 diamond

diamond

• Villager
  • 4,694 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:57 PM

WELL I surely don't need that!!! I don't have a problem with my yarn! I love it and it loves me! I need my yarn and it needs me! Isn't that a bit of an oxymoran anyhows? How can a person have a yarn addiction? That is totally insane!!!!! :devil

Darn....I don't have any orange/red/purple varigated....I don't need it but I just might one day in the near/far future. I really need to stock up on it and fast. I'll never know when an idea hits me when I'll need orange/red/purple variegated thread, mohair, chenille, acryllic, cotton, wool....blends.....EEEWWW HEMP! Yeah, that's it, I need it in HEMP....hmmm...gotta go...gotta see where I can get some online..

Nope, no addiction for me.
~ Diamond aka Cheryl ~
~ My avatar/model is my Shih Tzu, DustMop aka Dusty ~

#5 creativegoodness

creativegoodness

• Villager
  • 1,441 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:57 PM

Why would anyone want to stop?

I really can't figure that out either....it is so much fun;) and I love my yarn....I would go through withdrawls....seriously.

#6 threeolivemartini

threeolivemartini

• Emigrated from the Village
  • 4,218 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:36 PM

the part about this that strikes me funny.. is .. i could never half my stash.. i would have to work for the next year.. on my 325+ pounds of yarn.. LOL..

#7 csabers

csabers

• Villager
  • 324 posts

• Joined 24-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:49 PM

They only have 4 members! But it looks like they just started the ring...

#8 diamond

diamond

• Villager
  • 4,694 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:01 PM

They only have 4 members! But it looks like they just started the ring...

Well that's because there is no such thing as a yarn addiction!!! DUH! The 4 that joined probably joined because they don't know about Crochetville and had no other place to hang out!!!
~ Diamond aka Cheryl ~

#9 CatsCradleCreations

CatsCradleCreations

• 1,702 posts

• Joined 13-April 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:18 PM

Okay; I'll admit I'm addicted to yarn, but I wouldn't say that it's a "problem." :lol Like so many of you, I NEED my yarn! I need to have yarn around me, even if I don't use it.

Last night, my hubby asked me to clean up a corner of the living room because my yarn had grown over it again. :blush He also put up some new shelving for me to store it in because I've outgrown my other storage options!

#10 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Villager
  • 2,821 posts

• Joined 28-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:34 PM

I am only up to four totes of yarn, one of them only half filled....don't think that I totally 100% qualify as addicted yet....although, I am getting up Saturday at 4:30 in the morning to :drive to Germany to go yarn :shop'ing in Hamburg with Anna.....might that qualify me as addicted?? Just in case I am not, I really should wait and hold off joining this ring ummmmm indefinently! :lol

#11 sprtsbear

sprtsbear

• Villager
  • 1,022 posts

• Joined 20-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:54 PM

How can anyone be addicted to yarn. It is so soft, and warm. Maybe we should start something for those who want to have a yarn love :manyheart fest. Oh, the blues and greens, the bulkies and the fingering, the worsted and the wools. I love them all. We should spread this kind of love to everyone. (Maybe not, because if we do there won't be enough left for us to buy):heehee
Sprtsbear

#12 deneen

deneen

• 2,689 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

Oh please, that is one ring you will NEVER see me signed up with. Addiction? I think not. Love-yes, obsession-perhaps. I was in Stashbusters for 17 days (okay for 7 I was on vacation) and it killed me. The yarn buying gives me instant gratification. Besides, Diamond is right, you never know when you may need purple/orange variagated yarn. I'll tell you one thing, as soon as you get rid of it, you'll find a need for it. It's now my one vice and darn it, I'm not giving it up!

#13 celestialkiddy

celestialkiddy

• Villager
  • 22 posts

• Joined 10-April 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:23 PM

I just realized that I am a yarnaholic. Show me yarn and make me happy. A friend of mine just nicknamed me Gimpy McYarnie. I recently sprained my ankle, which of course gives me a good exucse to pity myself and buy some new yarn and make some more stuff :D

There alot of crocheters/knitters at work and someone brang in all their leftover
skeins and scraps and I didn't care what was in the two big boxes, I just grabbed them and took them directly to my car.

-Gimpy McYarnie

#14 diamond

diamond

• Villager
  • 4,694 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:44 PM

Our motto should be "Yarnoholics Unite!!!"
or
"Yarn Lover and Proud Of It!"
~ Diamond aka Cheryl ~

#15 CatsCradleCreations

CatsCradleCreations

• 1,702 posts

• Joined 13-April 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:18 PM

Who wants a button with "Proud Yarn Addict" on it? I'd be happy to make one!!! :yay

and BTW, the Mexicana (which is that orange, red, black, purple, green veri yarn) comes in handy for pet snuggies and catnip toys! I know...that's what I use for my kitty toys~~especially for mouse-type so they don't look like the real thing! I have an entire skein and part of one!! :devil

#16 Catana

Catana

• Villager
  • 486 posts

• Joined 27-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:19 PM

Our motto should be "Yarnoholics Unite!!!"
or
"Yarn Lover and Proud Of It!"

Yayyy! Spread the word!

I think the Yarnaholics thing will be about as successful as stashbuster's month. I really should take the button off my blog. I haven't bought any yarn this month, but I've been given so many sweaters, and frogged most of them, that the stash has grown instead of shrunk. :blush

#17 ladylinoleum

ladylinoleum

• Villager
  • 429 posts

• Joined 03-May 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

the part about this that strikes me funny.. is .. i could never half my stash.. i would have to work for the next year.. on my 325+ pounds of yarn.. LOL..

Elizabeth, 325 lbs???? Okay, you got me beat!

#18 creativegoodness

creativegoodness

• Villager
  • 1,441 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:25 PM

[quote name='CatsCradleCreations']Who wants a button with "Proud Yarn Addict" on it? I'd be happy to make one!!! :yay

ME ME ME!! :hi :woo I am proud t be an addict (:eek ) can you tell by my name?!
that would be awesome!!:yay

#19 CrazeeMoi

CrazeeMoi

• Villager
  • 677 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:36 PM

NOOOOOOOOO I am NOT addicted!! Obsessed maybe tho lol I will be moving from Michigan to Texas by June 27. And taking ALL my 10 totes of yarn!! Seriously tho..... I did get fantastic deals on a lot of it (friend/customer from where I worked sold me yarn at a fantastic low price). Another customer was moving so he brought me his wifes yarn ( oh man, we are talking really nice yarn too). I find yarn at yard sales etc. Just bought 6 - 8oz skeins of yarn for 50 cents each. Maybe I should have a button that says.... Obsessed With Yarn!! lol and maybe I should change my name to CrazeeCrocheter?? lol

#20 CatsCradleCreations

CatsCradleCreations

• 1,702 posts

• Joined 13-April 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

Okay, here it is!! Take it whoever wants it!

BTW, the background is *part* of my own stash! :devil

[img]http://photos14.flickr.com/15857681_78b0361553_t.jpg[/img]