#1 Tiggzie

Tiggzie

• Villager
  • 268 posts

• Joined 08-April 05

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:33 PM

Anyone wanna test this pattern? If you forgot what this is, here's a reminder:

[IMG]http://www.inktobark.net/hair1.jpg[/IMG]
If feels kinda weird to call this an original pattern. It's so simple...it should be like copyright free or something. Anyhoo.... Please let me know if I screwed up or you have trouble understanding it. This is the first pattern I share.

I used:

Sugar and Cream Cotton yarn (any worsted weight will do; cotton's just better for summer)

I hook and G hook (for flower)

Stitches used: Chain (ch)

Single Crochet (sc)

Double crochet (dc)

Puffy McPuffpuff* or Bullion (B):
y/o 9 times, insert hook into stitch, draw loop through stitch. You know have ten loops on the hook. Y/o again and draw loops through the previous ten.

Shell:
3 dc ch 1 3 dc in one space.

Row 1: Ch 3. Dc 2 in third ch. Ch 1, skip second ch and 3 dc into first ch. Turn.

Row 2: Ch 3. 2 dc in next dc. Ch 1 and shell in ch1 space from previous row. Ch 1, 3 dc in last dc. Turn.

Row 3: Ch 3. 2 dc in next dc. *Ch 1, 3 dc into next ch 1 space, ch 1*. Shell in shell. Repeat from * to * once. 3 dc in last dc. Turn.

Row 4: Ch 3. 2 dc in next dc. *Ch 1, 3 dc in next ch 1 space,* Repeat from * to *. Shell in shell. Repeat from * to * twice. 3 dc in last dc. Turn

Row 5 – 15: Ch 3, 2 dc in next dc. *Ch 1, 3 dc in spaces, ch 1* Repeat * to * until point. Shell in Shell. Repeat from * to * until last space. 3 dc in last dc. Turn.

[You can change how many rows you’d like as long as you keep to the pattern. Keep in mind that the edging adds about an inch and a half.]

Edging: Ch 3. 2 dc in next dc. *Ch 1, dc-b-dc in space, ch 1.* Repeat * to * until point. Shell in shell. Repeat rom * to * until last space. 3 dc in last dc. Turn.

Ch 3, 2 dc in next dc. Ch 1, shell in space, ch 1* Repeat * to * until point. Shell in shell. Repeat from * to * until last space. 3 dc in last dc. Do not turn. Instead, sc down long edge of kerchief, fasten off and weave in ends.

Straps: Join yarn in one corner and ch about 40 (or however long you’d like your straps to be). Sc in second chain from hook and continue across. Fasten off at corner and weave in end. Repeat on other side.

And yes, I call the bullion my Puffy McPuffpuff stitch. :devil

ETA: I reuploaded the picture. I didn't realize it was down, sorry. Enjoy.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/tiggzie/hair1.jpg[/IMG]
...Approach thy grave like one who wraps the drapery of his couch about him and lies down to pleasant dreams. - Thanatopsis, Willian Bryant

Wrapped in Fiber

#2 Brie

Brie

• Villager
  • 485 posts

• Joined 20-March 05

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

Puffy McPuffpuff - I love that!:laughroll

I'll try it out tomorrow! Yours is really cute, by the way.
Brie
~~~~~~~
My Blog

#3 Crochet Buffet

Crochet Buffet

• Villager
  • 525 posts

• Joined 05-April 05

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:39 AM

This is so cute!
I printed it off and plan to start it tomorrow.

It looks like it'd be an awesomely beautiful shawl just by adding rows!

Thanks for sharing this!
~Jackie
Head Chef @ The Crochet Buffet

#4 kariholtz

kariholtz

• Villager
  • 3,481 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:58 AM

Woohoo perfect pattern to be making while on the road!
Printing now. Thanks!:yay

#5 twoqtgirls

twoqtgirls

• Villager
  • 820 posts

• Joined 20-March 05

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:17 AM

I'll try it after I get the year end teacher afghans done. I have 2 little girls who would love these!
Cheryl

Wife of one great guy and mom of 2 cute girls!

My Blog:
FlamingoCrochet

#6 shelbyro

shelbyro

• Villager
  • 530 posts

• Joined 21-March 05

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:04 AM

I will do one today/tomorrow! Thanks for writing it up!

#7 Tiggzie

Tiggzie

• Villager
  • 268 posts

• Joined 08-April 05

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:14 AM

About the shawl comment: My mom said she wanted me to make her a kerchief. I said "okay, how long?" "Oh about 50 inches. That should cover my shoulders right?" :rofl

ETA: By the way, I make two per ball of S&C but it depends on hook size and how many rows you add on. :)
...Approach thy grave like one who wraps the drapery of his couch about him and lies down to pleasant dreams. - Thanatopsis, Willian Bryant

Wrapped in Fiber

#8 kittencrochet

kittencrochet

• Villager
  • 418 posts

• Joined 21-April 05

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:47 AM

I did one this morning...or rather most of. I can't finish the endging because I ran out of yarn...go figure! So I'm going to buy more this afternoon to finish it. I didn't have any problems with it. Worked up fast and it's just too easy! lol!! I'll post a pic after I actually finish the edge.

#9 CraftyChristine

CraftyChristine

• Villager
  • 659 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:37 PM

Hey Tiggzie, I just finished mine and posted it in show and tell. Thanks again for letting me try out your pattern!
Happiness is: Yarn and a hook!

Visit my craft diary!
Drop the yarn and put your hands up!

#10 battlemaiden

battlemaiden

• Villager
  • 30 posts

• Joined 25-April 05

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:49 PM

Oooh, I'm a fairly new (past 2 years) crocheter, I'd love to try it out. I'll work on it this weekend.

#11 mrs who

mrs who

• Villager
  • 334 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

Thank you, Tiggzie! I think it would make a great shawl, too! :cheer
Lauri B.
~~~~~

#12 Seneca and Scooch

Seneca and Scooch

• Villager
  • 1,712 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

Way to go on the great pattern Tiggzie! :clap I have it printed out and can't wait to make one! I too thought it would make a pretty shawl!

Coralie

#13 Aunty Dana

Aunty Dana

• Villager
  • 193 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:01 AM

I love it . :manyheart I was looking for some kerchief patterns and couldn't fine one I relly liked. I think I'll make some for my 2 cousins and my neice. Both of my cousins have birthdays this summer and since they're sisters, I might make them matching ones.
Dana S.

#14 unicorn37757

unicorn37757

• Villager
  • 4,701 posts

• Joined 14-April 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:35 AM

This is really adorable, thanks!:cheer
Penny East Tennessee
http://www.ravelry.c...le/unicorn37757
2013 50 book challenge
2013 Stashbusting WTD = 0 YTD =+ 1
2013 Let it Snow (Snowflake CAL)

#15 princsstrish

princsstrish

• Emigrated from the Village
  • 1,090 posts

• Joined 11-March 05

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:15 PM

I just made one. I think it's a little too big for me so I'd go with 13 or maybe 12 rows, but it's DAMN cute!!!

Also, you are missing the 3dc in the last dc, turn in Row 4 of your pattern.

I couldn't do the bullion stitch no matter how many times I tried, so I just did the shell edging. I'll get a pic later and post in show and tell. If I ever take it off...hehehe

#16 shelbyro

shelbyro

• Villager
  • 530 posts

• Joined 21-March 05

Posted 27 May 2005 - 11:32 AM

I made one too, and I love it. I used RH Lustersheen though, and also had to skip the bullion stitch. I couldn't do it no matter what, either. I just did the shell edging like trish. I love it, and will post a pix soon!

#17 tnlefty

tnlefty

• Villager
  • 86 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:37 PM

Tiggzie,

I really want to make these for my GDs but I'm a little confused:think In reading the directions I came across "shell in a shell". I don't know what that means.:blush :eek

Thanks for your help:clap
Barbara

#18 Tiggzie

Tiggzie

• Villager
  • 268 posts

• Joined 08-April 05

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:21 PM

"shell in shell" just means to do a shell stitch into the ch1 space of the previous shell.

Also, for those having problems with the Puffy McPuffPuff stitch, cheat. I don't usually pull the hook through all the loops at once, I do them one at a time. Still gives the same effect and it doesn't leave me wanting to yank my hair out.

Thanks for that correction trish. I'll fix that right now. :)

Wrapped in Fiber

#19 tnlefty

tnlefty

• Villager
  • 86 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

Tiggzie,

Okay, let's show everyone how dumb I really am:angry :angry :angry How do I make a "shell" stitch:think :think

UR an :angel for helping me
Barbara

#20 Tiggzie

Tiggzie

• Villager
  • 268 posts

• Joined 08-April 05

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:41 PM

A shell stitch is usually something like 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc in one space. I believe I stated in the beginning of the pattern what a shell stitch was. :) If you need any more help do not hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to make is clear :hug

Wrapped in Fiber