• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 danie_lyn

danie_lyn
  • Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 08-March 08

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:06 PM

Help I'm working on a baby blanket this is the first time I've used this stitch. I've made the first row and I'm trying to turn and start the 2nd row, but I'm lost in the directions.:think
ch 3, skip first sc, work dc3tog over next 3 dc,* ch7, skip ch-1, work dc6tog over next 6 dc (leaving sc between groups unworked)
I'm not sure where to start the dc3tog because the reference to ch-1 would be behind the dc3tog

#2 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan
  • Villager
  • 8,418 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

I think we need more info about row 1. Also--If the pattern is online, give us a link to it; or if in a book, let us know the title, maybe someone has the book.

A thread that might help: http://www.crochetvi...light=harlequin
--Kathy
I'm Kaycrochet on Ravelry.
It's official--I cannot type the word "stitch", it always comes out "sttich".
Callaway Stitchers crochet, knit, tat, sew, any fiber art! get-together at the Fulton MO public library Mondays at 5 p.m. Would love to have Villers join us! For more info, send me a PM.

"Advice to new crocheters on choosing a pattern" http://www.crochetvi...ad.php?t=107078

#3 Amyjk

Amyjk
  • Villager
  • 753 posts

• Joined 25-March 07

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:38 AM

This is in the book 'The Crochet Stitch Bible'

You are skipping the ch-1 from row 1 and working 6 DCTOG over the next 6. You should be doing your last of the 3 DCTOG in the st right before your ch-1. Then you ch 7 and do your next set of DCTOG in the sts right after the ch-1.

Hope I made sense for ya!

#4 Cari Hearns

Cari Hearns
  • Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 14-April 08

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

Funny that I am making this same blanket and was confused as well. Figured it out below:

YO insert hook into 1st DC and pull through, YO and go thru 2 loops on hook, leave 2 on hook.
Repeat 2-5 times more depending on if it is DC3tog or DC6tog.
Once you complete 2-5, YO and pull loop thru all stiches left on hook.

Hope this helps!