Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Notre Dame afghan

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 crochetchic

crochetchic
  • Villager
  • 67 posts

• Joined 21-January 08

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:37 PM

Would I make a chart to do this logo on an afghan? I've never done this before. How do you know how big to make the squares on the afghan as compared to the chart. I want it to be big enough to fit a 6foot man. My husband loves Notre Dame and I would love to surprise him.
[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh284/cmclaughlin2008/th_Notre_Dame_Logo-1.jpg[/IMG]

sorry this is my first time using photobucket also:think

#2 LaurieE

LaurieE
  • Villager
  • 3,264 posts

• Joined 26-November 06

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:49 PM

There's a knitting site that will take photos and create a graph. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the website and apparently I didn't bookmark it. I'm sure someone here will know the name.
Laurie
My blog

Ravelry Name: LaurieE
Operation Toasty Toes, Florida Chapter 19

#3 darski

darski
  • Villager
  • 12,450 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:25 AM

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

This is the site...

choose the largest size to get the largest afghan.

Oh and change the name of the save file for the pdf... just a suggestion :wlol

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/

My Boxing Day CAL counts to date: hats - 27;  lapghans 3:  shawls - 3, pet snugly -1, slippers -3

#4 Granny Square

Granny Square
  • Villager
  • 6,552 posts

• Joined 18-June 07

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:31 PM

All of the above.

Do you know what your gauge is? That will help you figure the size of the graph you need, or how much of a border you'll need around the logo.

Let's say your gauge is 4 sc=1", and you want the afghan to be 48" wide. That's 192 stitches. So, if your logo graph is less than 192 squares wide, you will have to add the difference to each side to center it. If your logo graph is more than 192 squares wide, well, you'll be making a bigger 'ghan! You can also use your gauge and square count to figure how many blank rows to add top and bottom to center your logo.

Good luck!

Granny Square

#5 darski

darski
  • Villager
  • 12,450 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:04 PM

All of the above.

Do you know what your gauge is? That will help you figure the size of the graph you need, or how much of a border you'll need around the logo.

Let's say your gauge is 4 sc=1", and you want the afghan to be 48" wide. That's 192 stitches. So, if your logo graph is less than 192 squares wide, you will have to add the difference to each side to center it. If your logo graph is more than 192 squares wide, well, you'll be making a bigger 'ghan! You can also use your gauge and square count to figure how many blank rows to add top and bottom to center your logo.

Good luck!

I understand what you are saying here but I always prefer to add "The Border" to get the size I want after completing the graph part if needed.

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/

My Boxing Day CAL counts to date: hats - 27;  lapghans 3:  shawls - 3, pet snugly -1, slippers -3

#6 crochetchic

crochetchic
  • Villager
  • 67 posts

• Joined 21-January 08

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:29 AM

Thank you all for your help I think I know how I am going to do it!

#7 1loopshortofashawl

1loopshortofashawl
  • Villager
  • 95 posts

• Joined 11-August 07

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

Email me and I can help you out :) I have an idea for you.

spcnut@yahoo.com
Jill