• Please log in to reply
1175 replies to this topic

#41 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,060 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

I've got a lot on my plate this week, but I could probably bust out a few for you starting on Monday or Tuesday?

If that's OK, please PM me the info!

Oooh...wait....it's supposed to snow today or tomorrow. Perhaps I'll have a little more crochet time than I'm thinking! Woot! :lol

This is an ongoing project, so anytime anyone wants to or can help out is great! I'll be taking the scarves to the crisis center once a month. I'm planning on it being at the end of month to resupply them, but it is flexible as I count on my husband to drive me around/weather in New England, etc.
I'm sending you a PM now with my info, so whenever you have scarf ready I'd be happy to receive it.
:hug Ann

Ann
Compassionate Creations - scarves for survivors of abuse

proud owner of stitchgirl's tote Jan '11
proud owner of dorothysgirls' pen/pencil set Mar '11
proud owner of Old Time 4th of July-baglady #64
proud owner of Kuddlekubs Snow Capped Mountains Tote
My Rav ID - grannyanniek  
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

#42 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,060 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

I want to thank everyone that has sent scarves so far. Several of you have even promised to send more in the future. I can tell you how much this means to me. The deeper I get into this project the more I realize how much I was meant to do it. The more women that I tell my story to, the more that come forward and reveal their story and start to heal. The scarves are already starting to fulfill their purpose. You may have noticed that I am not thanking individuals on this thread. I have been doing that by PM to keep things easier for myself. Some of you have decided to only PM me and not post on the thread. I felt that due to the delicate nature of the topic of the thread that it would be best to thank individuals by privately, that way I don't inadvertantly name anyone that doesn't want to be named. Hope I'm not rambling to much! I have been know to do that, lol! BTW, I have been working on my website. YES, I HAVE! I'm am just slow. By now you all now that since I still can't get a picture to post and several of you have given me directions. ARGH! Maybe I'll have my 8 yr old grandson come over and show me, lol!
Hugs Everyone! :hug

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

#43 resmi

resmi

• Villager
  • 13 posts

• Joined 23-January 08

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

This is really nice thing. I would like to participate in this program too. However I am not US Citizen but is there anyway that I can help for this good work, Please let me know.

Anita

#44 hookdonU

hookdonU

• Villager
  • 730 posts

• Joined 22-June 07

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

Not to detract from the project but make sure that the victims advocate asks if the victim would like one. As both a DV survivor and advocate, when someone has been choked by his/her abuser oftentimes the LAST thing they want is something around the neck.
~Paulissa
Your mouth multiplies what is in your heart

WIPS: Scarves, coasters, prayer shawls

My wish list: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58095

#45 nikimcn

nikimcn

• Villager
  • 66 posts

• Joined 25-January 08

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

I would love to help as well. Please email me

Edited by nikimcn, 08 August 2010 - 06:35 PM.

#46 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,060 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

Not to detract from the project but make sure that the victims advocate asks if the victim would like one. As both a DV survivor and advocate, when someone has been choked by his/her abuser oftentimes the LAST thing they want is something around the neck.

Thank you very much for bringing this up. That has been a concern of mine and was brought up to the victim advocates when approached with the idea. They will be sure that the scarves are not handed out to anyone that they may cause more trauma to. :hug

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  

#47 tracyleigh

tracyleigh

• Villager
  • 1,130 posts

• Joined 22-September 06

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:46 PM

Here is a pic of the scarves that will be in the mail for tomorrow's run to town.

[IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k187/tracyleigh_2006/Charity%20Crochet/January%202008/th_Scarvesforvictimsofabuse.jpg[/IMG]

:hug

My Photos
My Blog
[url="http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2201670&postcount=6""]My Wish List[/URL]
Projects on the go
Always making baby blankets, hats, etc for charity

working on Kaleidoscope afghan for Fall Challenge

#48 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,060 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

Ok ladies, let's see if I can do this picture thing today!

[IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/akizis/compassionate%20creations/100_01742.jpg[/IMG]

What do you know! I finally figured it out! I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, lol! Well, here are the scarves on hand ready to be delivered to the crisis center tomorrow! Do you see yours? They are all so beautiful! I wish that I was a better photographer! I have another pic of before they were packaged. I'll try to put that one up in a bit too.

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  

#49 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,060 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

Here is a pic of the scarves that will be in the mail for tomorrow's run to town.

[IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k187/tracyleigh_2006/Charity%20Crochet/January%202008/th_Scarvesforvictimsofabuse.jpg[/IMG]

:hug

They're beautiful! Thank you so much!

:manyheart Ann

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  

#50 ldyer1

ldyer1

• Banned
  • 7,113 posts

• Joined 10-March 07

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:59 PM

Wow great scarves. I hope to have one finished this weekend and then we can make arrangements for me to drop it off or mail.
Laura
I heart Endweaver 9000!

#51 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,060 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:04 PM

Here are the scarves before being packaged. I can't explain how it feels to actually see this project coming to life. This has more meaning to me than I could ever explain here. Thank you all. :hug Ann

[IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/akizis/compassionate%20creations/100_0171.jpg[/IMG]

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  

#52 PBLKNP

PBLKNP

• Villager
  • 3,238 posts

• Joined 04-November 05

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

Oh, how exciting...I see mine!

PAM

WIP = Set-in Sleeve Top-Down Sweater (k), Mary Maxim Crochet-Along (cr) 

Done this year: Sock Monkey Blanket (k), Hooded Children Cardigan Sweater (cr), Socks (k).

Stashbuster Total: WTD 0  YTD -6

:manyheart

#53 Nilliem

Nilliem

• Villager
  • 301 posts

• Joined 19-September 07

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

ooohhh...I see mine! Nice bunch of scarves you got there!! ;-)
Anne

WIP:
Navaho Blanket for son(hold for a bit)
One pr of socks for me
One pr of socks for a friend's daughter
Sweater for me, olive green.
Many, many others...just not actively working on

#54 Momcrochets

Momcrochets

• Villager
  • 5,971 posts

• Joined 09-September 06

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:48 PM

mine are done, my pc is behaving (for the moment, after over an hour on tech support. ick) so I can tell you that as soon as I find/recycle a box, they will be on their way.

Isaiah 40:11

#55 tracyleigh

tracyleigh

• Villager
  • 1,130 posts

• Joined 22-September 06

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

I have finished two more....working on a third. Will wait until I have at least five before sending out.

My Photos
My Blog
[url="http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2201670&postcount=6""]My Wish List[/URL]
Projects on the go

#56 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,060 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:21 PM

Thank you ladies! I see that more scarves are getting ready to be sent soon! :hug
I wasn't able to get to the crisis center today due to the weather, so I'm a bit disappointed, but have rescheduled to go in on Monday morning! :cheer Now, if this New England weather will only cooperate with me! Oh, well, that just gives me more time to get another scarf done! I did finally get my website up if any of you want to take a look. I'd be happy to hear any feedback too. BTW, the scarf that I'm using as a logo......it's the first one I've ever done without a pattern!:eek It's just very simple dc, but I sure was proud of myself. I might even have the confidence to try something more complicated next time, lol! Enjoy the weekend everyone! :hook

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  

#57 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,060 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:53 PM

Hi Everyone!

Well, the weather co-operated today and I was able to get to the crisis center this morning to deliver the scarves! The counselors/victim advocates were very happy to receive them. They were amazed at the generousity from this wonderful group. I was able to drop off 17 scarves today. That should get them throught the month. They will contact me if they need more sooner. I pray that that does not happen....What a wonderful day it would be if they called to say that they didn't need any scarves because they hadn't had any new survivors to give them away to. :hug

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  

#58 sissie44

sissie44

• Villager
  • 1,138 posts

• Joined 04-January 06

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

Ann did I read somewhere that you would rather not have fridge on the scarves? are am I crazy :)
Hugs,
sissie

Lord, please keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

#59 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,060 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

Ann did I read somewhere that you would rather not have fridge on the scarves? are am I crazy :)

Hi Sissie, fringe is perfectly fine. It's totally up to you if you want to put it on or not. I'd say that about 1/2 of the scarves so far had fringe. My only request was that if people could try to use soft yarns so that the scarves do not feel rough to the skin. I have pre-washed some RHSS because I love the "monet" color and it comes out nice and soft. The most important thing is that these scarves are being made with with love and good wishes for the recipients.

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  

#60 tracyleigh

tracyleigh

• Villager
  • 1,130 posts

• Joined 22-September 06

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:20 PM

Here they are.....five more on the way.

[IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k187/tracyleigh_2006/Charity%20Crochet/February%202008/Scarves%20for%20abuse%20victims/th_scarves001.jpg[/IMG]

My Photos
My Blog
Projects on the go