10 replies to this topic

#1 hookedoncrochet

hookedoncrochet

• Villager
  • 142 posts

• Joined 25-March 05

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:42 PM

Hello Everyone,

A while back I found some neat listings on the forum for some foreign crochet sites with great patterns.....I added it to my "bookmarks" but my husband recently decided to delete all my bookmarks....I had too many according to him....

Needless to say I am lost now...If anyone remembers the sites or the person who posted them I would appreciate it....they were really great!

Thanks again....I think I'll go run and let the air out of PO's wheels... his prized triumph....will make me feel better:devil

#2 clearwaters

clearwaters

• Villager
  • 757 posts

• Joined 23-March 05

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

That sounds only fair. :lol Sorry. Wish I could help you. I will suggest that when you get a list of your favorites going again, make a back-up disc, just in case he decides to be helpful again.

#3 Donna

Donna

• Administrator
  • 6,268 posts

• Joined 07-March 05

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

Was it this one?
http://crochelandia....om.br/index.htm

I suggest getting an account at myHq.com. It's free, super easy, and your husband will never, ever be able to delete the bookmarks you put on there!

Donna

#4 crochetfun

crochetfun

• Villager
  • 2,184 posts

• Joined 21-March 05

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:20 PM

http://www.geocities...ns/translations

there are a number of them listed at this site.
you need to scroll down.

By the way she has some excellent patterns, and explanations on wonderful things like surface crochet, etc. Plus, she has an incredible list of links.
It is worth checking out.

Did this help?

#5 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Villager
  • 2,821 posts

• Joined 28-March 05

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:22 AM

They both helped me! :lol I just might be able to tackle one of the crochet projects that I have written in french after all :clap Glad I did not throw them out now!!

#6 hookedoncrochet

hookedoncrochet

• Villager
  • 142 posts

• Joined 25-March 05

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for all your help...the sites you posted are great!

Also thanks for web info about putting my favorite sites on....I am going to go there right now!

As for the triumph...he is having a fit this morning...can't figure out how it could have happened...might have been a bit drastic but sometimes they have to learn their lesson!:cheer

#7 hookedoncrochet

hookedoncrochet

• Villager
  • 142 posts

• Joined 25-March 05

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:39 AM

Hello Everyone,

I finally found the listing I was looking for:clap...it is under publications...thread by diamond...title = just not fair.

There are a number of sites listed there that are just dreamy:manyheart...if you are interested ...check it out!

I love this forum...it is the greatest...even if my husband doesn't understand that crocheting is more interesting than cleaning the basement:cheer

#8 csabers

csabers

• Villager
  • 324 posts

• Joined 24-March 05

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:11 PM

I :heart this site! :manyheart I'm thinking about taking Italian just so I can make some of their stuff!

#9 crochetfun

crochetfun

• Villager
  • 2,184 posts

• Joined 21-March 05

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:42 PM

Hello Everyone,

I finally found the listing I was looking for:clap...it is under publications...thread by diamond...title = just not fair.

I

It's so good that you posted this, I did not have one of the Russian sites bookmarked. Someone was looking recently for a pattern, I think she might find this beneficial. (and so will I)
Thanks.

And, this IS a great forum. I learn something each day.

#10 hookedoncrochet

hookedoncrochet

• Villager
  • 142 posts

• Joined 25-March 05

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

I am glad that the sites are as helpful to all of you as they are to me:yay

#11 starbright57

starbright57

• Villager
  • 21 posts

• Joined 01-May 05

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

Here is one you might like to look at. It is a Japanese or Chinese site. You will have to register. At the top is a place to register. Then when you log in, you will just recognize the spaces for your name and password. The American word for Crochet is down midpage. Took me a while to get on to how the site was organized. Most of the patterns are written in English.

It seems when one replies to one of the threads it brings the pattern up to the top and when you reply to the post you get points. Some patterns need a certain amount of points in order for you to download it.

http://www.meilaodiy....asp?jsv_flag=1

I lurked here for quite some time and find it a very interesting and informative site.