hand sanitizer keychain thingy:free pattern
Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:04 AM
You could put it on a keychain, or a purse, diaper bag, whatever. In the spirit of the season, these could make cute holiday gifts/stocking stuffers, in any color.
You'll need a size 7 (1.65mm) hook and size 10 thread (I don't know the exact yardage, maybe 50? or less)
1.Hdc in 3rd chain from hook, and next 12 chains. 3 hdc in the last chain. Working in free loops of beg chain, hdc in next 12 loops. 2 hdc in last loop (same one as first hdc) Join (30 sts)
2. Ch 2. 2 hdc in same st. 1 hdc in each of next 12 sts. 2 hdc in each of next 3 sts. 1 hdc in next 12 sts, 2 hdc in last 2 sts. Join (36)
3. Ch 2, 2 hdc in same st. 1 hdc in next. 1 hdc in next 12 sts. (2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next st) 3 times. 1 hdc in next 12 sts (2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next st) twice. Join (42 sts)
4. Ch 2, 1 dc in each st around (42 sts) Join
5. Ch 1, turn. Sc in each st around (42) Join.
6. Ch 2, turn. Dc in each st around
7. Repeat step 5
8. Ch 2, turn. 1 dc in each of first 10 sts. Popcorn in next st. 1 dc in each of next 20 sts. Popcorn in next st. Dc in last 10. Join
9. Repeat step 5
10. Ch 2, turn. dc first 8 sts. Popcorn in next st. dc next 3 sts, popcorn in next st. dc in next 16 sts. Popcorn in next st. dc next 3 sts, popcorn in next st. Dc in last 8 sts. Join.
11. Repeat step 5
12.Ch 2, turn. Dc first 7 sts. *popcorn in next st. Dc in next 5 sts. Popcorn in next st * Dc in next 14 sts. Repeat from * to *. Dc in last 7 sts. Join
13. Repeat step 5
14.Ch 2, turn. Dc in first 6 sts. * Popcorn in next st, dc in next 7, Popcorn in next st. * Dc in next 12 sts. Repeat * to *. Dc in last 6 sts. Join
15. Repeat step 5
16. Ch 2, turn. Dc in first 5 sts. * (popcorn in next st. Dc in next 4 sts. ) twice. Popcorn in next st. * Dc in next 10 sts. Repeat * to * . Dc in last 5 sts. Join.
17. Repeat step 5
18. Ch 2, turn. Dc in first 6 sts. * ( popcorn in next st. dc in next st. Popcorn in next st.) dc in next 3 sts. repeat ( to ). * Dc in next 12 sts. Repeat from * to *. Dc in last 6 sts. Join
19. Repeat steps 5 and 6, 3 times
20. Ch 1, do NOT turn, sc in each st around. Join
21. Sc over hair elastic (See below) Join. FO
If using a large hair elastic...fold in half. If using a small hair elastic (which I did) Use some sewing thread to section off the metal piece (If you were to fold the elastic right behind the metal, you'd have the same length of metal and elastic. sew there.) this makes a small loop and a big loop. the big loop is what you sc around for the opening of the holder. you can opt to sc around the second part after Joining (from sc around first part) if you want.
I've only tested this on myself. I think it's readable. I hope it makes sense. The most confusing part for me, was how to explain the elastic...the ones I used, folding them double would have been wayy to tight to get on the hand sanitizer.
Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:48 PM
Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:40 PM
Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:48 PM
I am so going to make one... thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!!
blog: Coffee n' Crafts
online store: MyFlowerGrounds
.::Proud Navy Mom::.
Collecting: Round Ripple Prayer Blankets ~Stocking caps ~12"squares
*Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Prov. 3:5 & 6
Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:18 AM