• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Uwcheese

Uwcheese
  • Villager
  • 613 posts

• Joined 30-April 07

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:04 AM

The new Vogue Stitchionary came out. It is full of a variety of patterns in color. They are organized by category. There are a few clothing ideas and directions scattered throughout. Kind of interesting to look at. The pictures and directions seem clear. Something to check out at the bookstore. It is not for everyone, but I liked the wide variety of different textures and looks of the patterns.
debbie
uwcheese

#2 jess315

jess315
  • Villager
  • 205 posts

• Joined 05-October 06

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:12 PM

got my copy last week.

Love: the photography - shows crochet at it's best.
the NAMES given - i don't like it when just numbers are used to refer to pattern stitches, so i really like the cute names they applied

Like: The layout, variety, yarn & color of yarn used
Charting is used
some motifs are given in half of a motif, which is perfect for making triangular shawls.

Don't like - nothing yet, will update if i find a bunch of errors.

warning - no beginner basic instructions in this book (like how to do a single crochet), so this would not be a good "only" book for an absolute beginner.

of note - some of the motifs are from a few of Vogue's on-the-go patterns, but they are pretty and unique, so worth a repeat.

keeping this one in my pretty crochet books collection with Crochet Inspiration & others. :)

#3 monkeybabies

monkeybabies
  • Villager
  • 513 posts

• Joined 03-March 07

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:37 PM

OH boy....I have been waiting for this book to come out. I can't wait to get it!
Gina
I'm HOOKED on crochet!!

ROAK wish list!!

My new blog Crochet Creations

#4 Astasakhi

Astasakhi
  • Villager
  • 6 posts

• Joined 17-February 08

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

I just got this book yesterday at the AC Moore in Orlando, I had a 50% off coupon, so I thought what the heck!

I like it a lot so far, I have been playing around with some of the stitches, having fun.

#5 proudmama762003

proudmama762003
  • Villager
  • 1,435 posts

• Joined 09-February 08

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

just when i think i have advanced a level in my crochet something like this comes along. heck i never even knew about the 1st one....lol i will have to check them all out!! yay
Great Big,Gentle Hugs,
Robin

WIPs/Wishes
an overwhelming amount of FGM gifts
Afghan for SD
Doll, barbie, Dora & AG clothes for DD - TONS!!
More outfits for DD