#1 darski

darski

• Villager
  • 13,333 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:56 AM

Anne with an E – part 1. :pinterest

anne2.jpg

I think a lot of people share my love of Anne with an E. I designed this dress to celebrate her dress with Puff Sleeves. I do not have and haven’t seen a lovely brown colour YARN that would more properly reflect the story but the sleeves sure do. :wlol I am developing the other side of Anne… the before picture if you will …when she wore plain grey muslin with a pinny in front but that is for another day.

Notes: I made the slip/crinoline but I don’t think you really need it.

This dress is really heavy. After I got the skirt done it had dragged the neck so much that I had to use yarn to draw it back in. This also looks better in Real Life. … :sigh

I would recommend that you find something pretty to use as a brooch to go with this dress or create a pearl necklace if you can.

In the original story, Mrs. Lynne gave Anne a hair bow to go with the dress but Dora doesn’t have the hair for a bow so that is missing from the ensemble. I may add one later if I like how it looks.

This pattern requires med. WW yarn and 5.5 and 6.mm hooks

But on to the pattern…

Using Med. WW yarn and a 5.5 mm hook ch 33

Row 1: Hdc in 4, 3hdc in next, hdc in 6, 3hdc in next, hdc in 8, 3hdc in next, hdc in 6, 3hdc in next, hdc in 4. Ch 1 and turn.

Row 2-3: work 2 more rows of hdc but working 3hdc in each ‘corner’.

Row 4: hdc in 8 ch 3, skip to next ‘corner (skip the sleeve portion) hdc across front ch 3, skip sleeve portion and hdc across back.

Row5-6: hdc evenly around

Row 7: Find the (visual) Centre Front stitch and mark it. Work hdc to CF stitch, work (2 DC, ch 1, 2 DC) in CF stitch, continue to end with hdc.
Change to 6 mm hook.

Row 8: (dc in 3, 3 dc in next) X4, dc in next 3 stitches, V-st [dc, ch1, dc] in ch 1 sp, (dc in 3, 3 dc in next) X4, end with dc in 3. join and turn. Join all rounds from here on

Row 9-10: Ch 2 (or 3) work in dc around but work 3 dc in the middle dc of 3dc groups and working V-st in V-st. [work 2 dc over the join from the previous row on R9].

Row 11-15 work evenly but work V-st in V-st.

Row 16: work dc evenly across the back stitches of the dress and hdc across the front including the V-st in V-st.

Row 17: (dc in 3, 3 dc in next) but… you want to work up to the V-st as it works out for you and then you want to mirror the first half for the last half of the row.

Row 18: work around in DC but even out the front of the dress by working the stitches that lead up to and away from the CF. by working 2 hdc, sc, sc in ch1 of V-st, sc, 2hdc, continue in dc to end. Break off yarn and tidy ends.

PUFF Sleeves.
anne3.jpg

First row of sleeves: Attach yarn in the base of the armhole and work around by using sc in bottom, hdc, dc as you move up and work 2 TR into every stitch over sleeve cap. ( I ended up with 20 TR worked in 10 stitches over sleeve cap)
Row 2: work stitch in stitch(sc in sc hdc in hdc etc) from row 1. but work Tr decrease in Tr stitches.

Row 3: Work around in DC but work DC decreases over the TR decreases of the last row

Rows 4-7: work evenly in HDC

Row 8: You are going to form a peak cuff look so pick a stitch that would be good for this. Work evenly in hdc but work 3 hdc into your chosen hdc for peak..

Fixing up and trims.

I will likely give this dress to a little one so that is why I have larger buttons on the back. Soft Velcro might work if you have it instead.

I used a pink yarn to draw in the neckline when it got so large from the weight. I made it too tight really so be careful yourself. I may have to redo that as it is too tight for a little one to get the dress on easily as it is.

Add a brooch of some sort as mentioned.

Crinoline/slip
anne4.jpg

I started with an elastic waistband and worked 40 sc into this waistband but the dress dragged it down so I had to add straps anyway. It might be worth it to just begin with a chain that fits around the waist comfortably.

Anyway my pattern is…

Work 40 sc over elastic waistband.

Row 1: work evenly in dc

Row 2: work dc in 3, 2dc in next.

Row 3-5: work evenly in dc

Row 6: work dc n 3, 3dc in next around.

Row 7: work evenly around.

Work some chain straps to keep the slip in place under the dress.

Just co-incidentally, I have a cute little pink top that looks good over this white “skirt” :wlol

anneextra.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

Attached Thumbnails

• anne1.jpg

Edited by darski, 06 January 2013 - 10:42 AM.
add info to title

• mizmorti10 likes this

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were built for..  :think

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/ 

#2 Tampa Doll

Tampa Doll

• Villager
  • 29,123 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:45 AM

As usual very pretty. I look forward to your patterns. My favorite color. Makes me almost want to go out and buy one of these dolls for myself.

Great job as usual darski.:hook

#3 angelfire

angelfire

• Villager
  • 5,455 posts

• Joined 01-April 06

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:50 AM

I think this is wonderful. I love your Dora patterns and when I can do some work again, I will make this as a dress for my DGD for the coming holidays

may all your days be filled with hooks and yarn.

#4 Donna's crochet Designs

Donna's crochet Designs

• Villager
  • 1,555 posts

• Joined 23-October 05

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:41 PM

Great pattern, you do good work.
I really like how you ended up with the straps on the underskirt. I think it's a great idea and plan on using it--if you don't mind.

#5 chrispersmom

chrispersmom

• Villager
  • 1,073 posts

• Joined 07-October 06

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

Very nice, as usual. I finally managed to get the Dora doll for my stepdaughter. She will get it for Christmas. I am right now sorting through all of your patterns. I can't decide what to make first. I thought I would make her a few outfits for christmas and then a few more on her birthday in February. I think the whole set is going to be a big hit with her. She is learning disabled. Even though she is 12, she is like a 3 yr old and usually doesn't like toys much. However, she does love Dora, so I am really hoping that this will be something that she will play with a lot. Thanks for all your patterns Darski!:hug
Leanne

afghan for me, with squares
Many Crinoline Ladies for gifts!
Snowflakes and ornies

Wish List #9, Post #17

#6 darski

darski

• Villager
  • 13,333 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:21 PM

Very nice, as usual. I finally managed to get the Dora doll for my stepdaughter. She will get it for Christmas. I am right now sorting through all of your patterns. I can't decide what to make first. I thought I would make her a few outfits for christmas and then a few more on her birthday in February. I think the whole set is going to be a big hit with her. She is learning disabled. Even though she is 12, she is like a 3 yr old and usually doesn't like toys much. However, she does love Dora, so I am really hoping that this will be something that she will play with a lot. Thanks for all your patterns Darski!:hug

I'm speaking only for myself but... the doll clothes that my grandmother sewed for me really set my imagination going so I will pray that Dora's adventures will catch your Stepdaughter's "mind's eye" and engage her in this. I do believe that God has plans for these clothes that I may never know about.

:hug
and one for your dear SD :hug

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were built for..  :think

#7 darski

darski

• Villager
  • 13,333 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

Great pattern, you do good work.
I really like how you ended up with the straps on the underskirt. I think it's a great idea and plan on using it--if you don't mind.

Go right ahead.

I can do what I do because others before me came up with original methods of doing things.

We do stand on the shoulders of giants....

#8 slicer

slicer

• Villager
  • 5,061 posts

• Joined 04-February 07

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

Beautiful! I might have to bookmark this one to make sometime! Don't really have a doll to wear it at the moment, but for this dress I might just go get one!

What size doll is Dora? I do have an Amer. Girl doll.
AMY!
My Etsy

#9 minwifeof4boys

minwifeof4boys

• Villager
  • 5,171 posts

• Joined 01-April 05

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:27 PM

Dar, I'm going to scream... You KNOW how I love Anne (notice the e)...I just reread Avonlea last week..Now my Dora HAS to have puffed sleeves!

Lea
www.theendoftheroad.typepad.com

You Tube Channel: https://www.youtube....eof4boys/videos
 Books read 2017 :4
BAG LADY #9 & 126

#10 darski

darski

• Villager
  • 13,333 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:32 PM

Dar, I'm going to scream... You KNOW how I love Anne (notice the e)...I just reread Avonlea last week..Now my Dora HAS to have puffed sleeves!

See... that's how I felt too!

#11 jigglypuff

jigglypuff

• Villager
  • 128 posts

• Joined 18-March 06

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:44 PM

I absolutely love those sleeves. I wonder if I could make a top for me maybe withsleeves like that. :hook :c9 Great job.:manyheart

#12 SHERYL

SHERYL

• Villager
  • 4,031 posts

• Joined 26-May 07

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

Another beautiful outfit ~ and such a gorgeous color. Thanks so much for sharing. :cheer
~ ~ ~ sheryl ~ ~ ~

"Friends are angels without wings"

Wish list: non-USA members ~ post #33

Looking for patterns? http://jsecl5.etsy.com
Crocheted & beaded items: http://sherylscrafts.etsy.com

#13 champygirl

champygirl

• Villager
  • 6,412 posts

• Joined 15-March 07

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

Very pretty and cute.

#14 mummycrochet

mummycrochet

• Villager
  • 117 posts

• Joined 29-April 07

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:44 AM

Darski, you are so amazing, as is your work. You so freely and willingly provide us with these gorgeous patterns. (Thanks so much.) I will definately be trying this one. Love it. And the colour is just fabulous.

Susan
SUSAN

I don't care what they say or think, I love to crochet!!!

My Blog-a-log

#15 oldbonboys

oldbonboys

• Villager
  • 682 posts

• Joined 03-September 07

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:41 AM

Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... to everything that everyone has said. Tilly is too young to know who Anne of Green Gables is, but Aunty Di always loved her in all of her books which I keep returning to - and also Heidi. My two favourite books from childhood.

Definately another one to add to the collection.

Dianne

#16 precious

precious

• Villager
  • 387 posts

• Joined 10-March 07

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:24 AM

I love this. Anne of Green Gables is one of mine and my grandmother's favorite books. Saw the movies too but the book was the best. May have to make her this. She's lost most of her speaking ability and ability to crochet. I'm sure she'd love this
My hands make gifts, my ability to do this is God's gift to me.

#17 oldbonboys

oldbonboys

• Villager
  • 682 posts

• Joined 03-September 07

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:29 AM

I love this. Anne of Green Gables is one of mine and my grandmother's favorite books. Saw the movies too but the book was the best. May have to make her this. She's lost most of her speaking ability and ability to crochet. I'm sure she'd love this

I'm sure that she would. It will bring a smile to her face.

Dianne

#18 Lavelle26

Lavelle26

• Villager
  • 1,999 posts

• Joined 03-November 05

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:30 AM

Cute dress. I love Anne. What a clever idea. Thanks for sharing this.

Anna (and baby Chloe)

~ The Coaching Team for the Pack Ratters ~

My Website MyTesting Forum My Blog
SWAPS ~ 2007 AUTUMN Secret Pals
CALS ~ Keep Us In Stitches CAL
RAOK ~ Group #1 Post#7
WIPs~ Lacy Medallion tablecloth (42% done) Sheer Witchery Table Place Settings (1 of 6 done)
50 BOOK CHALLENGE ~ 30/50
Stashbusting Score = 582 This week = 12 ~ Silver Medal 3/3/07/Silver Medal 3/31/07/Bronze Medal 4/17/07/Bronze Medal 9/29/07

#19 amhmsh

amhmsh

• Villager
  • 1,972 posts

• Joined 20-January 07

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

I am partial to this particular dress Darski, my first name, and what I go by at work is Anne with an "e". I am very fussy about people forgetting my "E" especially when I receive office correspondence.

Go Letter "E"!!!!!! :cheer
Michele }l{

I refuse to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on!!!!!

ROAK Group 22 post 2

2012 WIP Busters: Pompa-Doodle Poodle, Reindeer, Christmas ornament, pilgram

My Photo Album

My Blog

#20 SmileGirl

SmileGirl

• Villager
  • 189 posts

• Joined 09-December 05

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

You are amazing, what awesome pattern, thank you for sharing this pattern, too.