Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:54 AM

I’m Just Dotty About Dora :pinterest

dotty1.jpg dotty2.jpg

The ensemble includes
. a skirt with attached panties
. top
. beret
. shoes

I used Red and White WW yarn and 5.mm(shoes only) and 5.5mm hooks I would love to see this done in other colours as well. The yarn is carried along every dotted row.

You also need an elastic waistband. (make a circle of quarter inch elastic that fits comfortably over the doll’s thighs)

You can add trims of whatever sort suit you. I am a button fanatic and it shows. :wlol

Skirt with attached panties. Note: I can’t sew simple cotton panties any more but I would suggest that you do this if you can and then you would not have to make the attached panties if you don’t like the bulk.
dotty3.jpg

Begin by working 40 sc in White around the elastic waistband and join. (join at the end of every round)

Row 1: sc in 3, change to red, sc in 1, change back to white. Work around the skirt working 3 in W. and 1 in R.

Row 2: work around in DC but work a dc increase in the middle sc of the 3 white sc group.

Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until you have 8 rows made. The ‘dots’ may not always work out just right so make do as you wish.

Attached panties… go to underside of skirt and start with the 1st sc over the elastic. Work a base row of FPsc around.

Row 1–2: Dc evenly around.

Row 3: You will work a DC increase in the first and last stitches and in stitches 20 and 21 (this is basically Centre Front and Centre Back). For the rest of the stitches, work in hdc. (this row helps to form a crotch area later on)

Row 4-5: Dc evenly around

Create crotch…

Row 6: Hdc in the first 22 stitches then join with sl st to 1st hdc, continue to work hdc in the last 22 stitches and join last st to 23rd st.. Break off thread but leave enough yarn to securely stitch this crotch seam. Tidy all ends.

dotty2.jpg

Top…
You may want to add button loops as you go.

With White and 5.5mm hook, chain 31

Row 1: Sc in 2nd chain from hook and next 3. 2sc in next 2 ch, sc in 3, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 8sc, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 3, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 4.

Row 2: Sc in 5, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 5, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 10, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 5, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 5.

Row 3: Sc in 6, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 7, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 12, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 7, 2 sc in next 2 sc, sc in 6.

Row 4: Sc in 7, 2 sc in next sc, (ch 4 sk 2 sc, sc in next) 4 times.2 sc in next sc, sc in 14, 2sc in next sc, (ch 4 sk 2 sc, sc in next) 4 times, 2sc in next sc, sc in 7. Note: you may want to work more chain loops for the sleeve cap 0 just watch that you don’t overdo the stitches (11)

dotty6.jpg

Set armholes…
Row 5: sc in 9 back sc, ch 4, sc in 18 front sc, ch 4, sc in 9 back sc. Secure yarn but don’t break off. Attach Red at the other end.

Row 6: Work evenly in sc across with Red. Secure but do not break off yarn.

Row 7-8: With White, sc evenly. Secure W.

Row 9: With Red, sc evenly across. Break off Red.

Row 10: sc evenly across.

Row 11: Work dc in 3, 3dc in next across row. (It will not likely work out evenly)

dotty4.jpg
Beret…

With White ch 3

Row 1: work 9 dc into 3rd chain from hook (10 dc)

Row 2: work 2 sc (inc) with white in stitch, work 1 sc in Red in next st around.

Row 3: work 1dc in 1, 2 dc in next around.

Row 4: work the dot pattern of sc in W and 1 sc in R around the row. Make do if necessary.

Row 5-6: Repeat rows 3 and 4

Row 7: Work dc in 2, 2dc in next around.

Row 8: work dc in 2, dc dec in next (Work the decreases over the increases from the last row)

Row 9: Working with Red, work sc in 9, sc dec in next around (however the numbers work)

Row 10: Repeat Row 9 in white but stagger the decreases.

Row 11-12: work evenly in sc. Work Red then White. Break off and tidy ends.

Add a decorative trim if you wish.

dotty5.jpg

Shoes…Use 5.mm hook

With red, ch 5

Sole Row 1: 2 sc in 2nd chain from hook, sc in next, hdc in next, 5 hdc in end chain, hdc in next, sc in next, 3 sc in beginning st. (You should have 5 stitches at each end.)

Sole Row 2: work sc around working 2 sc in each end stitch to keep the shoe flat.

Start uppers.. flip sole good side down and work a FPsc in every stitch around. Join and break off Red.

Attach white at heel (the end you just finished)

Work a row of sc making a decrease in each side at the instep area.

Work sc to the point where you want your strap to start. Chain 5 for strap and sl st back along ch 5, continue in sc working 4 sc decreases at the toe area. When you get to the point where the strap should join, work a sl st into end of ch and continue with sc to end. Join and break off.

You can get away with making both shoes this same way but if you really want to make an ‘opposite’ shoe you can …

Work to where the strap will be joined at the side and work a ch 1. continue around shoe as before but now form the ch5 strap and join in the ch 1 space before sl stitching back along the ch 5.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Edited by darski, 26 March 2013 - 06:44 PM.
permission granted

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were built for..  :think

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/ 

#2 angelfire

angelfire

• Villager
  • 5,455 posts

• Joined 01-April 06

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:56 AM

Darski, that is awesome. It reminds me of a little French Girl I once knew

may all your days be filled with hooks and yarn.

#3 Tampa Doll

Tampa Doll

• Villager
  • 29,114 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:00 AM

Darski I don't know how you do it, but each one is better than the last.:hook

#4 Peggy85225

Peggy85225

• Villager
  • 15,530 posts

• Joined 27-November 06

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:24 AM

Adorable. I love it!

#5 Julexia

Julexia

• Villager
  • 2,460 posts

• Joined 01-August 06

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:23 AM

Very cute! Thank you for sharing! :cheer
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."
-Michelangelo Buonarroti

PROJECTS:
Blushing Grannies Afghan from Crochet Today! (feb/mar '07) -- ends and sewing together left bleh
Doily for Darla -- in progress
Fat Bottom Bag -- in progress
Sunburst granny square purse and Little Crochet Jacket (from moda dea) for DD -- in progress

#6 eebrs

eebrs

• Villager
  • 1,959 posts

• Joined 12-April 07

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:08 AM

Imagine all the well dressed Dora dolls running around thanks to Darski! Another cute outfit!

#7 stitchgirl

stitchgirl

• Villager
  • 2,187 posts

• Joined 05-April 07

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

Really, really cute!!

Cathy

#8 crazycrochet

crazycrochet

• Villager
  • 1,760 posts

• Joined 31-July 07

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

How cute!:clap Makes me wish I had a little girl to make it for. Darski, you are so talented.:2rock
JoAnn
http://s104.photobuc...0/crazycrochet/

WIP
WAY TOO MANY TO KEEP TRACK OF! HELP I AM DROWNING IN WIP"S!

#9 niqita

niqita

• Villager
  • 8,167 posts

• Joined 23-September 06

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:34 AM

Darski you just amaze me with all your doll clothes! :)

Brenda
It is not who you are...
It's what you are made of that counts!

Comfort Afghan for my 34 year old daughter with lung,kidney and liver cancer stage 4.

Please help support:
http://www.socialvib...teloveonherarms

http://cross-stitche...avantage=oxlhko

#10 newfiegal

newfiegal

• Villager
  • 2,061 posts

• Joined 29-November 05

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:37 AM

soooo cute!:)

#11 rainbowridergrma

rainbowridergrma

• Villager
  • 1,287 posts

• Joined 24-January 06

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:26 PM

Great job. So clever!

Glenda

#12 bgs

bgs

• Villager
  • 8,458 posts

• Joined 22-February 07

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

You design the most adorable clothes for Dora. I really like all the photos you include with the pattern. Thank you for being so generous and sharing.
Brenda

>>>Bag Lady 43 "Butter Popcorn" Nov 2009<<<

>>>Turtle's TLC Sept. 2011<<<

Friendship Ghan Square Cal

#13 champygirl

champygirl

• Villager
  • 6,412 posts

• Joined 15-March 07

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:28 PM

Very pretty and adorable outfit.

#14 Aelita

Aelita

• Villager
  • 2,610 posts

• Joined 28-January 06

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:30 PM

Ahw that is so cute I love the color of it. You've done another beautiful outfit.
There will always be people who say mean words because you are different and sometimes their minds cannot be changed.

But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
WIP:

#15 Coffeywoman

Coffeywoman

• Villager
  • 336 posts

• Joined 31-March 07

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

Your Dora designs are the greatest! Thanks for sharing them!
~~:)~Diane~(:~~

#16 boksie

boksie

• Villager
  • 2,665 posts

• Joined 10-May 07

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

BEAUTIFUL! I've been looking for a Dora doll but no luck. I bought a similar sized one and hope to start making clothes for her after the Christmas presents are done. Great design and beautiful work. You are fantastic to make these patterns available to us. Thank you:clap :flower

2013: child's hat, child's scarf, man's hat (2), dishcloth (3), woman's scarf, man's slippers, afghan/throw (1)

My Blog
Little Looks at History
The Chihuahua Kids
I'm on Ravelry
Pinterest

#17 ggrose

ggrose

• Villager
  • 155 posts

• Joined 02-January 07

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:06 AM

This pattern will be perfect for my DGD. Thank you Darski for your creativity.

#18 marnie413

marnie413

• Villager
  • 397 posts

• Joined 19-July 05

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:52 AM

You are so talented thanks for sharing your patterns.:yay
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take , but by the moments that take our breath away!"
Marnie

#19 Gail

Gail

• Villager
  • 49 posts

• Joined 14-November 06

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:00 PM

Thank you Darski -:hug - and in good time for the festive season too, my 4 year old niece will be thrilled:clap
she keeps asking

has that lady made my Dora any more stuff? :lol

#20 darski

darski

• Villager
  • 13,333 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:02 PM

Thank you Darski -:hug - and in good time for the festive season too, my 4 year old niece will be thrilled:clap
she keeps asking

has that lady made my Dora any more stuff? :lol

Thank you all and I should have the next one here by Friday. it's the first of a two parter :yay

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were built for..  :think

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/