Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Looking for "Sage Mary" in the Twin Cities

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trinket

Trinket
  • Villager
  • 780 posts

• Joined 27-March 07

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:50 PM

I hope this would be the right place to post this... :think

In Red Heart Super Saver (and in Classic, too, I THINK), there's a multicolored yarn called "Sage Mary". It seems to be popular, since I've seen it used in several official crochet pattern books and I've seen several people here at Crochetville using the yarn for their projects. Back where I used to live, I could find that color at the only two places I was able to buy yarn (Hobby Lobby and Walmart), but now that I've moved into the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, I can't seem to find "Sage Mary" ANYWHERE!! :thair

I've checked several websites, including the Red Heart site and JoAnn's, but they want a LOT for the yarn there. Over $3.50 per skein for yarn that is sold in the stores for only $2.29/50 per skein. I don't want to have to pay a dollar more plus heavy shipping fees.

Since the color is still available on the Red Heart site, I can't imagine that it would be discontinued... It would at least say so, I'd think.

I'm also trying to find "Cherry Chip", which I have found in TLC, though it's expensive. I'd rather have it in RHSS.

So, would anyone have any idea what stores in the Twin Cities area may have that color yarn? If you do and can tell me, I would very highly appreciate it!

#2 LyndyLou

LyndyLou
  • Villager
  • 142 posts

• Joined 22-September 06

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:39 PM

I live in close to you over by Northtown Mall -- the best place I've found for yarn is Michaels -- and that is pretty limited. :worried I did get my hands on some RHSS Cherry Chip, but that was at the Hobby Lobby in Bismarck, ND! I'm seriously thinking of driving down to Mankato or Rochester to check out the nearest Hobby Lobby there for my next yarn bender. :hook

#3 Trinket

Trinket
  • Villager
  • 780 posts

• Joined 27-March 07

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:45 AM

I live in close to you over by Northtown Mall -- the best place I've found for yarn is Michaels -- and that is pretty limited. :worried I did get my hands on some RHSS Cherry Chip, but that was at the Hobby Lobby in Bismarck, ND! I'm seriously thinking of driving down to Mankato or Rochester to check out the nearest Hobby Lobby there for my next yarn bender. :hook

Aww, poo. :( Yeah, I checked on several Michael's, but none of them had either of the colors. I still need to ask them if they can special order yarn, though. If they can, then that solves everything! :lol

Back in Mississippi where I used to live, I visited Hobby Lobby a lot. They always had those colors... and then some! I miss their I Love This Yarn brand, too. It was really nice. I'm also really considering going to Rochester or the other one listed on their store locater for MN. I bet they'd have those colors. If not, they could order them... maybe? But, it's such a long drive... *sigh* :(