Pattern by miller3602
Worsted Weight yarn in:
*Sock or stocking color (optional)
Worsted Weight Cotton yarn in:
Size E (3.50 mm) hook
Doll eyes (or you can embroider the eyes)
Ribbon, Yarn, Puffy Paint…something to decorate the doll’s dress with!
*All of doll is worked right side out. Do not chain 1 or join rounds unless otherwise indicated.*
Head and Body
Head and Body:
1) With skin color, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook (6)
2) 2 sc in each sc around (12)
3) *sc in 1st st, 2 sc in next st* around, join w/ a sl st (18)
4) In BLO, sc in each sc around, sl st (18)
5-7) sc in each sc around (18)
*If using plastic doll eyes, please place them between rounds 4 and 5*
8) *sc in 1st st, sc dec over next 2 sts* around (12)
9) *dec* around (6)
STUFF A BIT MORE
10) *2 sc in next st* around (12)
11-16) sc in each st around (12)
17.) *dec* around (6)
STUFF A BIT MORE, Fasten Off, and Weave in the Ends.
(If the neck seems to big, wrap a piece of skin colored yarn tightly around the neck 2 or 3 times. Tie a knot and weave in the ends.)
1) With hair color, ch 2. 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. (6)
2-4) sc in each st around (6)
5) 2 sc in each around (12)
6) Repeat round 5 (24)
7) sc in each sc around (24)
8) dc in first 7 sc’s, sc in next 16. Sl st in the last st (24) Fasten off, leaving a LONG tail for sewing.
Arms (Make 2)
1) With skin color, ch 2, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook (5)
2-7) sc in each sc around (5)
Sl st in next st, fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.
Legs (Make 2)
1) With shoe color, ch 2, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook (5)
2-3) sc in each sc around, changing to skincolor in last step of last sc (5)
4-12) Sc in each sc around. (5) Sl st, fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.
(For socks, do round 4 in sock color. For stockings, do rounds 4-12 in stocking color,)
*The dress is crocheted onto the doll. This means that when doing the first sl st of round 1, you will have the chains AROUND THE DOLL’S CHEST.*
1) Ch 15, sl st in 1st ch made. (15)
2) In BLO, sc around. (15)
3-8) sc in both loops around. (15)
9) *5 dc in next st, sl st in next st* around. (42)
Fasten off, weave in the ends.
STRAPS (Make 2)
(Join yarn in front of the dress where you want the strap to be)
1. Ch 6, sl st in st at back of dress. (6) Turn
2. In BLO, *2 hdc in 1st st, sl st in the next st* across. (9) Fasten off, weave in the ends.
1) Embroider mouth, eyebrows, nose, and eyes if you are not using doll eyes
2) Sew on arms to doll.
3) Sew on legs to doll.
4) Decorate the dress with ribbons, puffy paint, embroidery, whatever you like!
5) Sew on hair, using pictures below as a guide.
*For the bun: add a little bit of stuffing in the bun. With a long piece of yarn in dress color, tie a tight knot at back of bun. Bring yarn to front of bun, cross the strings over each other, come to the back of the bun again and tie 2 more knots. Finally, tie a bow with the rest of the yarn and trim the ends so that they are both even.*
*Sewing to head: Have the 7 double crochets in the front of the head. These will act like bangs. The hair should be slanted, so that all of the front loops (from round 4 of the head) are covered. Stitch to head, and weave in the ends when done.
*all pics are clickable exept for the doll in the blue dress*
*Grinning Chooks* Party Girl
*chrisdfriend*s party girl
*The Crochet Fanatic*s Party Girl
[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/miller3602/th_IMG_0205.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/miller3602/th_IMG_0206.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/miller3602/th_IMG_0200.jpg[/IMG]
My Party Girl!!!