• Villager
  • 13,333 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

Love and Sunshine tlttg -4 :pinterest

tlttg4.jpg

Top…

tlttg5.jpg

This top is very cheerful but I think it is a bit too full (sigh) . It does make you smile when you see our girl wearing this. And she gets to borrow Sunnie’s yellow shoes.. fair is fair.

Start, row 1: Ch 28, dc in 2nd ch from hook and next 3 ch, ch 5, skip 5 chain, 2dc in next ch dc in next 7, 2dc in next ch, ch 5, sk 5 chain, dc in 3ch 2dc in last. Ch 1 and turn
(keep yourself oriented so you know which is the original chain row)

Row 2: work 2 hdc across.

Row 3: work dc across but work 4 increases (back, 2 in front, other back)

Rows 4: hdc across

Row 5: dc in 1, 2 dc in next across

Row 6: dc across but work a dc between the two stitches of your increase on row 5. Break off yellow.

Add trims…
Choose a side to be your right side. Either your first row is the right side or your last row is the right side. Be an executive; make a decision J

With right side facing, attach yarn in the top at CB Work sc down the centre back edge and put 3 sc into bottom corner to turn, work ch 3 sc in every other stitch across. Again put 3sc into bottom left corner and work up left side, Work sc along neck edge using double decrease in each corner, join to first sc and break off.

Attach white yarn in the bodice stitch at the base of the armhole. What you are going to do is work an increasing then decreasing series of chains over the armhole cap.

This is what I did but you may need more or less to cover yours.
Work ch 3, sc, ch 4, sc, ch 5, sc, (ch 6, sc) three times, ch 5, sc, ch 4, sc, ch 3, sc, over the armhole stitches . Pull the stitches out straight rather than flaring them for this top.
Tidy all ends.

Bermuda Shorts…

tlttg6.jpg

These are worked in stripes of Yellow and white. These could qualify for ®Cute Overload .

Legs
work 2 but Break off after both legs.

Chain 20 and join to form a ring.
Row 1: work dc around join and break off Yellow
Row 2: attach White and work dc around. Break off white.

Join and Row 3: with yellow, join the two legs with 5 sc for the crotch (you are now at CF) dc around the first leg stitch but work TR into the first joining stitch and one on either side of that one, dc back to beginning dc join. Secure Yellow but do not break off

Row 4: Attach White at CB and work even in dc

Row 5: Ditto with Yellow

Row 6: Dc around with White but work one dc decrease at the beginning of the round. Join and break off white.

Row 7: Work a row of hdc, ch 1 around. Join and break off.

‘Belt’… With yellow and white together .. chain 40 , secure and break off . thread through the mesh formed by the top row of the pants. Do not tie, just let it hang in place. You might want fewer chains or more chains. As you can see in the picture, you only see the cut ends from under the top. More chains would make the ‘belt’ visible and fewer would remove the tag ends from view. go with what works for you.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Edited by darski, 26 March 2013 - 06:50 PM.
copyright info added

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were built for..  :think

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/ 

#2 Riohnna

Riohnna

• Villager
  • 5,383 posts

• Joined 30-November 06

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

That is so precious!

#3 diamond

diamond

• Villager
  • 4,694 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

Love this one! It's very 'summery'. But must admit, while scanning thru the pattern, I saw this line for the legs of the Bermuda shorts, but misread it...."but Break off after both legs'.....for some reason I couldn't understand why I had to "Break off both legs"....ROFL I had to go back and reread as I didn't know why you would want me to break both Dora's legs. Either I had a serious blonde moment or a major brain fart! Got me to giggling tho.
~ Diamond aka Cheryl ~
~ My avatar/model is my Shih Tzu, DustMop aka Dusty ~

#4 darski

darski

• Villager
  • 13,333 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:21 AM

Love this one! It's very 'summery'. But must admit, while scanning thru the pattern, I saw this line for the legs of the Bermuda shorts, but misread it...."but Break off after both legs'.....for some reason I couldn't understand why I had to "Break off both legs"....ROFL I had to go back and reread as I didn't know why you would want me to break both Dora's legs. Either I had a serious blonde moment or a major brain fart! Got me to giggling tho.

For those who have followed my patterns... I usually say don't Break Off after the 2nd leg. This time you do break off yarn after the 2nd leg because you change colours and I wanted to warn folks this was different.

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were built for..  :think

#5 carovan

carovan

• Villager
  • 2,921 posts

• Joined 27-January 07

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:22 PM

awwww! :c9 That outfit is too prescious. It reminds me of little girls that like to twirl around and make their skirt/shirt spin out.

Carolyn

#6 Knit Happens

Knit Happens

• Villager
  • 1,146 posts

• Joined 24-March 07

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:18 PM

Cute....adore the shoes!

#7 Julexia

Julexia

• Villager
  • 2,460 posts

• Joined 01-August 06

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:11 PM

Very nice! Thanks for sharing! :cheer
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."
-Michelangelo Buonarroti

PROJECTS:
Blushing Grannies Afghan from Crochet Today! (feb/mar '07) -- ends and sewing together left bleh
Doily for Darla -- in progress
Fat Bottom Bag -- in progress
Sunburst granny square purse and Little Crochet Jacket (from moda dea) for DD -- in progress

#8 christinascrochethaven

christinascrochethaven

• Villager
  • 8,991 posts

• Joined 10-January 06

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:36 AM

Adorable and oh so cute! Love it:hug

Christina

SAHM of Zach (17), Josh (15 1/2) and Shaelynn (9 1/2). Married for 18 years... Gavin= two hearts forever.

www.christinassunshinehaven.com

#9 Ladycrochat

Ladycrochat

• Villager
  • 4,351 posts

• Joined 16-April 06

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:21 AM

Another beautiful outfit!
THE GREATEST THING WE CAN DO IN LIFE IS SURPRISE OURSELVES!

DEBBIE
http://s63.photobuck...157/DKousmat58/

2011 wish list.....group 18 number 24

Find me on facebook at
http://www.facebook....682&ref=profile

#10 nook_a_miss2

nook_a_miss2

• Villager
  • 7 posts

• Joined 18-April 08

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:27 AM

very cute.. i would like to see dora in a little pair of sailor pants and sailor top , wtih the cap lol .

#11 pineapplequeen

pineapplequeen

• Villager
  • 11,877 posts

• Joined 07-September 07

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

Cute!!!

Betty

Book Challenge

2013-111, 2014-100, 2015-117, 2016-119/50

2017-25/50

#12 mama_crochet

mama_crochet

• Villager
  • 1,272 posts

• Joined 03-June 07

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:59 AM

That is just so Precious!!!
WIP's

Adult Afghan - 50 % done
CAL- Catherdral Rose Window Afghan
(colors: gemstone, amethyst, real teal & black)

Wish List Group # 23 ..Post # 25

#13 pamshooked

pamshooked

• Villager
  • 446 posts

• Joined 28-November 06

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

Another great pattern to add to my collection - you are great with Dora!:bow I asked for a Dora doll for my birthday so I could try my hand at your patterns -- My Mom thought I needed two (twin granddaughters) but this project was suppose to be just for me:think: O well, guess I'll be doing double duty with the old crochet hook.:crocheting:crocheting

#14 Monique39

Monique39

• Villager
  • 18,044 posts

• Joined 01-February 08

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

awwwww so cute!

#15 Shell

Shell

• Villager
  • 4,054 posts

• Joined 24-August 06

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

aww, totally sweet!

------------------------------

I don't have the staying power...

Blog - Wish

#16 DebbyQ

DebbyQ

• Villager
  • 1,013 posts

• Joined 20-September 07

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:59 PM

Oh boy love the idea about the "sailor suit". Wouldn't Dora look so cute in a little sailor suit? And just wanted to say that is one is beautiful too. Thank you Darski for sharing all of your wonderful patterns with us.

Debby

#17 darski

darski

• Villager
  • 13,333 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:09 AM

I have been considering your notion of a sailor suit... will have to think about it some more.

:think :hug

#18 lhasaapsolady

lhasaapsolady

• Villager
  • 13,191 posts

• Joined 21-May 06

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:20 AM

Another great pattern, lovely.

Wanda Kay

Give us hook, yarn, thread, and a pattern a day We'll merrily sit and crochet and crochet

http://lhasaapsolady.wordpress.com/

2016 Stashbusting  WTD+4/ YTD+263

2015 Stashbusting WTD+10 YTD+58
2014 Stashbusting  WTD +20/YTD+138,  2013 Stashbusting WTD+8/YTD+156, 2012 Stashbusting WTD+8/YTD+148, 2011 Stashbusting WTD/+12 YTD/+219, 2010 Stashbusting CAL:YTD/+318

#19 Peggy85225

Peggy85225

• Villager
  • 15,530 posts

• Joined 27-November 06

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

Thank you this is exactly what I need to dress a Dora doll for one of the charity toy drives here at the 'Ville. Such a cute summery outfit it's just perfect.

#20 yarncat

yarncat

• Villager
  • 19,516 posts

• Joined 02-July 05

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

Pretty!Thanks!!