#1 darski

darski

• Villager
  • 13,328 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

Stripes abound…*tlttg 2 :pinterest

tlttg1.jpg

This little dress was made with yarn that was just given to me by a neighbour who was tidying away stuff that keeps getting shuffled from place to place. It was in a bag full of little bits of yarn and I used a colour until it ran out. I planned ahead for the blending rows and I also worked Between Stitches rather than into stitches because I like that look in stripes.

What I am saying is… use up whatever you have in what ever way you want. I am not going to tell you to change colours, use a colour as long as you wish and change when you wish.

Start, row 1: Ch 28, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and next 2 ch, ch 5, skip 5 chain, hdc in next 9 ch, ch 5, sk 5 chain, hdc in last 4 ch.
(keep yourself oriented so you know which is the original chain row)

Row 2: work 2 hdc in first st, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc to end and put 2hdc in last st. (the increases should be at the front side of the armholes… not that it matters but there yah go… wherever you end up J.

Row 3: work hdc across but work 4 increases (back, 2 in front, other back)

Rows 4 and 5: Work even

Row 6: Work hdc in 3, 3 hdc in next across

Row 7-9: Work even in dc.

Row 10: dc around but join and work in rounds from this point on.

Row 11-15: DC across.

Row 16: Work dc in 3, (hdc, dc, hdc ) in next around and break off. Tidy all ends.

tlttg2.jpg

This stays in place by means of a waist tie made just with a couple of strands of the last yarn I used. I found the centre and made a little bow and secured it so it wont come apart. I then threaded the strands of yarn through stitches and to the back where it ties.

tlttg3.jpg

When this was done, I went back and just took a stitch on the inside to secure the little bow so it doesn’t come undone or come off the dress.

*The Little Top That Grew

Copyright:
Darlene Cutler
– 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Edited by darski, 26 March 2013 - 07:37 PM.

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were built for..  :think

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/ 

#2 diamond

diamond

• Villager
  • 4,694 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:04 AM

Very cute!!!!!
~ Diamond aka Cheryl ~
~ My avatar/model is my Shih Tzu, DustMop aka Dusty ~

#3 carovan

carovan

• Villager
  • 2,921 posts

• Joined 27-January 07

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:28 PM

What a great way to use up small bits of stash. :yarn Very cute dress. Dora always looks so happy when she has a pretty dress on. :princess

Carolyn

#4 Julexia

Julexia

• Villager
  • 2,460 posts

• Joined 01-August 06

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:12 PM

Very cute little dress! Thanks again for sharing! :cheer
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."
-Michelangelo Buonarroti

PROJECTS:
Blushing Grannies Afghan from Crochet Today! (feb/mar '07) -- ends and sewing together left bleh
Doily for Darla -- in progress
Fat Bottom Bag -- in progress
Sunburst granny square purse and Little Crochet Jacket (from moda dea) for DD -- in progress

#5 Riohnna

Riohnna

• Villager
  • 5,383 posts

• Joined 30-November 06

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:23 AM

That is so cute!

#6 christinascrochethaven

christinascrochethaven

• Villager
  • 8,991 posts

• Joined 10-January 06

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:34 AM

Oh so cute and darling! Another excellent creation!:manyheart

Christina

SAHM of Zach (17), Josh (15 1/2) and Shaelynn (9 1/2). Married for 18 years... Gavin= two hearts forever.

www.christinassunshinehaven.com

#7 Jadzia

Jadzia

• Villager
  • 444 posts

• Joined 12-February 07

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:31 PM

WOW! You are great at this! AWESOME JOB! :cheer :cheer

#8 scrappinmagic

scrappinmagic

• Villager
  • 386 posts

• Joined 04-October 10

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

3 days ago the salvation army store had 3 Dora dolls....today they were gone! I'll keep looking until I find one that I can add in the grandkids toybox and make up some of these adorable outfits for my granddaughters to play with.
Karen aka ScrappinMagic
*Love is a Fragile Magic*
Scrappin Magic Crochet