24 replies to this topic

#1 darski

darski
  • Villager
  • 12,063 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:23 PM

Detroit Red Bunnies – 18 inch doll :pinterest

One word ... I am keeping the head of the doll in plastic because testing patterns is very hard on the hair. if it is upsetting to little ones, let me know and I will remove it for pictures in the future.

det1.jpg

I used a 6.5mm hook to make the pants and the red yarn that I had is thinner than my White RH.

It is also thicker than the white baby yarn used for the hose. (who knew? :wlol )

There are “Hockey Apparel” sites on the Net which will show you the colours you need for your favourite bunnies.

Hockey Pants

det4.jpg

Legs, Make 2 and do not break off after 2nd leg.

With 2 strands of Red yarn
Chain 20 and join. Work hdc around for 3 rows. Align the two legs and join with sc thru 5 stitches. Continue to work around the legs with hdc and join. (try to work a stitch into the sc joinings if you can.

The hinder-bottoms on these dolls are a bit of a challenge but we carry on…

Torso portion – this will be very loose at the top as Hockey pants seem to be.

T-row 1: Work one row even.

T-row 2-3: Work 2 hdc in 1st st, hdc to front, work 2hdc in CF st, hdc around to beginning and join

T-row 4: hdc in 1, (hdc in 1, 2hdc in next) twice, hdc around to last 3 sts then 2hdc in next, hdc in 1, 2hdc in next, join.

T-row 5: hdc in 5, 2hdc in next, hdc in 2, 2hdc in next, hdc in 7, 2hdc in next, hdc in 12, 2hdc in next, hdc in 7, 2hdc in next, hdc to end. (yah know what, just work this as seems fit to you within the guidelines of this row :wlol)

T-row 6: work even in hdc, join.

T-row 7: hdc in 4, hdc dec in next, hdc around to last 6 sts, hdc dec, hdc in 4. join

T-row 8- 9: work even in hdc, join and break off.

Fold the pants to find CB.(centre back) …Suspenders

Attach black yarn 2 sts before CB st, sc in 5, ch1 turn.

Hdc across, ch 1 turn.

Work sc dec, sc in centre st, chain 28 join with slip stitch in 5th chain from hook to form a ring and break off leaving quite a long tail. With a tapestry hook work a blanket stitch around the ring you just made. Work in ends.

Go back to CB brace and make another suspender strap like the first.

Attach buttons to the front of the pants to align with the suspenders.

det3.jpg

Hockey top…. This is made to be open in the back. The head on this doll did not seem to lend itself to a pullover as I was concerned about what rough putting on and off would do to the hair.

det2.jpg

Remember to plan for a closure method as you work.
With Red and one strand of yarn…
Row 1: Chain 24 and work 2sc into 2nd ch from hook and next, work across making sc in next, 2 sc in next 2. ( you want 38 sc when finished.) Break off red and attach white

Row 2: dc in 7, V-st, 2dc in 3, V-st, dc in 14, V-st, 2dc in 3, V-st, dc in 7.

Row 3: Dc in dc, V-st in V-st across

Row 4: work as row 3 but work 2 dc increases in the centre of the sleeve stitches.

Separate sleeves…
Row 5: dc to and into V-st, dc into next V-st, dc to and into next V-st, dc into next V-st, dc to end

Rows 6 – 9: work even in dc. Secure white at the end of row 9 but do not break off

Attach red to work trim rows 10 -13
Work 1 row R. in sc
1 row W. in sc
2 rows red in sc– break off red
finish with one row of white DC. Break off.

Complete Sleeves…
Attach red to sleeve opening(s) work sc around.
Work 3 rows of Red DC
1 row of White DC
3 rows of Red DC… break off.

Red bunny motif …I worked from the Idea that Carolyn had for the jammies

Her pattern is :
I made a "bunny" motif for the front of the pajamas. With F hook, Ch3 and join. six sc in ring then join, ch 4 then sl st in ch., sl st to first sc, ch 4 then sl st in ch (these make the ears), sl st to next sc break off leaving a tail for sewing

I did…
Chain 3, 9 dc in 1st chain, join. *Ch 4 slip stitch back down the ch4 and sc in next dc* repeat for other ear and break off leaving the tail for sewing.

The Captain’s “C”… I just did this with embroidery but I did each part twice so it would show up.

Hockey hose…

det5.jpg
I only made one because my hands do not like that baby yarn at all but you can see how it goes and you can make two. I did not worry about anything for the top. The nature of this crochet keeps it up anyway. I used Baby yarn and a 3.25mm hook for this.

With White baby yarn, ch 5 make 4-stitch sc ribbing for 25 rows. Join with sc to form cuff. Do not break off yarn.
Row 1: Work 30 hdc into the ribbing (add the 5 extras wherever you can)

Row 2: work even in hdc around. Secure white do not break off

Row 3: Attach red and work 1 row of DC around, break off red.

Rows 4 – 19: work even in hdc. Break off.

Use vinyl to make shin pads to insert. I am debating whether to cover this and so pad it more but haven’t yet done so…

Hockey Helmet…

det7.jpg

This is worked with two strands of white (RH) and a 6.5mm hook.

It is important that your joining spot be off centre. If you follow the directions this should happen but if it does not then break off after row 10 and attach at a place that will begin framing the face. (see picture)

Row 1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 1st chain. Join, ch 1

Row 2: 2 sc in 1st st, sc in 2, 2sc in next, sc in 2, join, chain 1 (this forms an oval shape)

Row 3: work 2sc in every sc.

Row 4: work increase pattern (2sc in st, sc in next)

Rows 5-7: Work even in sc

Row 8: work FPsc around, join ch1 and turn

Row 9: work FPsc around, join, ch 1 and turn.

Row 10: sc in 5, 2cs ion next around, join. Chain 1 and turn. (doesn’t work out evenly)

Row 11-12: See note if necessary… sc dec in first 2 sts, sc around and dec in last 2 st. chain 1 and turn

Row13: sc in 2, hdc in 3, dc around to last 5 sts and reverse beginning pattern. Ch 1 and turn.

Chin Strap

Work sc dec, ch 2, (sk 1 sc, dc in next)twice, chain 16 ( adapt this as needed to match your crochet style) go to other side of helmet to join strap.
Locate the 6th stitch from the front on this side.
Work a DC dec in the 6th and 4th stitches, ch 2 work sc dec in the first two stitches of this side. Break off.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Attached Thumbnails

• det6.jpg

Edited by darski, 19 January 2013 - 06:40 PM.

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/

My Boxing Day CAL counts to date: hats - 27;  lapghans 3:  shawls - 3, pet snugly -1, slippers -3

#2 funnymom8

funnymom8
  • Villager
  • 853 posts

• Joined 11-February 07

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

Wow, thank you! I'm trying to crochet some things for my daughters doll, I really hope to try this soon:)......................Lise
~*~Lise~*~

Mom to 8
Grandma to 9

Always sewing and crocheting

#3 eyrthmother1

eyrthmother1
  • Villager
  • 1,240 posts

• Joined 02-May 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:39 PM

odd question darski,

I don't have children, but have seen "dora the explora" so recognized the doll you've used in your other patterns. However, this one I have no idea what type of doll she is. Could you please tell me??

Thanks
Sandy (sorry for my lack of knowledge, but have a youngish cousin I was thinking of making some things for and shipping them down to her in fl)
"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart
WIP:Pent Shawl, soft sage,my pristess's elevation to 3rd degree (fin 7-17-07),
Scrap yo-yo afghan (comb the scrap CAL w/ the yo-yo CAL) 360 done, bkmks for local hospital's cancer fl staff, 2sub ghan, friend fam. squ scrp ghan
bl & wh dbl strand afghan for bf's bday (fin 7-19-07)

wishlist

#4 darski

darski
  • Villager
  • 12,063 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

odd question darski,

I don't have children, but have seen "dora the explora" so recognized the doll you've used in your other patterns. However, this one I have no idea what type of doll she is. Could you please tell me??

Thanks
Sandy (sorry for my lack of knowledge, but have a youngish cousin I was thinking of making some things for and shipping them down to her in fl)

She is comparable to the American Girl dolls which seem to be quite popular with girls both young and old. if you :google AG dolls, you will get lots to read. There are several knock off versions as well.

My Boxing Day CAL counts to date: hats - 27;  lapghans 3:  shawls - 3, pet snugly -1, slippers -3

#5 eyrthmother1

eyrthmother1
  • Villager
  • 1,240 posts

• Joined 02-May 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:46 PM

thank you so much. I've seen folks on HERE mention the ag dolls, but not seen a picture of them or the actual doll before.

And thank you for sharing all the wonderful patterns for the different dolls.

Sandy
"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart
WIP:Pent Shawl, soft sage,my pristess's elevation to 3rd degree (fin 7-17-07),
Scrap yo-yo afghan (comb the scrap CAL w/ the yo-yo CAL) 360 done, bkmks for local hospital's cancer fl staff, 2sub ghan, friend fam. squ scrp ghan
bl & wh dbl strand afghan for bf's bday (fin 7-19-07)

wishlist

#6 angelfire

angelfire
  • Villager
  • 5,454 posts

• Joined 01-April 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

Darski,
My DGD LOVES you thank you from the bottom of my heart...I think I need to send you some skates for Sunnie
Circles of Hope
Charity 2012, Crochet for a Cure, Relay for Life tote bags

#7 darski

darski
  • Villager
  • 12,063 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:24 PM

Darski,
My DGD LOVES you thank you from the bottom of my heart...I think I need to send you some skates for Sunnie

I am going to our new nearby Michael's store this week ( I hope) and skates are already on my list. I can't wait to see what pretties I might be able to find there.

I will eventually make that other hose but just need to rest my fingers first.

#8 Riohnna

Riohnna
  • Villager
  • 5,383 posts

• Joined 30-November 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

Beautiful!

#9 jenny

jenny
  • Villager
  • 1,672 posts

• Joined 28-April 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

This pattern is wonderful also.I went to the orginal pattern section and counted 15 for Dora The Explorer.Am I right?I don"t want to miss any of the patterns.

#10 darski

darski
  • Villager
  • 12,063 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:17 PM

Dora’s Dudz

Weekend in Gaspé

Nightie and panties
Bib overalls
Blue skirt
Red/blue top
Lobster bib
Baby multi top
Blue Hat
Blue Shrug/jacket
Boots

I Love a Parade in March

Majorette uniform
Hat
Panty
Jacket
Boots

Lo How a Rose Ere Blooming

Dress in light and Medium rose
Over-jacket in dark rose
Crown in Gold

Homage to Chef Brocket

White pants
White jacket
Chef’s hat
Mixing bowl
Cookies and German Chocolate cake with cherries.

Life on the Beach

Blanket
Beach Bag
Orange Sun Suit
Sun Hat
Sandals
Hoodie (for the camp fire)

Autumn in Allegheny

Hat
Poncho
Pants
White sweater (long sleeves)
Dog Sweater

Going to Graceland

Pink sweater
Scottie Skirt
Socks
Saddle shoes

Sunday-Go-to-Meeting Ensemble

Blue hat
Blue dress
Purse

A Perfect 6

Skating skirt
White Cable sweater
Hat
Skate tote

We’ve Got The T.E.A.M.

Cheerleader outfit
Top and pantied skirt
White cotton tennies.

School Daze

Navy Blazer
Grey ‘pleated’ skirt
Navy and Gold book bag.

A Colourful Cowgirl in Calgary

Cowboy hat
Gaucho pants
Vest (blue)
White top
Cowboy boots
Lariat

Georgia in Motion (peachJ )

Peach Tutu
Peach Toe shoes

Nightie Bye-Bye

Pink Jammies
Bunny slippers

Snowsuit Ensemble(Colour blocking in black emerald and rose)
Can be found in Misc. Show and tell

Snow pants
Jacket
Hat
Scarf
Mittens

Dressed for February

Red dress
White Mary Janes

Baby It’s Cold In This Tub

Bathrobe/Housecoat
Bath mitt
Towel and washcloth.

This really doesn't belong in this thread but it does answer the question listed above... one of those "brain is on vacation" days... again

#11 carovan

carovan
  • Villager
  • 2,921 posts

• Joined 27-January 07

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:57 PM

:cheer Anoither wonderful outfit. I am amazed at the attention for detail that you give all your outfits. Thank you sooooo much. :clap

Carolyn

#12 darski

darski
  • Villager
  • 12,063 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

:cheer Anoither wonderful outfit. I am amazed at the attention for detail that you give all your outfits. Thank you sooooo much. :clap

did you recognize your bunny idea? :heehee too much fun

#13 jenny

jenny
  • Villager
  • 1,672 posts

• Joined 28-April 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

your right darski I should have started another thread but when I seen you had starting making clothes for another doll I got in a hurry and my fingers just started typing.Thanks for the index of patterns for Dora.I am putting them in a folder so I can keep up with them.

#14 Shell

Shell
  • Villager
  • 4,054 posts

• Joined 24-August 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:11 PM

you have an exceptional imagination Darski!

------------------------------

I don't have the staying power...

Blog - Wish

#15 Shellie

Shellie
  • Villager
  • 882 posts

• Joined 19-October 07

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:07 PM

I know this is an old post but thank you for pointing it out! You make the cutest doll clothes! I wonder what this would look like on a tiny thread baby...
WIPs
Way too many to have going at one time lol

I finally have a shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShellieB

For those who follow my memory angels, I finally organized my photobucket account. You can see all of them here.
http://s26.photobuck...gels/?start=all

#16 darski

darski
  • Villager
  • 12,063 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:09 PM

I don't do thread.... no way! no how !

:wlol

I would love to see what you do with it though

#17 KellyD

KellyD
  • Villager
  • 41 posts

• Joined 08-October 07

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

Go wings!!!!! Very nice:cheer

#18 christinascrochethaven

christinascrochethaven
  • Villager
  • 8,991 posts

• Joined 10-January 06

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:09 PM

how adorable....so cute:manyheart

Christina

SAHM of Zach (17), Josh (15 1/2) and Shaelynn (9 1/2). Married for 18 years... Gavin= two hearts forever.

www.christinassunshinehaven.com

#19 indy

indy
  • Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 08-August 08

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

WONDERFUL .... I can't wait to make one for my nephew's new daughter.

She needs a Buffalo Sabres doll :clap
indy

Ravelry nickname: tavish

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe ." ~ Carl Sagan

#20 Jan M

Jan M
  • Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 12-March 10

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

:clap
Thanks so much for the pattern...my grandaughters,who own American Girl Dolls are also Detroit Red Wings Fans!:manyheart
So am attempting to do this pattern...I thought I was a immediate crocheter but having trouble understanding certain terms...Can you help me out?
1. translate 6.5mm hook into "letter" hook. ie: Does a 6.5mm equal to a size "G"????
2. Do you know what a FPsc stitch is and how it is worked?
3. Is yarn used a 2-ply, sportsweight or a 4-ply yarn?

Appreciate any insight that you can offer...
Looking forward to "tackling" this pattern and anticipating the looks on my grand daughters' faces!!

Jan M