darski

• Villager
  • 13,333 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

Nighty bye-byes. :pinterest

Jammies and Bunny Slippers

jammy1.jpg

I used Pink and White WW (but finer than usual) but you can use any colours or just one colour.
The hook is a 5mm (H)

Bunny slippers – make 2
Start sole… with Pink,

jammy4.jpg

Row 1: Chain 7 and work sc around chain. Work 4 sc in heel (start) end and 5 sc in toe end.

Row 2: work sc in heel area and hdc around rest of sole. Work 2 sc in 3 sts at heel end and 2 hdc in 4 sts at toe end.

Start Uppers
Row 1: Chain 1 and flip sole so right side is down. Work FPhdc in every stitch around sole staying at outer edge and join.

Row 2: Work hdc along side making one decrease. Work DC decrease 6 times around toe area. Work hdc along other side and again dec. one join to first hdc. (at this point they make great shoes J )

Row 3: work hdc along side, work 3dc cluster twice to finish toe area and work hdc along other side. Break off.
jammy5.jpg

Create ears…
Look at the front and decide where you can place the two ears.

Insert hook under stitch, yarnover and work ch 4 using the tail end to add bulk. Sl stitch back down ear and break off leaving enough tail to secure ear and weave in the end. Repeat for the second ear

Glue on tiny googley eyes or make eyes as you see fit.

Jammies

Legs - make 2

With white… Work a 4 st ribbing for 15 rows and join edges with sc. Break off

Work 24 dc into top of ribbing and join. Work 4 more rows and break off on the first one but not on the second one.

You are going to join the two legs together by working 4 sc through the two legs so if possible, put your seams as the inseam of the legs and join. You are now at the centre front of the jammies work dc around the leg toward the back until three stitches before the join area. Work a tr in the next 2 sts and 2 tr in the next st. Work one tr into the join stitch and then 2 tr in next and one tr in next 2 sts. Complete round in dc and join to first st.

Chain 3 and work the first 3 dc into the front loops only then into both loops around to start. Do not join, work dc into the unworked loops of the first 3 stitches.

Add tight chain loops for buttonholes in this section if that works for you. Decide on your closure at any rate.

At this point, the jammies may be too wide for comfort. Over the next 5 rows of dc, decrease some stitches if you wish.

jammy2.jpg

If you wish to use two colours, make the change at centre back and work colour changes as needed.

At the end of 5 rows, divide for fronts and back. The jammies will divide themselves naturally so just go with that.

Work 5 rows of dc in each front and back section then work 5 stitches as shoulders. Leave long tails for sewing together.

Sew shoulder seams.

Work a row of sc around armholes. Work sleeves by working hdc at underarms and dc otherwise. As you work the Dc stitches, decrease the extra along the top portion so that sleeves will be trimmed and so that the arms tend to ‘fall’ down rather than stick out straight.

Work 4 rows combining hdc and dc( with decreases). Then work 3 rows of just DC with no decreases.

Edging trim for sleeves and neck edge…

Work a row of hdc around neck edge doing double decreases in each corner space. Break off.

Work a row of hdc around each sleeve. Work a second row making 1 hdc and 1 fpdc around and break off. Weave in ends.

Sew on buttons and add a little motif in the left chest area if you wish.
copyright: Darlene Cutler 0 2007

She really needs a Blankie at this point :wlol what designs do y'all have for that one eh?

The housecoat will come with the nightie. Another day.

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Edited by darski, 19 January 2013 - 06:55 PM.

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were built for..  :think

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/ 

#2 crochetluvknot

crochetluvknot

• Villager
  • 14,697 posts

• Joined 25-March 06

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

cute jammies

#3 CrochetMommy

CrochetMommy

• Villager
  • 48 posts

• Joined 24-January 07

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:50 PM

Awww...adorable!

~*~*Sina*~*~

#4 Pumpkinmouse

Pumpkinmouse

• Villager
  • 1,638 posts

• Joined 12-December 06

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:55 PM

Darski now that is just too cute I Love it :manyheart

#5 Riohnna

Riohnna

• Villager
  • 5,383 posts

• Joined 30-November 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:11 AM

It is so adorable!

#6 carovan

carovan

• Villager
  • 2,921 posts

• Joined 27-January 07

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:05 AM

You are amazingly talented. I can't believe how quickly you can put together these adorable outfits. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

#7 yarncat

yarncat

• Villager
  • 19,516 posts

• Joined 02-July 05

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:08 AM

As sweet as can be,Darski!Thanks for the pattern.:hook

#8 beth eathorne

beth eathorne

• Villager
  • 2,168 posts

• Joined 14-August 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:57 AM

i love these..cant wait to what outfit dora gets next...Maybe a lions costume for halloween

#9 lhasaapsolady

lhasaapsolady

• Villager
  • 13,191 posts

• Joined 21-May 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:34 AM

Darski, these outfits are so adorable, nice job.

Wanda Kay

Give us hook, yarn, thread, and a pattern a day We'll merrily sit and crochet and crochet

http://lhasaapsolady.wordpress.com/

2016 Stashbusting  WTD+4/ YTD+263

2015 Stashbusting WTD+10 YTD+58
2014 Stashbusting  WTD +20/YTD+138,  2013 Stashbusting WTD+8/YTD+156, 2012 Stashbusting WTD+8/YTD+148, 2011 Stashbusting WTD/+12 YTD/+219, 2010 Stashbusting CAL:YTD/+318

#10 grammacrocheting

grammacrocheting

• Villager
  • 290 posts

• Joined 20-December 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:37 AM

Oh so cute. You are so fast making the clothes and patterns.
Can't wait to get my doll and get started. Want to make sure they fit.
I will post pictures, but have to get husband to do it, as I don't know how.
Keep up the good work.

#11 tiggerhale

tiggerhale

• Villager
  • 1,279 posts

• Joined 14-June 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:48 AM

Your clothes are sooo adorable and thanks so much for the patterns!! I am wondering what size that Dora doll is....we don't have one but we might have another one that these clothes would fit..I hope!
M-A (tiggerhale)
Mom of Three from NC
TTFN - Ta Ta For Now!

Pictures of my crochet work

My wish list I've ROAK'd and been ROAK'd!

"Remember, you go no where by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you. Wherever you are, God has put you there. He has a purpose in your being there. Christ, who dwells in you, has something He wants to do through you wherever you are. Believe this and Go in His Grace, Love, Power and His Peace."
- Benediction used by Rev. Peter R. Hale (my father)

#12 christinascrochethaven

christinascrochethaven

• Villager
  • 8,991 posts

• Joined 10-January 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:47 AM

so adorable....thank you for posting....everyone will love it:manyheart

Christina

SAHM of Zach (17), Josh (15 1/2) and Shaelynn (9 1/2). Married for 18 years... Gavin= two hearts forever.

www.christinassunshinehaven.com

#13 threadaddict

threadaddict

• Villager
  • 68 posts

• Joined 16-October 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:32 AM

Oh wow,,, you are just so excellent!!! I just love all of the outfits. I am going out today to buy a Dora doll so I can start with these!!! When I was looking at your patterns, what popped into my head was how about a raincoat, boots, and rain bonnet,,,,, and maybe a rubber ducky??? :)
~ Cindy from Ohio

#14 crochetbycharlene

crochetbycharlene

• Villager
  • 3,015 posts

• Joined 12-July 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:48 PM

too cute!

#15 Navymomx2

Navymomx2

• Villager
  • 1,006 posts

• Joined 21-June 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:04 PM

Your clothes are sooo adorable and thanks so much for the patterns!! I am wondering what size that Dora doll is....we don't have one but we might have another one that these clothes would fit..I hope!

I already asked Darski what size of doll and she replied it's a 15", I found one at Wal Mart for abt $20.

I had to ask because my daughter said that our granddaughter can have a Dora Doll and I want to make all these clothes.

Thanks Darski for the cutest doll clothes. I just love these PJ's.

Heck in time I might even have to get me a doll just so I can change her clothes with the seasons and holiday's and such, LOL.

I can't wait to see what other outfits Dora get's, let's see, there's St. Patty's Day, needs something Patriotic, oooohhhh then there's Halloween. what kind of costume will she get, LOL, the list can go on and on.

She needs a Birthday Girl outfit also. Oooh I better stop and get some work done around here, LOL

Thanks Again Darski,

Keep up the great job!!!

Pam

#16 luv2stitch

luv2stitch

• Villager
  • 230 posts

• Joined 03-August 05

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:42 PM

I enjoy making doll clothes for all kinds of dolls. Thanks for sharing your patterns.
Blog -- Sharing The Moment
My project notebook on Ravelry
Flickr pics -- Sharing The Moment

#17 crs5

crs5

• Villager
  • 2,694 posts

• Joined 20-October 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:53 PM

Thank you soooooo much for sharing the patterns with all of us. All the Dora outfits you've made are soooo cute!!!!:yes

Carol:hook

#18 darski

darski

• Villager
  • 13,333 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:47 PM

I am going to try most of the suggestions but a couple are a challenge.

I don't think most kids would buy the idea that yarn is a raincoat. I think that one would be better made by sewing with vinyl or with fabric covered with vinyl. What do y'all think? Would the kids accept a yarn rain coat and boots - i have the yellow (bright) that would do it?

Sorry, I don't do Halloween so there won't be any costumes - I'm sure others could develop something or other for that.

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were built for..  :think

When in doubt... make a hat.      And feel free to *pin* me.
http://groups.yahoo....p/dudsfordoras/ 

#19 jap

jap

• Villager
  • 844 posts

• Joined 27-December 06

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:46 AM

very, very cute! I love the slippers!

#20 threadaddict

threadaddict

• Villager
  • 68 posts

• Joined 16-October 06

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:06 PM

Hi Darski. Well, I never thought about the fact that the yarn would not look like vinyl,, I see your point. Hmmmmm.
~ Cindy from Ohio