Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Crochet toe socks?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FancyFingers

FancyFingers
  • Villager
  • 129 posts

• Joined 10-December 06

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:48 PM

So, my DD has been asking for toe socks since she first saw them last fall (yanno, the brightly-colored ones with the individual piggies?), and I haven't been able to find any child-sized ones. I've scoured the web and come up with a free knit pattern from Bernat for adult toe socks, and a knit book called "Happy Feet" that no one seems to have for sale.

I spent all day yesterday attempting to knit a child-size sock with sock yarn on dpns (never used either the yarn or the needles before, and I'm not that great at knitting), and I managed to get past the heel shaping this morning. When I finally get down to the toe, I'm going to try adjusting the adult pattern so I can at least get the technique down, but this thing is already an "unwearable" - crochet sure would be a lot easier! I'm willing to buy the pattern if I could only find one! The way it's going right now, I don't see a completed pair of socks in the near future. :lol

#2 Empress Busy Bee

Empress Busy Bee
  • Villager
  • 9,011 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:37 PM

You didn't say how old your daughter is. Here is a pair that fits 2-4. You will have to leave off the 'pads' and 'nails' and probable adjust the toes a little but they should work. Or just go as is.

http://web.archive.o...rthac/toes.html

#3 FancyFingers

FancyFingers
  • Villager
  • 129 posts

• Joined 10-December 06

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the link, Empress. Those are hilarious! I bet my 4yo son would like them, but I don't think those toesies are "real" - or there would be five of them. :lol The pattern might help though - who knows? I definitely want to make in-the-shoe socks, though, so can't use ww.

BTW, dd turns 7 soon, and wears a size 10 or 11 in lil' girls shoes. If I don't get some toe socks by Christmas, at least I have a second chance with her birthday. :)
WIP:
baby sweater (still)
wool soaker (still)

WIM:
fingerless gloves
felted purse
scrapghan

#4 Riohnna

Riohnna
  • Villager
  • 5,383 posts

• Joined 30-November 06