easy graph/chart

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_wolfs1love_*

Guest_wolfs1love_*

• Joined --

Posted 14 July 2004 - 08:53 AM

hi everyone...i am looking for any free patterns off the web of eazy charts or graphs to crochet from....any help would be great! thanks in advance!!

#2 MommaChelle

MommaChelle
  • Villager
  • 1,974 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:28 PM

Hi Melinda, what type of graph are you most interested in finding? I have some graphs that I made last year in my epson album, some which are very simple two color graphs, others which are more advanced. These graphs were mainly created for doing the tunisian stitch with moez hooks, but really can be done in single crochet as well.

This goes for anyone else interested too :) At the bottom of my album list you'll see a section that says password protected album, type in mygraphs for the password and it will then show my 'Chelles Graphs' album. My graphs are in there.

#3 RebeccaVelasquez

RebeccaVelasquez
  • Villager
  • 5,524 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:31 PM

what's a moez hook???

#4 MommaChelle

MommaChelle
  • Villager
  • 1,974 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:47 PM

A moez hook is a wider version of an afghan hook, so it makes afghans bigger with less stitches. This website can explain it well. An 80 stitch by 80 row afghan done in single crochet (for graphs) or regular afghan hooks would be very small, but done with moez hooks make a nice toddler size afghan. The photos in my Moez Crochet album in my epson album shows the ghans I did with my moez crochet hooks.

#5 Donna

Donna
  • Administrator
  • 6,268 posts

• Joined 07-March 05

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:55 PM

Oooh, Chelle! I love your graphs! And you have a crab graph! Yay! :clap Thanks for sharing them with us! :hug

#6 MommaChelle

MommaChelle
  • Villager
  • 1,974 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 14 July 2004 - 04:15 PM

Thanks Donna! I made those graphs for a moez yahoo group I used to be active in. I hope some of you can put those graphs to good use for afghans or other graphed items! Those graphs take a long time to make - very time consuming! I hope you all enjoy :thumbsup

#7 RebeccaVelasquez

RebeccaVelasquez
  • Villager
  • 5,524 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 14 July 2004 - 04:48 PM

thanks for the email back, chelle - one more question--- i have a really old wooden P afghan gook - really long, would that work? (one of the ones i inherited from my grandmother)
thanks again!!

gook??? what's a gook? :lol

#8 MommaChelle

MommaChelle
  • Villager
  • 1,974 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 14 July 2004 - 04:54 PM

Yes! :clap I think the P hook is equivelent to the black moez hook in circ./width.

#9 Guest_krafty40_*

Guest_krafty40_*

• Joined --

Posted 25 July 2004 - 03:16 PM

Hi; This is an excellent site with lots of free graphs, including a howling wolf! www.crochetpatterncentral.com Check it out I'm sure you'll find something there. I have been looking for years for a graph of the 23rd psalm and there it was, all this time. Enjoy Shirley:angel

#10 RebeccaVelasquez

RebeccaVelasquez
  • Villager
  • 5,524 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:05 AM

melinda - i ran across this today:

free charts

#11 pfirsch

pfirsch
  • Villager
  • 417 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:38 PM

If you can find some cross-stitch designs that you like, you can use them as charts for crochet.

<a href="http://www.freepatternsonline.com/xspatterns2.htm" target="_new">Free Patterns Online</a>
<a href="http://www.copycatdesigns.com/photo.html" target="_new">Copycat Designs</a>, this one has a wolf design
<a href="http://www.dawnsxstitch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pcstitchpatterns.htm" target="_new">Dawn's Cross Stitch</a>
<a href="http://crossstitch.about.com/cs/freepatterns/index.htm" target="_new">Free Cross Stitch Patterns</a> at About.com

#12 Guest_MadiStitches_*

Guest_MadiStitches_*

• Joined --

Posted 12 August 2004 - 10:39 AM

Hi everyone..I'm new here :wave
Thanks for posting the charts Chelle..really like the zodiac ones :)

A friend sent me a link also with easy charts, it's a dutch site and has english translated on it, I am doing the Dora one for my baby daughter.

The site is: members.lycos.nl/brigitte37/
Lots and lots of charts...you have to check it out :bounce

Marg
ca.groups.yahoo.com/group...iancrochet

#13 RebeccaVelasquez

RebeccaVelasquez
  • Villager
  • 5,524 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:09 AM

those are great! thanks marg!!!

love love the curious george!!

i have a question about charts:
is each square representative of just 1 stitch (sc... dc???)

#14 Nay65

Nay65
  • Villager
  • 550 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:31 AM

Yes, one square on the chart equals one stitch. Ususally, sc or tunisian, but you could try dc if you'd prefer. I think it'd be fine.

#15 RebeccaVelasquez

RebeccaVelasquez
  • Villager
  • 5,524 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:50 AM

hmmmm.... well then i have another question

just as an example - the curious george chart is only 40 squares wide... that'd be a pretty small item

what to do in cases like that?

#16 Nay65

Nay65
  • Villager
  • 550 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:49 PM

With regular size hooks, either make a bunch of 40 stitch wide to attach together, make strips (with George repeating all the way up until you reach the length you'd like) and then sew the strips together, or decide how wide you want the blanket (based on the 40 st) chain what you need for the width and just continue across until it's the length you want.

Even with the large MoEz hooks, something only 40 stitches wide would take a bit of time.

#17 RebeccaVelasquez

RebeccaVelasquez
  • Villager
  • 5,524 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:54 PM

:huh oh my, i'm totally lost -

i guess the better question would be:

if i were wanting to make one of the george graphs as a baby blanket.... only 40 stitches wide, wouldn't be long enough, would it?

#18 crochetgrl

crochetgrl
  • Villager
  • 160 posts

• Joined 11-February 06

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:10 PM

No, I don't think 40 st wide would be big enough, but you can split the each single square into four squares of it's own, so it would be 80 st. If you do that, remember to make each sqaure 2 stithes WIDE and 2 stitches TALL so it comes out even! :2

:thinking1 Maybe you could just use dc and make each square 2 st wide and one st tall, but I am not sure, you would have to see how it would look:thinking1

#19 RebeccaVelasquez

RebeccaVelasquez
  • Villager
  • 5,524 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:34 PM

ahh.... splitting into four makes sense (and i would never have thought of it)

thanks for your help!!:frog

#20 Nay65

Nay65
  • Villager
  • 550 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:50 PM

I would never have thought of splitting the stitches, either. I'll have to try it.
I usually make strips and join them together. This chart is only 40 stitches wide and I'll make however many strips I need for an afghan.