• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 marnie413

marnie413
  • Villager
  • 397 posts

• Joined 19-July 05

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:12 PM

Well this is my first design and the first time i have written out a pattern so if you have any corrections or better wording i would appreciate it .
[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/marnie413/th_bingodauberbag001.jpg[/IMG]

Bingo Dauber Bag
Pattern designed by Marlene Hanel

Worsted Weight Yarn I used approx 6 oz of dark plum and 4 oz of lavender
Size H hook
1 Plastic lid for a 3lb margarine tub with the rim cut off. You could use plastic needle point canvas cut to size of bottom round .
Bottom of bag (dark plum)
Chain 4 sl st to form a ring
Row1 Chain 1, 8 hdc in ring sl st in 1st hdc ( 8 sts )
Row2 Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, 2 hdc in each st around, sl st in 1st hdc ( 16 sts )
Row3 Ch 1, 1 hdc in same st, * 2 hdc in next st , 1 hdc in next st.* repeat around , sl st
in 1st hdc. ( 24 sts )
Row4 Ch 1, 1 hdc in same st and next st, * 2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next 2 sts.* repeat around, sl st in 1st hdc. ( 32 sts )
Row5 Ch 1, 1 hdc in same st and next 2 sts, * 2 hdc in next st , 1 hdc in next 3 sts* repeat around, sl st in 1st hdc ( 40 sts )
Row6 Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, * 1 hdc in next 4 sts, 2 hdc in next st * repeat around, sl st in 1st hdc. ( 48 sts )
Row7 Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, * 1 hdc in next 3 sts, 2 hdc in next st. * repeat around, sl st in 1st hdc. ( 60 sts )
Row8 Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, * 1 hdc in next 4 sts, 2 hdc in next st. * repeat around, sl st in 1st hdc. (72 sts )
Repeat rounds 1-8 for 2nd one.
Put the two together and whip stitch around with plastic lid between. I whip stitched in the back loop of one and the front loop of the other so I had a ridge on each side to crochet into for the body of the bag. .
Body of bag (lavender)
Row1 attach yarn to any ridge of the top ridge of the bottom of bag 1 hdc in each stitch around. I changed to second color for this part.
Row2-23 Ch 1,hdc in same st, hdc in each st around, sl st in 1st hdc
Row24 Do eyelet row, Ch 1, hdc in same st, * Ch 1 skip next hdc, hdc in next st. * repeat around . Sl st in 1st hdc.
Row25 -26 Ch 2, Dc in same st. dc in each st around. Sl st in 1st dc.
Row27 Ch1 sc in same st, * skip next 2 sts. 5 treble crochet in next st, skip 2 sts, sc in next st* repeat around sl st in 1st sc finish off weave in ends.
Make 2 strands of chains with dark plum Approx. 80 chains long depending on how long you wants handles. Weave threw eyelet row and tie ends together of each strand so it can be pulled from each side. Add pom-poms to ends
Dauber Pockets (dark plum )
Row1 Attach yarn to bottom ridge of bottom of bag. Ch 1 hdc in same sp and each ridge around, sl st in 1st hdc ( 72 sts )
Row2 Ch 21, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each ch across, sl st in bottom round in next hdc st. (20 sts )
Row3 Ch 1 sc in back loops only across turn
Row4 Ch1 sc in same st and each st across back loops only sl st in bottom round in next hdc st. (20 sts )
Row5-144 repeat rows 3 and 4 sl st 1st row and last row together. finish off weave in ends
Finishing bag
I put markers around the bag every 8th st on the inner bag and every 8th valley of the ribbing outer bag. Then whipped stitched the outer bag to the inner bag stitching in the valley of the ribbing . Making 8 pockets. I started stitching 9 rows down from the eyelet row. Finish off weave in all ends. Please enjoy!
This is my original pattern, please use for personal use only. Do not post to any other website please link back to here ! You may make the item and sell it. But do not sell the pattern for any reason.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take , but by the moments that take our breath away!"
Marnie

#2 Miss USA

Miss USA
  • Villager
  • 431 posts

• Joined 13-March 06

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:18 PM

Oh this is so awesome! I always see the tacky fabric ones, this one is too cool!
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."

#3 Homebody

Homebody
  • Villager
  • 482 posts

• Joined 14-November 05

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:51 AM

Very nice! Thanks for the pattern. The bag is perfect for baby items, make-up, etc. It will make a very nice gift.

#4 cupcake

cupcake
  • Villager
  • 3,173 posts

• Joined 21-January 06

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:50 AM

Very nice, but what is a bingo dauber bag??
Visit me down under:
at my blog: http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/
at my etsy store: http://www.crochetroo.etsy.com
on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.c...ners/crochetroo
.... or at the beach with a hook..... [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(real good at silly stuff - tea cosies, critters and kitsch)

#5 jenny

jenny
  • Villager
  • 1,672 posts

• Joined 28-April 06

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:50 AM

Thank you for the pattern.My daughter will love it.She goes twice a week to play bingo and with all her supplies she will need two.

#6 lhasaapsolady

lhasaapsolady
  • Villager
  • 13,151 posts

• Joined 21-May 06

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:25 AM

nice job.

Wanda Kay

Give us hook, yarn, thread, and a pattern a day We'll merrily sit and crochet and crochet

http://lhasaapsolady.wordpress.com/

2014 Stashbusting WTD+18/YTD+66
2013 Stashbusting WTD+8/YTD+156, 2012 Stashbusting WTD+8/YTD+148, 2011 Stashbusting WTD/+12 YTD/+219, 2010 Stashbusting CAL:YTD/+318

#7 swapnae

swapnae
  • Villager
  • 784 posts

• Joined 25-April 05

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:16 PM

Ditto, ditto. What are Bingo Daubers? I know about bingo, but not these things...:think

#8 yarncat

yarncat
  • Villager
  • 19,516 posts

• Joined 02-July 05

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:37 PM

This bag is unique!Thanks for the pattern.:hook

#9 marnie413

marnie413
  • Villager
  • 397 posts

• Joined 19-July 05

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

Dauber are the ink bottles used to mark the paper bingo cards they are tall skinny bottles and they fit in the outside pockets like in the pic.[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/marnie413/th_bingodauberbag002.jpg[/IMG]
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take , but by the moments that take our breath away!"
Marnie

#10 swapnae

swapnae
  • Villager
  • 784 posts

• Joined 25-April 05

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:50 PM

Dauber are the ink bottles used to mark the paper bingo cards they are tall skinny bottles and they fit in the outside pockets like in the pic.[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/marnie413/th_bingodauberbag002.jpg[/IMG]

Why would you need so many different ink bottles? Can't markers or crayons be used instead?:think

#11 beth eathorne

beth eathorne
  • Villager
  • 2,168 posts

• Joined 14-August 06

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:26 AM

the ends of the dobbers are round and the same size as the numbers on the bingo cards so you just "dobb" on the number in a quick movement instead of having to color the number. It is much faster. People who play bingo alot also play several cards at once and use a different color for each card.

#12 swapnae

swapnae
  • Villager
  • 784 posts

• Joined 25-April 05

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:58 AM

Oh. That makes a bit more sense to me now...Thanks!

#13 Sarah Jane

Sarah Jane
  • Villager
  • 885 posts

• Joined 04-February 13

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:56 PM

That's great!! My mum goes to bingo every Friday and just has a pencil case she takes hers in. This will make a great christmas present. :ty

#14 kkcrochet

kkcrochet
  • Villager
  • 12 posts

• Joined 07-April 06

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:03 AM

Oh Marnie, it's so adorable! Thank you so much for sharing the pattern. And I love Kathryn's ideas for it too. :-)

#15 marnie413

marnie413
  • Villager
  • 397 posts

• Joined 19-July 05

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:01 AM

The diaper bag idea for this is a great one. Corse my baby is 17 so i don't think i would be using it as a diaper bag lol! but i was thinking if i made the bag bigger and made the pockets higher i could put the skeins of yarn in it and use it as a crochet tote:idea
Marnie

#16 JoBug

JoBug
  • Villager
  • 4,604 posts

• Joined 28-August 06

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:28 AM

This is a GREAT pattern and would make me a great craft carry along! TY!!
Hugs and Hooks
JoAnn
PROUD owner of MaryJo's CrochetVille Bag
Thank you all for loving me! As I am, the JoBug, and I STILL cant do the Daisy square..urghhhh

#17 sweetnesscrochet50

sweetnesscrochet50
  • Villager
  • 59 posts

• Joined 26-January 06

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

A bingo dauber bag is a bag you take with you when you play bingo. A dauber is the bottle of ink that you mark off numbers with on your bingo card. does that explain it well enough? sometimes I have weird explanations. :hook

#18 misssmaggie

misssmaggie
  • Villager
  • 19,347 posts

• Joined 06-May 06

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:56 AM

Nice bag...cool colors !!! Thanks for sharing!

#19 Classy1

Classy1
  • Villager
  • 14 posts

• Joined 18-July 07

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

I was wondering how many daubers this bag can hold?

#20 marnie413

marnie413
  • Villager
  • 397 posts

• Joined 19-July 05

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

I was wondering how many daubers this bag can hold?

Hi Classy1 I made 8 pockets in this one but each pocket can hold 2 daubers.
Thanks for looking everyone and all the kind words.
Marnie