Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Joining Hexagons?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 musicmarth

musicmarth
  • Villager
  • 52 posts

• Joined 12-October 06

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:17 AM

I'm using this pattern at Lion Brand. Now, when I get them all done, any ideas on how to join the hexagons together? I know how to join squares, but all these extra sides are throwing my brain into a tail spin!

Any suggestions?

#2 YarnBox

YarnBox
  • Villager
  • 601 posts

• Joined 17-January 06

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:07 PM

I'm using this pattern at Lion Brand. Now, when I get them all done, any ideas on how to join the hexagons together? I know how to join squares, but all these extra sides are throwing my brain into a tail spin!

Any suggestions?

What I do is lay them down on the floor arange them how you want them or how the pattern says then use stitch markers to hold them together---they will line up how the are suposed to then sew them together. Hope this helps:yes

#3 Chrome Kitty

Chrome Kitty
  • Villager
  • 1,352 posts

• Joined 15-October 05

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

I join the "top" flat side to a "bottom" flat side to make strips, then zig-zag up the "sides" to join the strips together. Does that make sense?

#4 smg55039

smg55039
  • Villager
  • 182 posts

• Joined 19-July 06

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:16 PM

I aggree with Chrome Kitty. I made a bunch of hexagons back when I was learning to crochet. When it came time to join them, I secured top and bottom, then ziz-zag up the sides.

It also helps to lay them out and pin the necessary sides together before you start.

"I knew I was sick, I just didn't think crochet was the illness." - Comment after making 128 granny squares in 2 weeks while ill.

Shameless self-promotion - See My Blog. Leave a comment, I'll post more often!

#5 musicmarth

musicmarth
  • Villager
  • 52 posts

• Joined 12-October 06

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:59 AM

Chrome Kitty, that makes sense. I think since I'm doing all different colors of hexagons, I'll join with white. Of course, I need to make a whole lot more than 3 hexagons!

Thanks for the help!