I'm a 57 year old woman who has been married to my husband for 20 years. We do not have any children. This is my wish list:
1. Any "Crochet World" magazines from before April 1990 you no longer want or need. I have quite a collection of the ones issued after April 1990 but do need some. Please check with me first for the ones issued after April 1990 to see just what ones I need.
2. The following pattern sets from Annie's Attic: Big Foot Boutique I and II, Crochet Deli, Chicken Crow-chet, and Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam. There were two different sets issued for Sunbonnet Sue/Overall Sam, I would like either or will take both.
3. Any postcards - new or used - from where you live. My husband collects postcards.
4. Letters - regular mail (hate the term "snail" mail) or e-mail telling me about yourself and where you live at. Did you grow up there? If, not where did you grow up? Do you do any other crafts? Do you like to read? If so, what type of books. I would especailly love to hear from someone who lives in Crescent City, CA. When I was a little girl a favorite great aunt moved to Crescent City and although we heard from her I never saw her again. That's why I'm interested in learning about Crescent City. I have found some things on the internet but that's not like actually writing someone who lives there.
5. Support/make a contribution to your local library. The cost of books are so high now days, its nice to go to your local library and check out the latest edition from your favorite author or the latest crochet book. Pass that luxury on.
6. Make a contribution to the American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Association, or to your local hospice care organization. My family has been touched by both of these diseases and also hospice care. I know money is tight for everyone these days, so rather than give money if you can support these organizations in some manner that would be great.
7. Make a contribution of new or gently used childrens books to a day care, homeless shelter, or a shelter for battered/abused women, or any group that wants to promote reading to children.
Edited by tnkycrochetnut, 27 January 2010 - 09:16 PM.
updated 1/27/10 to remove three items.