• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 auntbubbels

auntbubbels

• Villager
  • 9,553 posts

• Joined 22-October 05

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:25 PM

Please post your new Wish Lists in this thread now. Remember to limit your list to 10 items. When you finish posting, please PM or email all your information (as required in the RAOK Guidelines post) to Terri/LadySorce.

Please read the Copyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps and RAOKs - http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2345432&postcount=1

Once we have received 25 replies to this thread, it will be closed. We will then open a thread for Group 11.

Edited by auntbubbels, 28 December 2011 - 06:44 PM.

#2 ManfaMae

ManfaMae

• Villager
  • 237 posts

• Joined 14-October 05

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:03 AM

I've never done one of these, but it looks like fun:)

Here goes...

1) Yarn- any WW or cotton (I use a lot of RHSS and Sugar N' Cream)- any colors, solid or varigated

2) Any easy patterns-- magazines,books,flyers- old or new

3) GCs for Michaels,Hobby Lobby or AC Moore

4) Anything Handmade by you

5) cards, postcards or letters just to say hello and put a smile on my face

6) A ball winder

Edited by ManfaMae, 20 June 2008 - 10:15 AM.

#3 JennyBunny

JennyBunny

• Villager
  • 2,079 posts

• Joined 29-October 07

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

My first wish list ... I'll help where/when I can with ROAK.

1. sock yarn - especially self patterning/striping. Love reds and blues, but will take what ever comes my way.

2. baby/fingering weight yarn - Any colors are good. I'm making baby blankets to sell and give to charity, esp NICU.

3. Patterns for baby afghans. I haven't learned Tunisian crochet so those won't be of use unless it has DETAILED instructions.

4. Subscription to any crochet magazine, or just a few stray magazines.

5. amigurumi patterns - any kind of animal, but woodland creatures are great

6. Blues Clues episodes on DVD for autistic son

7. Legos or Tinkertoy sets for sons

8. A Jimbo hook (a girl can dream, can't she?)

9. Shipping boxes?

10. Animal books or Science books appropriate for 9 yo.

I'm a 40yo SAHM, trying to make ends meet on very little. I have two kids: a 12yo son on the Autism spectrum, and a 8yo Asperger's son that are the joy in my life, and a Very Significant Other.

Edited by JennyBunny, 27 November 2010 - 10:52 AM.
Long time since I updated!

WIP: Badger, recycle totes, Mrs. Gingerbread, baby blanket in white and green

Wishlist: Group 10, #3

Esty shop: www.etsy.com/shop/bakebunny

#4 HollyzHobbyz

HollyzHobbyz

• Villager
  • 1,061 posts

• Joined 14-April 06

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

:rose Make a donation or donate your time to the USO.

:rose At Christmas time, please make a donation to the USMC Reserve's "Toys for Tots" program.

Edited by HollyzHobbyz, 06 August 2012 - 08:50 PM.

:rose Holly

Boxing Day CAL 2016 - 

2016 Stashbuster CAL  WTD:  +2  YTD:  +32

#5 The Crochet Fanatic

The Crochet Fanatic

• Villager
  • 887 posts

• Joined 14-July 06

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

:hook Greetings Everyone!
I am 43 years old. I am married and have 2 sons. My oldest son is 10 years old and my youngest is 2 years old. (Yep--had them late in life!)
Love the shore and the mountains! We try to get to the Jersey Shore and The Poconos as much as possible! Love any decor in those 2 themes!

As far as my wish list, it's not much. I am not a hard person to please!

1. Yarn of any type and color. I currently enjoy crocheting squares and amigurumi for a local charity. It can be yarn that you no longer have use for. It can be scrap balls. I mostly use worsted weight but will use any and all!

2. Any hooks that are no longer wanted. One can never have too many hooks! Any type and size will do! Would like a few wooden ones as I don't have any but as I said any type and size will do!

3. Anything handmade! Surprise me! Doesn't have to be crocheted! Just made with love!

4. Any odds and ends craft items. My 10 year old son loves to do crafts!

5. Anything that represents your state or area of the world! I have a "gypsy soul" but not the money to travel, so I travel through books, pictures, and postcards! My 10 year old son loves to learn about different places too!

That's about all that I can think of right now. I will update my list if I think of more wishes.

:hugTHANK YOU so much for reading my wish list!

Edited by The Crochet Fanatic, 04 May 2011 - 01:57 PM.
Updated

~Terri~
http://s165.photobuc...Family/Crochet/

Wishlist: http://www.crochetvi...ead.php?t=36829 down to post #5

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook..../terri.bukiheil

I've been "Spoiled by Kidget"!!

Current projects: I am making various items to donate to various charities.

#6 thepunkrockinchick

thepunkrockinchick

• Villager
  • 1,383 posts

• Joined 20-July 08

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

I've updated my wishlist :) Thank you so much for looking and potentially becoming my fgm! :hug

:sstaranything to do with polymer clay, including clay or tools

:sstarI would love it if you donated soft, pretty scarves to Grannyannie's Compassionate Creations (child styles and sizes as well): Scarves for Victims of Abuse (click)

:sstarHotwheels or Matchbox cars for my 3 year old son Received a lot of great cars, he just can't get enough of them, thank you FGM's!

:sstarFlowers crocheted from thread (about 1.5" to 2") for an arrangement I am making out of long branches.

:sstarA handmade surprise by you!

:sstar12" Squares in blues, greens, and yellows for friendshipghan I have received several! I need to lay them out and see exactly where I stand, definitely still need them though. Thank you FGM's!

:sstarspare crochet hooks

:sstarbuttons-novelty or plain received from for the Holiday RAOKS, thank you! Something else I can't get enough of-great to have a good stash

:sstardrop me a line to tell me about a good book you've read or anything going on with you. :)

Edited by thepunkrockinchick, 30 December 2011 - 09:07 AM.

My blog
Ravelry
2011 Charity Projects: lapghans for nursing home (one done, 2nd started), Scarves for Survivors of Abuse, Preemie Fleece Blankets with crocheted edge
Wishlist Group 10, Post 8
Collecting 12" Squares in blues, greens, and yellows for friendshipghan (9 received so far! Thank you so much!)

#7 shannie_nae

shannie_nae

• Villager
  • 572 posts

• Joined 12-August 08

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:14 AM

I am 35 and married, with a 7 year old son, 2 year old daughter, a toy poodle, and a standard poodle. I love crocheting, sewing, football, being outside, and spending time with family.

1. player piano rolls, if you see some at a garage sale please send them my way.
2. crochet/knit socks or slippers, we have hardwood floors that are cold in the winter time.
3. subscription to interweave crochet magazine
4. A jimbo hook, I know I can dream (was gifted a chop hook)
5. Any crochet related magazines old or new
6. Interweave crochet magazine winter 2008
7. Anything on my holiday wish list found here

Edited by shannie_nae, 03 November 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#8 christinaparrish

christinaparrish

• Villager
  • 310 posts

• Joined 01-September 08

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:47 PM

Hi Friends, I am updating my wish list. I have 2 wonderful grandsons, Kadin(3) and Edward (1). I have been makin hats of various sizes for several charities.

1. A skein of yarn, any color or type to make hats with.

2. Crock pot reciepes

3 .Donald Duck items(I collect them)

Edited by christinaparrish, 07 November 2010 - 12:17 PM.
I am updatin my list.

Christina Parrish
RA.O.K Wish list #10, post 11

#9 champygirl

champygirl

• Villager
  • 6,412 posts

• Joined 15-March 07

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:08 PM

Hi, I've never posted a Wish list before, so I'm pretty nervous.:blush I'm in my 20's and have no kids. I love being an aunt though.:hug I love to crochet.:manyheart:hook
Here it is:
Wishlist

1. Yarn (any kind):yay:yarn
A fgm sent me some SS in Mulberry mist and ILTY in Forest 10/24/08.
2. Size 10 thread in variegated colors. (They make pretty bookmarks):D
I recieve some in beautiful colors 10/24/08.
3. Size 10 thread in brown:cheer
I recieved a skein if thread in a Light Warm Toasty Brown 10/24/08.
4. Worsted Weight Cotton yarn in brown.:clap
I recieved a skein of Sugar n Cream yarn 10/24/08.
5. Anything Garfield. (even comics cut out of the newspapers):manyheart
I recieved a Garfield Crossword Book 10/24/08.
I receive two Garfield books 12/01/08
6. Knitted wash cloths (I don't know how to knit and love how the one I have is easy to wring out)
7. Anything Stephen King.:manyheart
I recieve a book "Stephen King's The bachman Books" 12/01/08.
8. Crochet Bookmarks. (I love to read):crocheting
I recieve some lovely bookmarks 10/24/08.
9. Anything crocheted by you. I like seeing other peoples work.:hook
I recieved an adorable kitten and puppy fridgie 10/24/08.
I recieved Slippers, scarf and 2 washclothes 12/01/08.
10. Chocolate.:c9
I got some yummy chocolate 10/24/08.

Thank you fgms, I love everything you sent.:manyheart:hug

Edited by champygirl, 27 April 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#10 q8_crochet

q8_crochet

• Villager
  • 2,008 posts

• Joined 20-December 06

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

hello there :clap

1)any berroco yarn.
2) Joann sensation yarn.
3) felting wool yarn.
4)scrap afghans books
5)doily books.
6)susan bates hooks , and bamboo hooks
7)martha stewart baking books
8)bag handles
9)Blue ribbon afghans books, 50 sensetional afghans book
10)any soft and lovelley ackrylick yarn

thanks for reading my wish list :cheer

#11 KER828

KER828

• Villager
  • 564 posts

• Joined 28-October 08

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:21 PM

Okay here goes - my 1st wish list!!

1. Any color varigated "I Love this Yarn" brand yarn.

2. A Starbucks gift card

3. French Vanilla tea

4. Steel Crochet hooks size H & J

5. Crochet stich markers - Rec'd Beautiful handmade BLUE Stitch Markers! Thank you FGM!

6. Surprises but bear in mind no chocolate or peanut butter I just don't like them!

7. Prayer Shawl Ministry - Book #2

8. A how to or history of Tunisian crochet (?) I'm very curious!

Thanks for looking!

Edited by KER828, 22 December 2008 - 07:28 AM.
Added to list

Karen

WIP:
2010 Scarf & Hat Project - 2/55
Chemo Hats - St. Francis - 6 done
Promised RR's - 6 to be done
Luna Scarves - 1/6

Wishlist #10, #23

#12 Nikkidear

Nikkidear

• Villager
  • 646 posts

• Joined 11-September 06

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

I'm a married 30 something student/artist living in the CA Bay Area with 1 husband, 2 tortoises, 2 dogs, and 6 cats (yes a zoo). I've been crocheting for a few years now, and I always find it hard to think of things for myself, so here it goes...

1. Rocks. I'm currently studying geology and I would love some common rocks from all over. So if you see and interesting rock lying around your garden or park please think of me.

2. Postcards. I would love a postcard from your hometown.

3. Any old crochet magazines you no longer want.

4. Any small balls of scrap yarn you no longer want. I make tons of cat toys for the local animal shelter. Or completed toys for donating.

5. A size 7 hook, I have a hard time finding them here and I always seem to lose mine.

6. Any size susan bates metal hook with the bamboo handle

7. Fleece scraps. I use small squares (like the 4" one cut from corners of fringe blankets) to make cat toys. I also use long, narrow strips including the salvage waste you may cut off, to make braided dog toys for the shelter and rescues.

8. Anything made by you.

Thanks! :)

Received
A lovely necklace with a stone in it, terrific stitch markers, and a cute flower magnet! TY FGM!

Edited by Nikkidear, 17 January 2010 - 05:17 AM.
Updating my list

#13 tnkycrochetnut

tnkycrochetnut

• Villager
  • 2,983 posts

• Joined 06-December 08

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

I'm a 57 year old woman who has been married to my husband for 20 years. We do not have any children. This is my wish list:

1. Any "Crochet World" magazines from before April 1990 you no longer want or need. I have quite a collection of the ones issued after April 1990 but do need some. Please check with me first for the ones issued after April 1990 to see just what ones I need.

2. The following pattern sets from Annie's Attic: Big Foot Boutique I and II, Crochet Deli, Chicken Crow-chet, and Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam. There were two different sets issued for Sunbonnet Sue/Overall Sam, I would like either or will take both.

3. Any postcards - new or used - from where you live. My husband collects postcards.

4. Letters - regular mail (hate the term "snail" mail) or e-mail telling me about yourself and where you live at. Did you grow up there? If, not where did you grow up? Do you do any other crafts? Do you like to read? If so, what type of books. I would especailly love to hear from someone who lives in Crescent City, CA. When I was a little girl a favorite great aunt moved to Crescent City and although we heard from her I never saw her again. That's why I'm interested in learning about Crescent City. I have found some things on the internet but that's not like actually writing someone who lives there.

5. Support/make a contribution to your local library. The cost of books are so high now days, its nice to go to your local library and check out the latest edition from your favorite author or the latest crochet book. Pass that luxury on.

6. Make a contribution to the American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Association, or to your local hospice care organization. My family has been touched by both of these diseases and also hospice care. I know money is tight for everyone these days, so rather than give money if you can support these organizations in some manner that would be great.

7. Make a contribution of new or gently used childrens books to a day care, homeless shelter, or a shelter for battered/abused women, or any group that wants to promote reading to children.

tnkycrochetnut:turtle:crocheting

Edited by tnkycrochetnut, 27 January 2010 - 09:16 PM.
updated 1/27/10 to remove three items.

#14 annie19603

annie19603

• Villager
  • 201 posts

• Joined 12-May 08

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

hi my name is judy and i hope i'm doing this right i posted on orther list i did not no it was closed sorry i' m under alot of stress my husband who i have been with 31 years is home dieing he has alot wrong with him and he has to stay in a bed my husband died here at home i miss him very much
any color of worsed weight yarn
any color of baby yarn
crochet bag
ahghans patterns
a bag made out of yarn
size 10 thread any color

Edited by annie19603, 15 January 2010 - 03:24 PM.