• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hounddog

Hounddog

• Villager
  • 901 posts

• Joined 27-November 05

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

I cannot find anywhere how to do these stitches. Can someone help me?
TIA
Darlene

#2 donnalynn2

donnalynn2

• Villager
  • 3,615 posts

• Joined 23-August 05

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

Usually the pattern calling for it will explain it in the stitch definitions or stitches used portion. I could take a guess but sometimes what one designer calls a "cluster" another would call something else. Is there a particular pattern that's calling for this? With a little more info I'm sure I could help!
--Donna Lynn :~)

An organized craft room is the object of a sick mind!

My Etsy Shop
My Website My Blog

My RAOK Wish List - Post #4
My Holiday RAOK List
---------------------------------------------------
Groove Along - Retro Afghan

#3 Hounddog

Hounddog

• Villager
  • 901 posts

• Joined 27-November 05

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

I think it Blue Heaven doily but got it from an archive of CAL's and there was no explanations of stitches. I am pretty sure you just make it like a 2dc cluster but just add more yo's to it at the start. The trouble is the beginning of the round is 4 trc's so don't know if I use up those doing the 4 trc cluster.

#4 Aggie May

Aggie May

• Villager
  • 3,144 posts

• Joined 22-April 05

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:18 PM

:think Is it a US or English pattern?
If US, what you are doing for the STARTING 4tr cluster is, CH3 or 4, *YO, put the hook into the appropriate place, hook the yarn and pull it through, (YO and pull through 2 loops) twice,* repeat * to * twice more, YO and pull through all loops on the hook. (I ususlly make a tight CH to hold the top together.) Remember the CH 3 at the start of the row stands a 1 TR.
The other Cluster is done the same but is done by repeating * to * 3 more times.
I have written this without doing it so hope I have it right.
You are actually making what looks like an upside down shell.
Hope this helps.
Have fun.
Colleen.:hug
PS If an English pattern, just do the (YO and pull through 2 loops) once.

#5 lhasaapsolady

lhasaapsolady

• Villager
  • 13,155 posts

• Joined 21-May 06

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

4 Treble cluster, * yo twice, insert hook in stitch, yo pull through, yo, pull through 2, yo, pull through 2, repeat from * 3 more times, then yo and pull through all 5 loops on hook. You now have your 4 treble crochet cluster.

As far as a beginning treble cluster, ch 4, * yo twice, insert hook in stitch, you pull through, yo, pull through 2, you, pull through 2, repeat from * 2 more times, you pull through all 4 loops on hook.

Hope this helps.

Wanda Kay

Give us hook, yarn, thread, and a pattern a day We'll merrily sit and crochet and crochet

http://lhasaapsolady.wordpress.com/

2014 Stashbusting WTD+14/YTD+118
2013 Stashbusting WTD+8/YTD+156, 2012 Stashbusting WTD+8/YTD+148, 2011 Stashbusting WTD/+12 YTD/+219, 2010 Stashbusting CAL:YTD/+318

#6 Hounddog

Hounddog

• Villager
  • 901 posts

• Joined 27-November 05

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

Thank you Colleen and Wanda this helps a lot. I couldn't find this at about crochet.com or Annie's Attic but I knew my buds here at Crochetville would come thru for me
Darlene