Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

4treble cluster beginning stitch and 4 treble cluster stitch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hounddog

Hounddog
  • Villager
  • 901 posts

• Joined 27-November 05

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

I cannot find anywhere how to do these stitches. Can someone help me?
TIA
Darlene

#2 donnalynn2

donnalynn2
  • Villager
  • 3,615 posts

• Joined 23-August 05

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

Usually the pattern calling for it will explain it in the stitch definitions or stitches used portion. I could take a guess but sometimes what one designer calls a "cluster" another would call something else. Is there a particular pattern that's calling for this? With a little more info I'm sure I could help!
--Donna Lynn :~)

An organized craft room is the object of a sick mind!

My Etsy Shop
My Website My Blog

My RAOK Wish List - Post #4
My Holiday RAOK List
---------------------------------------------------
Groove Along - Retro Afghan

#3 Hounddog

Hounddog
  • Villager
  • 901 posts

• Joined 27-November 05

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

I think it Blue Heaven doily but got it from an archive of CAL's and there was no explanations of stitches. I am pretty sure you just make it like a 2dc cluster but just add more yo's to it at the start. The trouble is the beginning of the round is 4 trc's so don't know if I use up those doing the 4 trc cluster.

#4 Aggie May

Aggie May
  • Villager
  • 3,144 posts

• Joined 22-April 05

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:18 PM

:think Is it a US or English pattern?
If US, what you are doing for the STARTING 4tr cluster is, CH3 or 4, *YO, put the hook into the appropriate place, hook the yarn and pull it through, (YO and pull through 2 loops) twice,* repeat * to * twice more, YO and pull through all loops on the hook. (I ususlly make a tight CH to hold the top together.) Remember the CH 3 at the start of the row stands a 1 TR.
The other Cluster is done the same but is done by repeating * to * 3 more times.
I have written this without doing it so hope I have it right.
You are actually making what looks like an upside down shell.
Hope this helps.
Have fun.
Colleen.:hug
PS If an English pattern, just do the (YO and pull through 2 loops) once.

#5 lhasaapsolady

lhasaapsolady
  • Villager
  • 13,153 posts

• Joined 21-May 06

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

4 Treble cluster, * yo twice, insert hook in stitch, yo pull through, yo, pull through 2, yo, pull through 2, repeat from * 3 more times, then yo and pull through all 5 loops on hook. You now have your 4 treble crochet cluster.

As far as a beginning treble cluster, ch 4, * yo twice, insert hook in stitch, you pull through, yo, pull through 2, you, pull through 2, repeat from * 2 more times, you pull through all 4 loops on hook.

Hope this helps.

Wanda Kay

Give us hook, yarn, thread, and a pattern a day We'll merrily sit and crochet and crochet

http://lhasaapsolady.wordpress.com/

2014 Stashbusting WTD+12/YTD+98
2013 Stashbusting WTD+8/YTD+156, 2012 Stashbusting WTD+8/YTD+148, 2011 Stashbusting WTD/+12 YTD/+219, 2010 Stashbusting CAL:YTD/+318

#6 Hounddog

Hounddog
  • Villager
  • 901 posts

• Joined 27-November 05

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

Thank you Colleen and Wanda this helps a lot. I couldn't find this at about crochet.com or Annie's Attic but I knew my buds here at Crochetville would come thru for me
Darlene