Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Help needed in understanding a pattern direction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 holbritter

holbritter
  • Villager
  • 2 posts

• Joined 25-September 06

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:42 AM

Hi! I'm fairly new at crochet and have a question regarding the directions on a project I'm working on.

The direction reads as follows:

Divide for Fronts and Back - RIGHT FRONT - Row 13: Ch 3, skip first dc, dc in next 31 dc; TURN - 32 sts.

Dec 1 st a neck edge only on next 10 rows, than at same edge every other row 6 times - 16 sts. Work even until 38 rows have been completed.

Ok, my questions are: What does "Divide for Fronts and Back" mean? and what does "work even" mean?

Any help appreciated :yes

Thanks!

Wendy

#2 Jamie

Jamie
  • Villager
  • 285 posts

• Joined 02-May 06

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

Hi there. Welcome to Crochetville!
Divide for fronts and backs just means that your are going to work each front and the back of the sweater separately, by your instructions the right front is the first one worked, and work even just means to work over the remaining 16 stitches, no more decreases, until 38 rows have been completed. Does that make any sense at all?
Jamie

#3 holbritter

holbritter
  • Villager
  • 2 posts

• Joined 25-September 06

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome! :)

I think I understand. I definately get the work even :)
I have to go over the fronts and backs in my head again. I'll work the first part that I mentioned and see if the light bulb goes on!!

Thanks very much for your help :)