• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 purplepeaches

purplepeaches
  • Villager
  • 259 posts

• Joined 28-April 06

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:53 AM

I think im having a major brain fart. Ive tried and tried and its driving me bonkers. my issue is with row 3 (its uk terms so swap dc for sc and tr with dc)and Ive bolded it - what other trs? the only ones are in the bloomin fan, should this just be dc's? - thats what im leaning towards but wanted another opinion or am I completly off base?

its for a shawl (Peace-pink alpaca shawl from the "instant expert" crochet book) this patern is by carol chambers who I cant find a contact email for online nor does the book have any corrections posted that Ive seen.

Row2 ch 3,sk 2dc, * 5tr in next dc, 1dc, ch1, sk 1dc ,1dc,sk2dc rep from* 1tr in last dc turn
row 3 ch2, *1dc in centre st of fan, ch2, sk2 tr, ( 1tr,ch1,1tr) into next 1-ch sp, sk2 tr, ch2 rep from* to end, 1 dc in centre st of fan ,ch2, 1dc in top of 3-ch turn.
Sarah

#2 Aggie May

Aggie May
  • Villager
  • 3,144 posts

• Joined 22-April 05

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:48 AM

:cheer I think you may have left some bits out of the pattern as it does not make sense as it is written.
Maybe the pattern is not complete so that is why you are having a problem.
I understand the English version so I will be able to help if there is a bit more info available.
I will look in again tomorrow as it is almost mid-night here.
Bye for now.
Colleen.:hug

#3 Chrome Kitty

Chrome Kitty
  • Villager
  • 1,352 posts

• Joined 15-October 05

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:51 AM

The "sk 2 tr" are the first 2 trs of the next fan.

Row 2 you have fan, dc, ch 1, dc, fan, dc, ch 1, dc, fan, dc, ch 1, dc, etc.

Row 3 is a dc in center of fan, ch2, (tr, ch1, tr) in ch 1, ch 2, dc in center of fan, ch 2, (tr, ch1, tr) in ch 1, ch 2, etc.

#4 purplepeaches

purplepeaches
  • Villager
  • 259 posts

• Joined 28-April 06

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:45 PM

Aggie May it was messing my brain up to - late nights are not the best time to start patterns!!!
Thanks chrome kitty !!
Sarah