• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nucki

nucki

• Villager
  • 1,298 posts

• Joined 17-April 06

Posted 27 May 2006 - 10:06 AM

Yup, I used the same set of patterns as mimi_mia used for her "J" pillow... as a matter of fact, I should give her credit for inspiring me. My neighbor's youngest daughter has a birthday on Monday (yup, the same one that gave Chloe the doll set which prompted me to make her the bag posted on the Accessories show & tell forum). She's always taking my kids (well, the youngest 3) to the park and to the beach and stuff. So I wanted to give her SOMETHING, but don't have a lot of money. Add to that the fact that she's always fascinated by my crocheting, and I wanted to MAKE her something, but couldn't think of what. So I made her this.

[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/NuCkInGfUtZ_/Crochet/TiffsPillow03.jpg[/IMG]

I changed the pattern a bit - I explained it all on my blog, so if you're curious, go ahead and take a look-see. And obviously, instead of using a whip-stitch to close the pillow together, I used a sc all the way around, so I could "jazz" it up with the furry yarn. :)

So whaddya think? Ya think a 15 year old will like it? I do. I know I would have LOVED to have something like this!:D

I'm also planning on making her an amigurumi dudette, which I'm hoping to have finished by tomorrow night. I haven't started it yet, but I'm definitely going to get to that tonight. After making the first one, I'm hoping this one will go through just a little bit quicker.:hook
~~ Suzi ~~
Yarn Krazy
I'm on Ravelry, too.
Flickr ~~ Photobucket
WIP: ~~ purple scarf (for Denise) ~~ fingerless gloves (for Lexi) ~~ Treenah scarf (for Randi) ~~green batwing pullover (for me) ~~ green lacy scarf (for Mom)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -- John Lennon

#2 irikel

irikel

• Villager
  • 2,838 posts

• Joined 20-August 05

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:23 AM

Sorry....I don't think she'll like it ............SHE'S GONNA LOVE IT....VERY NICE !:hook
:-D Olga aka Irikel :-D

#3 seabreeze

seabreeze

• Villager
  • 324 posts

• Joined 05-April 06

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:45 AM

That's perfect for a teenager. I like the way you trimmed it. :cheer

#4 KnicKnac

KnicKnac

• Villager
  • 4,167 posts

• Joined 29-March 06

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:52 AM

That is really cute! She will LOVE it, and you have just given me many ideas for gifts!

~*~KnicKnac~*~

#5 luv2stitch

luv2stitch

• Villager
  • 230 posts

• Joined 03-August 05

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

Your "T" is excellent! I love how you crocheted it so nice and tight, I tried making the "R" and the fiberfill showed through. :( Do you have any tips?
Blog -- Sharing The Moment
My project notebook on Ravelry
Flickr pics -- Sharing The Moment

#6 nucki

nucki

• Villager
  • 1,298 posts

• Joined 17-April 06

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:31 PM

I tried making the "R" and the fiberfill showed through. :( Do you have any tips?

Well, I used double knitting weight yarn, which I understand is comparative to sport weight yarn (it's been so long since I saw an American skein of yarn with the label attached that I can't remember what it looks like! :lol ), so I ended up using a REALLY small hook - a 3.5 mm (I'm not sure there IS an American hook corresponding to that diameter - this is one of the hooks I've bought since I've been here). My pillow came out quite small, but since it's more for decoration than to actually LAY on, I didn't think it mattered much.

I would think that if I wanted to make a larger pillow using the same kind of yarn, I could have done it with two strands of yarn and a larger hook.

I THINK.;) :hook
~~ Suzi ~~
Yarn Krazy
I'm on Ravelry, too.
Flickr ~~ Photobucket
WIP: ~~ purple scarf (for Denise) ~~ fingerless gloves (for Lexi) ~~ Treenah scarf (for Randi) ~~green batwing pullover (for me) ~~ green lacy scarf (for Mom)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -- John Lennon

#7 funkyreporter

funkyreporter

• Villager
  • 2,885 posts

• Joined 07-February 06

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:02 PM

Adorable!!!:cheer

Paulette

putting the "fun" back in dysfunctional for 43 years

~*~visit my etsy shop ~*~

~*~custom fabric project cases~*~

#8 Homebody

Homebody

• Villager
  • 482 posts

• Joined 14-November 05

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

Any girl would love a gift like that! Thanks for sharing your version. I love getting different ideas to spice up a pattern.

#9 Appliejuice

Appliejuice

• Villager
  • 504 posts

• Joined 02-May 06

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:32 PM

That is wonderful! Any girl would love that. I think the frilly side makes it a hit.

I just looked at your blog and found the pattern. I like your letter better. Am I allowed to say that? :blush
Michelle in FL
Applie's Place
Ravelry

#10 Ramburn

Ramburn

• Villager
  • 536 posts

• Joined 04-March 06

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

I think your 15 year old neighbor will love it. It is so pretty. And I love the fun fur edging. :)

#11 purplepeaches

purplepeaches

• Villager
  • 259 posts

• Joined 28-April 06

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:29 PM

It looks great - she will love it!
Sarah