• This topic is locked This topic is locked
256 replies to this topic

#41 Katie45694

Katie45694

• Villager
  • 269 posts

• Joined 10-November 05

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:34 PM

I'm really looking forward to this swap!! I think I've decided to make myself an open work shawl (lattice looking) in white then attaching my (received) flowers to it. I haven't looked at patterns yet but I'm sure I've got several stich guides around here that can easily do the job. So far I've got a few flowers made- Need to make a few (dozen!) more! LOL!

Katie:cat
Katie45694

Photo Album:
http://pg.photos.yah...45694/my_photos
My MYSpace (with BLOG!):
http://www.myspace.com/katie45694

#42 CatsCradleCreations

CatsCradleCreations

• Emigrated from the Village
  • 1,702 posts

• Joined 13-April 05

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:33 PM

Late as usual I did sign up, my first swap but I am confused:think as usual, do we have to put the flowers on something or do can we just make the flowers all by themselves:think

This swap is just flowers. If you choose to include extras in your packages, that's up to you, but the flowers swapped are solo riders.

#43 CatsCradleCreations

CatsCradleCreations

• 1,702 posts

• Joined 13-April 05

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:27 PM

I've got the groups assigned and they're listed on the first post. Basically, you send one package of 5 flowers to each person in your group except yourself. This means you are making 15 flowers and should receive 15 flowers in return.

I'll be sending e-mails out tonight, so check your inboxes tomorrow for your group's information.

#44 Michele

Michele

• Villager
  • 642 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:08 AM

:yay I am sooooo excited I received my email with all the info I need:clap

I'm doing my flowers in thread and already have 2 finished for each of my partners Barb (barbn77),Ann (13bodies),Diane (rddugan) . The hardest part was picking out the flowers I want to do ..... it looks like you'll be ending up with a couple of extra surprises in your packages :D

~Michele~

~ My Wish List

#45 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Villager
  • 2,821 posts

• Joined 28-March 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:19 AM

I am not really sure what I got myself into here! *grin*

I'm in Zurich today, but I will start hunting around for the final patterns to make for my group tonight once I am back in Brussels! I have several ideas floating around in my head, but not so sure that they are practical and fit into my available time (started a new job yesterday that was a very unexpected change).

Happy Flower Making everyone!

#46 reecie

reecie

• Villager
  • 490 posts

• Joined 26-July 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:22 AM

Group 4
Katie (Katie45694)
Samantha (sammimag)

Kimberly (Kimberly)

does anyone have any specific flower requests? colors/patterns/sizes?? or yarns??? i know i'd love to have 70's style flowers in 70's colors....bonus room in our house has wood panel from 70's and we're theme decorating the room!

I can't wait to get started!
wishing you good things,
reecie

When I met Mr. Right, I had no idea his first name was Always... Rita Rudner

Yarnfairy Designs - patterns and more

#47 athena308

athena308

• Villager
  • 52 posts

• Joined 11-December 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:27 AM

I am asking the same from my group, what would you like? Colors, styles and such.
Look forward to swapping with you!
Kimberly (ktornatola)
Elizabeth (Elizabeth)
Su (Pink)

Making everyday count,
Christine

#48 sammimag

sammimag

• Villager
  • 1,488 posts

• Joined 06-January 06

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:43 AM

Group 4
Katie (Katie45694)
Samantha (sammimag)

Kimberly (Kimberly)

does anyone have any specific flower requests? colors/patterns/sizes?? or yarns??? i know i'd love to have 70's style flowers in 70's colors....bonus room in our house has wood panel from 70's and we're theme decorating the room!

I can't wait to get started!

I'm fine with being suprised.

What would a 70's style color/flower be to you?

I have been messing around with making flowers already mostly out of ww wieght yarn. Most of the colors I've used so far are purples, reds and yellows. I've been making up the flower designs myself. I'd start a flower then I'd see possibilities then alter it as I went along. It's been fun.

#49 Katie45694

Katie45694

• Villager
  • 269 posts

• Joined 10-November 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:44 AM

My only request is that they be "somewhat" natural looking as far as colors are concerned. Fortunately flowers come is so many different shades of almost every color! LOL!!

Katie:cat

PS: The ones I've made so far have been out of WW yarn, mostly around 2-3" diameter. They've been more pastel looking colors but my next few will be a bit bolder in color for you Reecie!
Katie45694

Photo Album:
My MYSpace (with BLOG!):

#50 barbn77

barbn77

• Villager
  • 1,090 posts

• Joined 27-January 06

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:45 AM

Happy flower making all :yay this is gonna be a fun swap :)...and group 2...i might sneak in a surprise or 2 as well:devil
~~ * Barb *~~

WIP'S/ CAL'S

My Blog
Ravelry ID - barbn77

#51 donnalynn2

donnalynn2

• Villager
  • 3,615 posts

• Joined 23-August 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:10 AM

I've got the groups assigned and they're listed on the first post. Basically, you send one package of 5 flowers to each person in your group except yourself. This means you are making 15 flowers and should receive 15 flowers in return.

I'll be sending e-mails out tonight, so check your inboxes tomorrow for your group's information.

Ok, I have a dumb question... I remember when I signed up for this we had a pretty lengthy questionairre we filled out with all kinds of specifics, but when I got my assignments none of that "info" was in the e-mail. Just the addys. Is the other info we filled out on that sign up page going to be e-mailed to us as well???
--Donna Lynn :~)

An organized craft room is the object of a sick mind!

My Etsy Shop
My Website My Blog

My RAOK Wish List - Post #4
My Holiday RAOK List
---------------------------------------------------
Groove Along - Retro Afghan

#52 Katie45694

Katie45694

• Villager
  • 269 posts

• Joined 10-November 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:21 AM

I think Melissa probably grouped thread people and yarn people together.
Katie45694

Photo Album:
My MYSpace (with BLOG!):

#53 reecie

reecie

• Villager
  • 490 posts

• Joined 26-July 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:48 AM

wuwu! i love surprising people! do you have any colors you're looking for?

70's colors would be the harvest gold, burnt orange, olive green, chocolate brown...daisys...and ANY flower you can think of! also, feel free to use any any any yarn...all is good.

I'm fine with being suprised.

What would a 70's style color/flower be to you?

I have been messing around with making flowers already mostly out of ww wieght yarn. Most of the colors I've used so far are purples, reds and yellows. I've been making up the flower designs myself. I'd start a flower then I'd see possibilities then alter it as I went along. It's been fun.

wishing you good things,
reecie

#54 reecie

reecie

• Villager
  • 490 posts

• Joined 26-July 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:54 AM

donnalynn,
i don't think it's a dumb queston, i was wondering the same thing myself. :yay

Ok, I have a dumb question... I remember when I signed up for this we had a pretty lengthy questionairre we filled out with all kinds of specifics, but when I got my assignments none of that "info" was in the e-mail. Just the addys. Is the other info we filled out on that sign up page going to be e-mailed to us as well???

wishing you good things,
reecie

#55 CityGirl

CityGirl

• Villager
  • 311 posts

• Joined 13-July 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:19 AM

[quote name='reecie'] does anyone have any specific flower requests? colors/patterns/sizes?? or yarns??? [QUOTE]

Heyyyy Group 7!! (Yes, that's you Tamara, Sharoninseattle and Yarndiva!) Same question for the 3 of you...anything you'd like or dislike?

Personally, I'm a big fan of purples and pinks (nothing too bright/neon, though, LOL), but would love a good mix of those with yellow, cream and red too...you know, "natural" colors. My plan is to make a winter scarf with them.
For you guys, I've already started some flowers from Homespun, which come out really funky and soft. I've been eyeing it with those, but I'm going to look at some patterns from here on out. :D
Frann ----<--@

Current WIPs: * Unseamly Sweater * Aran Cabled Winter Wool Scarf * Delphinium Dream Afghan * Prairie Star Afghan *

#56 CatsCradleCreations

CatsCradleCreations

• 1,702 posts

• Joined 13-April 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:36 PM

Yes, people, I goofed up last night when sending the e-mails and only sent the mailing information. :oops Go ahead, :kick me now.

I'll send out the preferences tonight. Give me a break; I was up past my bedtime and the caffeine du jour had already worn off. I'll fix it tonight--I promise! Sorry about the cornfusion. ;)

#57 GinaLaughed

GinaLaughed

• Villager
  • 279 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:06 PM

Hey Group 5!
Theresa (Crochet Fanatic)
Leslie (katandia)
Gina (GinaLaughed)
Melissa (dazy)

I just wanted to let you know that my addy is incorrect. Go ahead and PM me when you are ready to send. I'm over here in NM.....far from VA. :lol

Melissa....I can understand up past bedtime and worn off caffeine. I do my best work, uhhh, I mean mistakes during that time! :hook;)

Blessings....Gina
Andy's Sweetheart ~ Stephanie & Andrew's Mommy

My Blog: http://PeaceLoveAndHomeschool.com/

#58 Tamara

Tamara

• Villager
  • 249 posts

• Joined 31-January 06

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:23 PM

Group 7........I have no idea what I'm doing, or what my preferences are :) I'm going to start making flowers this weekend and am open to suggestions for anyone. This is my first swap - so I'm really looking to you guys to let me know how we go about doing this.

Do we start a separate thread for our group?
Tamara in KS
WIP: Tote for church - FROGged again, ripple lapghan
Just finished!: Butterfly shawl in black, Purse I felted, two baby hats and a set of mittens
Next up: Felted phone pocket for my new phone

#59 donnalynn2

donnalynn2

• Villager
  • 3,615 posts

• Joined 23-August 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:46 PM

Yes, people, I goofed up last night when sending the e-mails and only sent the mailing information. :oops Go ahead, :kick me now.

I'll send out the preferences tonight. Give me a break; I was up past my bedtime and the caffeine du jour had already worn off. I'll fix it tonight--I promise! Sorry about the cornfusion. ;)

No problem! I understand! It isn't like you're busy or anything! Running a zillion swaps and all! :loco I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!!!
--Donna Lynn :~)

An organized craft room is the object of a sick mind!

My Etsy Shop
My Website My Blog

My RAOK Wish List - Post #4
My Holiday RAOK List
---------------------------------------------------
Groove Along - Retro Afghan

#60 reecie

reecie

• Villager
  • 490 posts

• Joined 26-July 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:41 PM

nonono...no kicky kicky! you're doing a wonderful job...and i totally understand the whole cafeine wear off! speaking of... must refresh myself! looking forward to a fun swap!

wishing you good things,
reecie