(Yet unnamed scarf)
By Crabby Cabbie
1 skein Red Heart Super Saver â€œAranâ€
(Uses about 2/3 of one skein)
J hook (6mm)
Sc = single crochet
Dc = double crochet
Yo = yarn over
Ch = chain
Sk = skip
Cl = cluster Yo, draw up a loop in next stitch, Yo, (draw through two loops on hook) 3 times, Yo, draw through 4 remaining loops on hook.
Or alternately, Dc 3 times in next stitch, leaving last loop of each Dc on hook, Yo, draw through 4 held loops on hook.
1) *(Sc in 2nd chain from hook. Dc in next chain) Repeat from * across chain. (odd number of stitches - you should end with a sc in last chain.) Ch 2
2) Dc in same stitch as chain. (The Ch 2 does NOT count as a stitch in this or any other row) (Sc in next DC, Dc in next SC) across. End with DC in last stitch. Ch 1.
3) Sc in same stitch as chain. (Dc in next SC, Sc in next DC) across. End with SC in last stitch. Ch 2.
(NOTE: all Wrong side rows start and end with DC, all right side rows start and end with Sc)
4) Repeat row 2
5) Repeat row 3
6) (Wrong side) Dc in first Sc, Sc in next DC. *Work cluster in next Sc. Sc in next Dc. (Do not Ch 1 in between) Repeat from * across to last 2 stitches. End with Sc, Dc. Ch 1.
7) Repeat row 3, Dc in each SC, Sc in the top of each cluster. Ch 2
8) Repeat row 2
9) Repeat row 3
10) Repeat row 2
11) Repeat row 3
12) Ch 2. Dc in next stitch. Dc in same stitch as turning chain, working over Dc just made.
*(Sk next Sc, Dc in next Dc. Dc in skipped Sc, working around Dc just made)
Repeat from * across. Ch 1
13) Sc in all stitches across, finish off.
14) Attach yarn to first Sc on opposite side of scarf (wrong side facing you) with a DC. Repeat row 12.
15) Repeat row 13
Add fringe if you want - it looks good with or without.