4 replies to this topic

#1 Sabra

Sabra

• Villager
  • 511 posts

• Joined 13-April 05

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:36 AM

[img]http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_pages/Sabra/headband.JPG[/img]
Fast & easy enough you can make a couple as last-minute stocking stuffers.

Finished piece is 19" around, but is somewhat stretchy. It is also slightly more than one inch wide.

Gauge: 16 sts = 4 inches 4 rows (in pattern) = 1 inch

Yarn: worsted weight (Project shown was made with Caron Simply Soft Brites in lime & lemonade.) Less than an ounce.

Hook: G (4.25 mm) & F (4 mm)--or you can make the whole thing with the 4.25 mm hook; it will just be a bit wider.

Note: The technique is slightly different than normal in that the turning chains never count as the first stitch. Also note that it is made flat and then seamed, but you can easily make it in a circle if you'd rather.

Directions:

Using the 4.25mm hook, chain 71. Switch to 4mm hook.

1) Sc in second chain from hook & each additional chain. 70 sc.
2) Ch 1, turn. HDC in each stitch. 70 HDC.
3) Ch 2, turn. DC in each stitch (remember turning chains don't count as stitches). 70 DC.
4) Ch 1, turn. Sc in each stitch. 70 sc Do not finish off.

Edging: Ch 1, sl st down sides of rows. Sl st in free loop of beginning chain. *Ch 3 sk one st, sl st in following st* to last 2 sts. Ch 2, sl st in last st. Sl st back up the side of the rows. Ch 1. Work edging on top in the same manner as before. Fold headband together with wrong side facing out, & slst the ends together. Finish off; weave in ends.

Flower:

Using 4.25mm hook, ch 2.

1) DC 12 times in 2nd ch. It will naturally form a circle.
2) Sl st in first dc. *Ch 4, sk next st, sl st in following st* around.
3) In each ch-4 space, work: 1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 2 tr, 1 dc, 1hdc, 1 sc. At end, sl st in first sc. Finish off, leaving a long tail of yarn. Use this to sew the flower on to the headband (I sewed mine over the seam to cover it up).
Sabra Crochets <--There's actually stuff there now!
Sabra's Patterns <--New blog.

PLEASE do not PM me here; I'm trying to get better about visiting but sometimes months do pass. If you have a question you need answered before you die of old age, please e-mail me through my profile.

#2 yarncat

yarncat

• Villager
  • 19,516 posts

• Joined 02-July 05

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:36 AM

Cute headband,Sabra!Thanks for the pattern.

#3 NancyW44

NancyW44

• Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 13-December 05

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:34 PM

The headband is cute.
Your doll looks like some of my did! You can use a little rubbing alcohol to take the ink off her face. It will take her blush off too unfortunately - just add a little of your own :)

#4 robbinstx

robbinstx

• Villager
  • 27 posts

• Joined 02-January 06

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:05 AM

this is so cute. Thanks for sharing!

#5 Minivanmomma

Minivanmomma

• Villager
  • 20 posts

• Joined 22-October 06

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

Thank you for the pattern, the flower was really easy too. I made a headband for my daughter and it turned out really cute.