• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rainymorning

Rainymorning

• Villager
  • 25 posts

• Joined 02-February 14

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

I'm doing a pattern that calls for this stitch. It is the lily and cream cupcake dishcloth pattern. It says "Ch1, 1 sc in first 2 sts. FPhtr around next at 3 rows below". This is the 4th row in this section of the project. I know how to do a FP, but the "htr" is throwing me off. Is it supposed to be kind of like a spike stitch?

#2 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan

• Villager
  • 9,016 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

It will be like a spike stitch. Info on htr if you need that http://www.crochetsp...het-stitch-htr/
--Kathy
I'm Kathy-crochet on Ravelry.
It's official--I cannot type the word "stitch", it always comes out "sttich".
Callaway Stitchers crochet, knit, tat, sew, any fiber art! get-together in Fulton MO, Mondays at 5 p.m. Would love to have Villers join us! For more info, send me a PM.

"Advice to new crocheters on choosing a pattern" http://www.crochetvi...ad.php?t=107078

#3 AsheSkyler

AsheSkyler

• Villager
  • 95 posts

• Joined 21-November 13

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

"Front post half triple crochet??

Custom Pencil Portraits from Photographs

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle!

Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians.

Give 100% in all you do. Unless you're giving blood.

#4 Granny Square

Granny Square

• Villager
  • 6,662 posts

• Joined 18-June 07

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Interesting, thanks for that link Kathy.  I would have guessed for htr you'd pull thru all the loops at once like a hdc, which sounds like it would end up being a big french knot looking thing.  Instead it's sort of a hybrid - pull thru 2, pull thru 3.  I just checked, htr is slightly taller than EDC.

Granny Square

#5 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Villager
  • 15,366 posts

• Joined 11-January 07

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

How could you do a half treble?  That makes no sense to me.  I've done lots of FPhdc but a half treble?

#6 Gingerbread Girl

Gingerbread Girl

• Villager
  • 258 posts

• Joined 30-December 10

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

The only time I've ever encountered htr is in patterns written with UK terms. The UK htr is the same as US hdc. 

Knitter, crochether, photographer, beauty blogger, bookworm, pet mom

Google +
Pinterest
My Recipes

lilshutterbug on Ravelry

#7 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Villager
  • 15,366 posts

• Joined 11-January 07

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

Now it makes sense.

#8 ReniC

ReniC

• Villager
  • 3,022 posts

• Joined 27-December 07

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Michelle- I used this tutorial for a fphtrc on a cowl and it turned out very pretty. It was quite the yarn-hog but that was okay since I used up some stash.

How could you do a half treble?  That makes no sense to me.  I've done lots of FPhdc but a half treble?

Edited by ReniC, 24 February 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#9 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan

• Villager
  • 9,016 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

I think in using the half treble/triple stitch, we have to be really careful about whether the stitch terminology is US or UK.  the Crochetspot entry I linked http://www.crochetsp...het-stitch-htr/  is clearly using US terms.  This involves 2 yarnovers before starting the stitch.  the UK half treble/US half double has only one yarnover.  

Reni, I notice the ehow article ends by saying the stitch abbreviation would be fphdc, so I take it the use of the htr there is actually the UK term (???).  those directions are confusing to me, with first a single yarnover and then within the same st, a double yarnover, which I have not seen before.  Guess I would have to sit down ad do it to "get" it.  

--Kathy
I'm Kathy-crochet on Ravelry.
It's official--I cannot type the word "stitch", it always comes out "sttich".
Callaway Stitchers crochet, knit, tat, sew, any fiber art! get-together in Fulton MO, Mondays at 5 p.m. Would love to have Villers join us! For more info, send me a PM.

"Advice to new crocheters on choosing a pattern" http://www.crochetvi...ad.php?t=107078

#10 ReniC

ReniC

• Villager
  • 3,022 posts

• Joined 27-December 07

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

I enjoyed using the stitch and did not consider it a fphdc. In my experience, too many yo's. :)

I think in using the half treble/triple stitch, we have to be really careful about whether the stitch terminology is US or UK.  the Crochetspot entry I linked http://www.crochetsp...het-stitch-htr/  is clearly using US terms.  This involves 2 yarnovers before starting the stitch.  the UK half treble/US half double has only one yarnover.  

Reni, I notice the ehow article ends by saying the stitch abbreviation would be fphdc, so I take it the use of the htr there is actually the UK term (???).  those directions are confusing to me, with first a single yarnover and then within the same st, a double yarnover, which I have not seen before.  Guess I would have to sit down ad do it to "get" it.