Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

2014 Favorite Color Swap ~ Partners Assigned!

color yarn favorite swap crochetville

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Bailey4

Bailey4
  • Villager
  • 3,610 posts

• Joined 22-December 10

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

Favorite Color Swap 2014.jpg

My package arrived today full to the top.  As you can guess purple is my favorite color.  Thank you so much Tiffer.  I really enjoyed being your partner in this swap.  It was fun having a chance to get to know you.  It was hard to get it all in one shot so as for the goodies:

I got a complete Springfield outfit including dress, shoes, and bag for my Christmas donation.  I am so thrilled.  I never seem to have enough in November!!!

2 of the cutest purple button containers I have ever seen.  The tops are buttons.

Purple Needle Nest and Yarn Needles

4 very pretty purple shades of Vanna's choice.

A very nice purple notions box

A handmade Hook Book

Purple Pen

Travel Kit

Spa Bag with lots of purple spa items

A Purple Glue Gun

Water Bottle

A Purple Owl

A Journal

A purple lollipop

and a very thoughtful handwritten card.

I can't wait to see what you think of your package.

My Blog: Craft Attic Resources
Proud Bag Lady #87 Lilacs

Something New Wishlist #4
Book Challenge 2014 #231 2013 #398
2014 WTD +2 YTD -166 2013 YTD +26

Favorite Color Swap 2014, Amigurumi Swap 2014, Magic Ball Swap 2014, Dishcloth Swap 2014, Amigurumi Swap 2013, Dishcloth Swap 2012, Amigurumi Swap 2012, Starts With A Swap 2012, Notion Swap 2012, Holiday Gift Exchange 2011, Favorite Color Swap 2011, Kit Swap 2011

#62 tiffer93

tiffer93
  • Villager
  • 4,918 posts

• Joined 17-February 08

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

I'm so glad it made it to you and that you like it! This is one of my favorite swaps because it gives me a chance to get out of my own comfort zone with colors and try to find things that I hope compliment the tastes of my partner in their favorite colors. It has been such a pleasure chatting with you and getting to know you Bailey4! I am anxiously awaiting for the mail to arrive Monday, I know the goodies inside will be right up my alley! 

*~* Tiffany *~*

*~* Treasures & Trinkets by Tiffany *~*

*~* Facebook & Ravelry as tiffer93 *~*

*~* 2014 Hostess: Favorite Color,Stitch Marker *~*

*~* Proud Bag Lady #75 ~ 'Diamond Bright' June 2012 *~*

#63 jessicali

jessicali
  • Villager
  • 1,951 posts

• Joined 11-February 11

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Chrissy, I have your box sealed up & ready to be shipped tomorrow! 

Jessica

Any Afghan CAL 2014; +2

Dishcloth 2014 CAL; +1

Stashbusting CAL; As of 4/11/14  WTD; -6 YTD; -1

My blog!  Need bags?

Bag Lady #84

#64 segi1974

segi1974
  • Villager
  • 4,381 posts

• Joined 04-November 06

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

I am still crocheitng my project, but the other stuff is completed.   I see nice packages received.

50 Book Challenge for 2014   1/50

50 Book Challenge for 2010 38/50
50 Book Challenge for 2011 5/50

Bag Lady #27 The Olympian
Potholder of the Month of November 2009
Turtles April 2010 TLC tote

Making baby blankets for St. Mary's Medical Center in Langhorne, Pa.   If you would like to donate a baby blanket or baby hats, please send me a PM for my address, any help would be appreciated.  I take them to the NICU at least once a month depending what I can get done by myself.

#65 jessicali

jessicali
  • Villager
  • 1,951 posts

• Joined 11-February 11

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

I am behind on posting pictures of my goodies from Chrissy that I received on Saturday! (Btw - yours went out in the mail today scheduled to be there on wednesday!)    You might or might not be able to tell my favorite color is pink!

Jingles got a new outfit!  fave1.jpg

She made the box & made me some earrings with thread!  fave2.jpg

Izzy's new outfit!  fave3.jpg

New Dish Cloth & 2 Doilies   fave4.jpg

Basket filled with goodies!  fave5.jpg

DS stylus Pens for my boys, Bubble Puppy Stuffie for Rosalie & Chocolates for RC & the boys.  fave6.jpg

Buttons in all shapes & shades of pink!   fave7.jpg

2 Afghan Pattern books!   fave8.jpg

Another box she made & metal blanks for jewelry stamping!   fave9.jpg

Even my dogs were spoiled! Each of them got new outfits & some treats! Teddy's outfit is still a tad big on him. He's just 4 months!  fave10.jpg

Candles that smell wonderful enough to eat (though I won't!) and straight stamp tape!   fave11.jpg

4 new skeins of yarn!   fave12.jpg

Another picture of the reflective yarn (That's AWESOME!)fave12.2.jpg

Thanks so much Chrissy!! Everyone loved their gifts! 

Edited by jessicali, 07 April 2014 - 02:29 PM.

Jessica

Any Afghan CAL 2014; +2

Dishcloth 2014 CAL; +1

Stashbusting CAL; As of 4/11/14  WTD; -6 YTD; -1

My blog!  Need bags?

Bag Lady #84

#66 chrissyf

chrissyf
  • Villager
  • 2,287 posts

• Joined 30-December 06

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

I am so glad everyone likes the goodies. I figured Teddy's shirt would be too big, I am glad the "girls" outfits fit I was a little worried because my chihuahua is a mix and wears small. i loved the smell of those candles too! the boxes were what i wanted to find to buy but could not find what i wanted., I think hooks will fit in the longer box. My grand daughter picked out the bucket of buttons for you!

Chrissy
please feel free to pin my photos on pintrest!

Proud Mom of a US Army Soldier

#67 chrissyf

chrissyf
  • Villager
  • 2,287 posts

• Joined 30-December 06

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

my package arrived from Jessicali! I love the bag beautiful! THe yarn is all types i have never used one is 100% wool which i can use for either helmet liners for deployed troops or hats for homeless veterans. The striped is wool/soy it feels lovely i think hats for homeless vets. the cotton is going to make new dishcloths. I should not lose anymore needles thanks to the tin magnetic box but just in case there are two more. and the red beads are a color i am almost out of for my bead embroidery!

Attached Thumbnails

• swap.JPG

Chrissy
please feel free to pin my photos on pintrest!

Proud Mom of a US Army Soldier

#68 tiffer93

tiffer93
  • Villager
  • 4,918 posts

• Joined 17-February 08

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Monday I received an awesome package from Bailey4! She went over the top spoiling me with lots of goodies! I was quick to send her a message but am just now able to have time to show them off. So sorry for the delay Bailey4! (Been one of 'those' weeks around here!) 

I couldn't squeeze it all into one pic ;) 

DSCN4122.JPG

Pic #1: 

4 Holiday themed PINK piggies! How adorable are those?! Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas piggies. I :heart pigs! The Easter piggy even has a little Easter basket with eggs in it! CUTE!

3 different shaped containers, which is like she read my mind because I have been running out of places to put things.

Peppermint tea, one of my absolute favorite tea flavors. 

A black/pink/white cloth ~ she said for dishes but there's no way I would use it for that! Instead, it's going to be one my face cloths :) 

A box of hot cocoa mix for the kiddos

~There was also a box of Skittles inside one of the containers, but they didn't last long enough to make it into the pic ;) 

DSCN4123.JPG

Pic #2:

2 skeins of neon hot pink yarn

2 skeins of neon fuchsia yarn

2 skeins of gray yarn

All my favorite brand & perfect for some projects I have in mind soon!

DSCN4124.JPG

Pic # 3:

Crocheted Pokemon character amis for my boys! They were so thrilled when they got home from school and saw those. They're new friends have a home on their beds. Unfortunately my stepson won't get to see his until Easter weekend, but I know he will love it!

Leather cord for my jewelry making! Several different colors. I have been making leather bracelets a lot lately and was beginning to run out of cord! Again, mind reader I am telling ya!

Stamp pendant blanks, also for jewelry

Crimp covers

Bailey4 it has been such a pleasure to be paired up with you for this swap! You made so many wonderful goodies and it warms my heart that it was on my account! Thank you for being such a great partner! Thank you for everything! 

Edited by tiffer93, 10 April 2014 - 01:40 PM.

*~* Tiffany *~*

#69 tiffer93

tiffer93
  • Villager
  • 4,918 posts

• Joined 17-February 08

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Got a couple packages still in transit, so once those have found their way home we'll be wrapping up this thread. I want to say thank you to you all for being great swappers & getting those packages out! 

*~* Tiffany *~*

#70 segi1974

segi1974
  • Villager
  • 4,381 posts

• Joined 04-November 06

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

I am posting a picture of my beautiful package from Jan.  First I would like to thank you very much for becoming my new friend and getting to know you.  The package you sent to me was great.  Jan made three scarves and I love the colors and they will be worn to work.  The shawl and flower pin you made.  I have a wedding in May so I will make sure that is part of the outfit I wear.  The yarn is all of my favorite colors of green and I will make sure I make something for myself.  The dress set with the hat is on the refrigerator already.  The green bottle with the lights on will be going in my bedroom as d├ęcor.  I already helped myself to the treats of candy and I will be taking the altoids to work.  The soap smells so nice.  Everything you sent was in my favorite color and I do appreciate the time you put into creating it just for me.   

Attached Thumbnails

• 2014 023.JPG

50 Book Challenge for 2014   1/50

50 Book Challenge for 2010 38/50
50 Book Challenge for 2011 5/50

Bag Lady #27 The Olympian
Potholder of the Month of November 2009
Turtles April 2010 TLC tote

Making baby blankets for St. Mary's Medical Center in Langhorne, Pa.   If you would like to donate a baby blanket or baby hats, please send me a PM for my address, any help would be appreciated.  I take them to the NICU at least once a month depending what I can get done by myself.

#71 janagain

janagain
  • Villager
  • 49 posts

• Joined 27-November 12

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

I have received my package from Kathy McGuire, my swap partner and new fb friend. My favorite color is blue, which is also one of the colors of the Dallas Cowboys, a team I'm always rooting for though they seldom win lately. Now, thanks to Kathy, I have a fabulous lapghan in Cowboy colors. I love it! Kathy also sent me 5 skeins of Deborah Norville sock yarn in a variegated blue and I already have a shawl planned for it. I found a blue floral Vera Bradley water bottle to take along when I'm riding my bike and a garden flag for my flower bed. She sent me my first clover hook along with some of my favorite tea and some yummy candies. Thank you, Kathy, for being such a wonderful swap partner!

DSC_0001.JPG

#72 sheryl926

sheryl926
  • Villager
  • 9 posts

• Joined 03-February 14

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Good evening everyone!  

I got my package from my partner recently!!! WOW!!! It was absolutely fantastic!!!  THANK YOU!!!!  THANK YOU!!!  There were several skeins of RED yarn!! Including some crochet thread!  I already have some lace for socks planned for that!  Along with a cross stitch kit, candles, ribbon, candy, necklace project.... trying to remember what else!?!  There was sooo much in the box!  

Again, Thank you kidge!   The goodies are awesome and SO ARE YOU!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Sheryl

Sheryl

Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man and work like a dog.

#73 kidge

kidge
  • Villager
  • 4,093 posts

• Joined 22-September 06

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

Yay I am very glad you like everything... sorry I was MIA for a few weeks between three business trips and 2 unexpected deaths in the family  it's been a bit rough.  So glad you like everything.  I   had a fab time ;) 

Hugs n' Hooks

Kidge

Ravelry ID - Kidge
Ville Friendship Ghan 12" Squares (Pink Green or Creme color combos fine)
Swap Coordinator 2012 -

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: color, yarn, favorite, swap, crochetville