Photo

2014 Favorite Color Swap ~ Partners Assigned!

color yarn favorite swap crochetville

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 tiffer93

tiffer93

• Villager
  • 4,922 posts

• Joined 17-February 08

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

General Swap Requirements:

Each swapper will send at least one package containing items in your partner's favorite color(s). *Minimum* package value must be at least $25, not including the price of postage.

Items for this swap do not have to be crochet or fiber related, but all should fit the color theme(s) of your partners’ choosing.

This is an exchange where getting to know your partner is very important!! The biggest part of having a fun exchange for both people involved is good communication. Email your partner at least once a week. Read their survey and ask questions. This swap is all about taking the time to combine your partner's favorite color(s) with items that they will love! It's like sending a big hug through the mail!

Important Dates:
Partners Assigned: March 1, 2014 by 5 p.m. EST
Swap Dates: March 1 – April 16, 2014
Mailing Deadline: April 9, 2014

REMEMBER: Crochetville admin limits Villagers to *TWO* swaps at one time. If you are already signed up for two swaps, one must be completed before this swap starts for you to be eligible to swap. See the Swap Guidelines. A swap will count as completed if you have mailed your final package and delivery confirmation information shows your package has been received OR your swap partner has posted a thank-you in the swap thread.

GUIDELINES
Here are the rules. Please read them thoroughly and completely before signing up.

1. Please submit a survey (See 2nd post for Survey information) if you want to participate in this swap. Surveys should be emailed to the swap coordinator, tiffer93, at this email address: tiffer93 (AT) gmail (DOT) com. I will send you a confirmation email when I receive your survey, and your name will be added to the list of swappers posted below. Surveys can be submitted until: February 28, 2014 at 8 p.m.(EST).

2. It is not required that you answer all the questions on the survey (except for name, address, and C'ville nickname), but it is a good way for your partner to know your other preferences, favorite color, favorite genre of books, allergies, etc.

3. Partner assignments will be e-mailed to you by: March 1, 2014 at 5 p.m. Packages must be POSTMARKED by: April 9, 2014. Delivery Confirmation is required whenever it is available (all domestic packages), and the delivery confirmation number MUST be emailed to the swap coordinator. Please email the swap coordinator, tiffer93 (AT) gmail (DOT) com, when you receive your exchange partner's information so that I know you received it. All packages must be received by the end of the swap on: April 16, 2014.

4. By submitting a survey, you agree to follow the Swap Guidelines, as well as the General Forum Guidelines**Please note — there is a new requirement for digital patterns**

5. E-mail the swap coordinator, tiffer93, at this email address: tiffer93 (AT) gmail (DOT) com, when you receive your partner information at the start of the swap, and when you send and receive your exchange item(s) so that I can record who has sent and received.

6. Please thank your partner for their thoughtfulness when you receive your swap package. It will make their day. A thank you MUST be posted on the swap thread, but you can post links to your blog for photos, etc., if you choose. A thank you is REQUIRED!! Please also thank your partner personally with a private email, as well as a post to the swap thread. The private thank-you lets your partner know that their package has been received, and the public thank-you lets the other swappers know what you received and adds to everyone’s enjoyment of the exchange. Both public and private thank-you’s are required.

7. Make sure your postage and receiver's address are correct before mailing. Mark your package with "Crochetville Favorite Color Swap". Do not forget delivery confirmation is required whenever it is available, and the delivery confirmation must be emailed to the swap coordinator. This is not only proof of mailing, but enables you to trace the package if it is lost in the mail.

8. If you have a problem with your partner or an item you receive, please DO NOT post complaints to the swap thread. Please PM or email the swap coordinator privately.

9. If your package is not postmarked by the POSTMARK BY date of April 9, 2014, you will be subject to the consequences listed in the Swap Guidelines. Please contact the swap coordinator BEFORE the mailing deadline passes if there is a problem.

10. Since we are an international group, everyone is more than welcome to participate. That means that your exchange partner may live across the world and packages may take longer to arrive and cost more to ship. Keep this in mind when mailing items.

11. Most importantly, have fun! Happy Swapping!

PRIVACY INFORMATION
The information you provide in your survey is provided to assigned swap partners. Information may also be provided to the Swap Coordinator Leader (DesertCrocheter) and Crochetville administration (AmyS and Donna) for the purposes of swap coordination only. With prior permission, survey information may also be shared with members sending “Angel” replacement packages, if necessary.

SWAPPERS:

Bailey4

Chrissyf

jessicali

kidge

segi1974

sheryl926

tiffer93

Edited by tiffer93, 02 March 2014 - 03:42 PM.

*~* Tiffany *~*

*~* Treasures & Trinkets by Tiffany *~*

*~* Facebook & Ravelry as tiffer93 *~*

*~* 2014 Hostess: Favorite Color,Stitch Marker *~*

*~* Proud Bag Lady #75 ~ 'Diamond Bright' June 2012 *~*

#2 tiffer93

tiffer93

• Villager
  • 4,922 posts

• Joined 17-February 08

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

2014 Favorite Color Swap Survey

SURVEY: Please copy and paste this survey into an email and send to the swap coordinator, tiffer93, at tiffer93 (at) gmail (dot) com. Surveys will be accepted until 8:00 PM EST on February 28, 2014. Partners will be assigned by 5 p.m. EST on March 1, 2014.

1. What is your full name (for mailing purposes only)?

2. What is your C'ville nickname?

3. Email address for swap information?

4. What is your complete mailing address? 

5. Can you send to a foreign partner?

6. Are you willing to exchange with a smoker?

7. Do you or anyone in your household smoke?

8. Do you have any pets?

9. Do you have any allergies? (Fiber, food, pets, smoke, etc.)

10. What are your favorite colors? Please be specific.

11. Are there any colors you don't like? 

12. What sort of items would you like to receive? 

13. Are there items that you do not wish to receive?

14. Are there any crochet or fiber art items that you particularly enjoy receiving?

15. What other crafts besides crochet do you enjoy, if any?

16. Have you participated in a swap at C'ville before? Which ones? 

17. Are you currently participating in any swaps? Which ones? 

18. What extra goodies do you enjoy? (Tea, coffee, cocoa, etc. — these aren't required items for this swap, but this info is useful if your partner wishes to send some extras). 

19. Have you read all of the swap rules, both for this specific swap and the Swap Guidelines? And do you agree to follow these rules? 

20. Anything else you want your partner to know?

21. Is there anything you need the swap coordinator to know? (This will be removed before your survey is sent out to your swap partner.)

**Submitting a survey means that you have read the swap rules in entirety and understand the consequences of not sending your exchange items as agreed, or for sending your swap items late.** 

*~* Tiffany *~*

#3 chrissyf

chrissyf

• Villager
  • 2,287 posts

• Joined 30-December 06

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Survey sent! I love this swap too! I know our swap mom's favorite color! I have been her swap partner before soooo I can give her partner ideas!

Chrissy
please feel free to pin my photos on pintrest!

Proud Mom of a US Army Soldier

#4 DesertCrocheter

DesertCrocheter

• Villager
  • 7,039 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hey, that's insider knowledge, chrissy!  :lol

#5 jessicali

jessicali

• Villager
  • 1,962 posts

• Joined 11-February 11

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

Survey sent!!

Jessica

Any Afghan CAL 2014; +2

Dishcloth 2014 CAL; +1

Stashbusting CAL; As of 4/11/14  WTD; -6 YTD; -1

My blog!  Need bags?

Bag Lady #84

#6 chrissyf

chrissyf

• Villager
  • 2,287 posts

• Joined 30-December 06

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Hey, that's insider knowledge, chrissy!  :lol

i never said i was a secret keeper! I like to help my friends out! 

Chrissy

#7 auntbubbels

auntbubbels

• Villager
  • 9,546 posts

• Joined 22-October 05

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

Survey sent! I love this swap too! I know our swap mom's favorite color! I have been her swap partner before soooo I can give her partner ideas!

Is that like insider trading!!!

#8 kidge

kidge

• Villager
  • 4,093 posts

• Joined 22-September 06

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

In :)

Hugs n' Hooks

Kidge

Ravelry ID - Kidge
Ville Friendship Ghan 12" Squares (Pink Green or Creme color combos fine)
Swap Coordinator 2012 -

#9 Bailey4

Bailey4

• Villager
  • 3,698 posts

• Joined 22-December 10

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Survey Sent

My Blog: Craft Attic Resources
Proud Bag Lady #87 Lilacs

Something New Wishlist #4
Book Challenge 2014 #235 2013 #398
2014 WTD  +2 YTD -131 2013 YTD +26

Ornament Swap 2014, Favorite Color Swap 2014, Amigurumi Swap 2014, Magic Ball Swap 2014, Dishcloth Swap 2014, Amigurumi Swap 2013, Dishcloth Swap 2012, Amigurumi Swap 2012, Starts With A Swap 2012, Notion Swap 2012, Holiday Gift Exchange 2011, Favorite Color Swap 2011, Kit Swap 2011

#10 chrissyf

chrissyf

• Villager
  • 2,287 posts

• Joined 30-December 06

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

Looks like it is going to be a small intimate swap! And everyone but swap mom would be new partner to me!

Chrissy

#11 segi1974

segi1974

• Villager
  • 4,384 posts

• Joined 04-November 06

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

is it to late to join in the fun

50 Book Challenge for 2014   1/50

50 Book Challenge for 2010 38/50
50 Book Challenge for 2011 5/50

Bag Lady #27 The Olympian
Potholder of the Month of November 2009
Turtles April 2010 TLC tote

Making baby blankets for St. Mary's Medical Center in Langhorne, Pa.   If you would like to donate a baby blanket or baby hats, please send me a PM for my address, any help would be appreciated.  I take them to the NICU at least once a month depending what I can get done by myself.

#12 janagain

janagain

• Villager
  • 51 posts

• Joined 27-November 12

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

Oh, darn, I missed the deadline!  :no

#13 segi1974

segi1974

• Villager
  • 4,384 posts

• Joined 04-November 06

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

I did get my survey in on time.  Now I get to wait for my partner

Making baby blankets for St. Mary's Medical Center in Langhorne, Pa.   If you would like to donate a baby blanket or baby hats, please send me a PM for my address, any help would be appreciated.  I take them to the NICU at least once a month depending what I can get done by myself.

#14 tiffer93

tiffer93

• Villager
  • 4,922 posts

• Joined 17-February 08

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

janagain, go ahead & send me your survey because right now there's an odd number of swappers. You're survey will make it even ;) 

• janagain likes this

*~* Tiffany *~*

#15 tiffer93

tiffer93

• Villager
  • 4,922 posts

• Joined 17-February 08

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

I'm going to be a little late sending partners out ladies, but as soon as I get back home today they'll be out. Hopefully janagain will be able to join us! 

• janagain likes this

*~* Tiffany *~*

#16 janagain

janagain

• Villager
  • 51 posts

• Joined 27-November 12

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Thank you, Tiffany! I just checked in again and will do the survey now. Hope I'm not too late!! Woo-hoo!

#17 kidge

kidge

• Villager
  • 4,093 posts

• Joined 22-September 06

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

Howdy Sheryl

Great to meet you .. this is a favorite of mine ;)   Can't wait to get to know you !!

:manyheart

• sheryl926 likes this
Hugs n' Hooks

Kidge

Ravelry ID - Kidge
Ville Friendship Ghan 12" Squares (Pink Green or Creme color combos fine)
Swap Coordinator 2012 -

#18 chrissyf

chrissyf

• Villager
  • 2,287 posts

• Joined 30-December 06

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hi jessicali! Sent off an email already! Ok i am a bit obsessive i know! this is going to be fun!

Chrissy

#19 segi1974

segi1974

• Villager
  • 4,384 posts

• Joined 04-November 06

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

Hi Jan   Glad to have you as my partner.  I will get an email off to you soon.

• janagain likes this

#20 tiffer93

tiffer93

• Villager
  • 4,922 posts

• Joined 17-February 08

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Sorry the emails were a bit late gals, but sometimes things get a little crazy around here. I *think* I was able to pair everyone up with someone new?! It is going to be a super fun swap!

:waving Bailey4, I'll be going over your survey tonight and getting a little brainstorming action going!  :yay  :think  :idea 

*~* Tiffany *~*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: color, yarn, favorite, swap, crochetville