General Swap Requirements:
Each swapper will send at least one package containing items in your partner's favorite color(s). *Minimum* package value must be at least $25, not including the price of postage.
Items for this swap do not have to be crochet or fiber related, but all should fit the color theme(s) of your partners’ choosing.
This is an exchange where getting to know your partner is very important!! The biggest part of having a fun exchange for both people involved is good communication. Email your partner at least once a week. Read their survey and ask questions. This swap is all about taking the time to combine your partner's favorite color(s) with items that they will love! It's like sending a big hug through the mail!
Sign Ups: February 20 – February 28, 2014 at 8 p.m. EST
Partners Assigned: March 1, 2014 by 5 p.m. EST
Swap Dates: March 1 – April 16, 2014
Mailing Deadline: April 9, 2014
REMEMBER: Crochetville admin limits Villagers to *TWO* swaps at one time. If you are already signed up for two swaps, one must be completed before this swap starts for you to be eligible to swap. See the Swap Guidelines. A swap will count as completed if you have mailed your final package and delivery confirmation information shows your package has been received OR your swap partner has posted a thank-you in the swap thread.
Here are the rules. Please read them thoroughly and completely before signing up.
1. Please submit a survey (See 2nd post for Survey information) if you want to participate in this swap. Surveys should be emailed to the swap coordinator, tiffer93, at this email address: tiffer93 (AT) gmail (DOT) com. I will send you a confirmation email when I receive your survey, and your name will be added to the list of swappers posted below. Surveys can be submitted until: February 28, 2014 at 8 p.m.(EST).
2. It is not required that you answer all the questions on the survey (except for name, address, and C'ville nickname), but it is a good way for your partner to know your other preferences, favorite color, favorite genre of books, allergies, etc.
3. Partner assignments will be e-mailed to you by: March 1, 2014 at 5 p.m. Packages must be POSTMARKED by: April 9, 2014. Delivery Confirmation is required whenever it is available (all domestic packages), and the delivery confirmation number MUST be emailed to the swap coordinator. Please email the swap coordinator, tiffer93 (AT) gmail (DOT) com, when you receive your exchange partner's information so that I know you received it. All packages must be received by the end of the swap on: April 16, 2014.
4. By submitting a survey, you agree to follow the Swap Guidelines, as well as the General Forum Guidelines. **Please note — there is a new requirement for digital patterns**
5. E-mail the swap coordinator, tiffer93, at this email address: tiffer93 (AT) gmail (DOT) com, when you receive your partner information at the start of the swap, and when you send and receive your exchange item(s) so that I can record who has sent and received.
6. Please thank your partner for their thoughtfulness when you receive your swap package. It will make their day. A thank you MUST be posted on the swap thread, but you can post links to your blog for photos, etc., if you choose. A thank you is REQUIRED!! Please also thank your partner personally with a private email, as well as a post to the swap thread. The private thank-you lets your partner know that their package has been received, and the public thank-you lets the other swappers know what you received and adds to everyone’s enjoyment of the exchange. Both public and private thank-you’s are required.
7. Make sure your postage and receiver's address are correct before mailing. Mark your package with "Crochetville Favorite Color Swap". Do not forget delivery confirmation is required whenever it is available, and the delivery confirmation must be emailed to the swap coordinator. This is not only proof of mailing, but enables you to trace the package if it is lost in the mail.
8. If you have a problem with your partner or an item you receive, please DO NOT post complaints to the swap thread. Please PM or email the swap coordinator privately.
9. If your package is not postmarked by the POSTMARK BY date of April 9, 2014, you will be subject to the consequences listed in the Swap Guidelines. Please contact the swap coordinator BEFORE the mailing deadline passes if there is a problem.
10. Since we are an international group, everyone is more than welcome to participate. That means that your exchange partner may live across the world and packages may take longer to arrive and cost more to ship. Keep this in mind when mailing items.
11. Most importantly, have fun! Happy Swapping!
The information you provide in your survey is provided to assigned swap partners. Information may also be provided to the Swap Coordinator Leader (DesertCrocheter) and Crochetville administration (AmyS and Donna) for the purposes of swap coordination only. With prior permission, survey information may also be shared with members sending “Angel” replacement packages, if necessary.
Edited by tiffer93, 02 March 2014 - 03:42 PM.