148 replies to this topic

#61 AngelRoseLite

AngelRoseLite

• Villager
  • 1,611 posts

• Joined 08-December 10

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

DesertCrocheter, I'm sorry for your loss.   :hug

Hi, CrochetKitten! I wonder what this scavenger hunt is going to inspire us to do.  It's my first ever.  E-mail ya soon ;)

Edited by AngelRoseLite, 01 April 2013 - 10:50 PM.

AngelRoseLite

Rambling 'n Yarning
Pinterest page
2012 Holiday Wish List
Ravelry

Proud member of Tampa Doll's bag lady club:  First Day of School Tote #102 (Sept. 2014)

#62 tambob6259

tambob6259

• Villager
  • 66 posts

• Joined 26-January 13

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

I've been in contact with both ladies in our round robin. This swap is going to be sooo much fun. I can't wait to get started. :clap

-Tammy

#63 krazycrocheter

krazycrocheter

• Villager
  • 1,141 posts

• Joined 23-July 11

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

I am so excited.  :clap  Can't wait to start shopping. So happy with my round robin ladies. :yay :yay  I'm like a kid at Christmas I'm so excited.

Edited by krazycrocheter, 01 April 2013 - 11:57 PM.

2014Stashbusting: WTD: -8 YTD: -6Boxing Day/Charity: 8 granny squares<p>Any Afghan: WIP: Scrapghan and Lapghan

#64 kidge

kidge

• Villager
  • 4,093 posts

• Joined 22-September 06

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

Yah!! I have been in contact with both my partners and am really looking forward to getting to know and spoil them both. :ghug

I have to say TamBob got me this morning.. she sent a lovely get to know you email however her name is the same as my sister and I couldn't understand what Tammy was emailing me about Crochet lol

Hugs!!

Kidge

Edited by kidge, 02 April 2013 - 07:13 AM.

• krazycrocheter and tambob6259 like this
Hugs n' Hooks

Kidge

Ravelry ID - Kidge
Ville Friendship Ghan 12" Squares (Pink Green or Creme color combos fine)
Swap Coordinator 2012 -

#65 krazycrocheter

krazycrocheter

• Villager
  • 1,141 posts

• Joined 23-July 11

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

Have been in contact wirh both my partners as well.

• tambob6259 likes this
2014Stashbusting: WTD: -8 YTD: -6Boxing Day/Charity: 8 granny squares<p>Any Afghan: WIP: Scrapghan and Lapghan

#66 Ankh

Ankh

• Villager
  • 1,124 posts

• Joined 21-May 07

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

:woo someone new to spoil yah :party humm now to go see what I will be making and using. Ankh :yarn

I'm drowning in yarn. Send in reinforcement hooks.
50 Book Challenge 2011~102 2012 ~111 2013~93 2014~ 69/100

WIP: state fair entries pattern submissions

Swaps:Starts with A....

#67 HollyzHobbyz

HollyzHobbyz

• Villager
  • 958 posts

• Joined 14-April 06

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

:woo someone new to spoil yah :party humm now to go see what I will be making and using. Ankh :yarn

LOL....I've got all kinds of ideas going through my mind to!  :2spin

Holly

Proud Army Mom!

#68 HollyzHobbyz

HollyzHobbyz

• Villager
  • 958 posts

• Joined 14-April 06

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

So....what counts as "vintage"?  :blush

Holly

Proud Army Mom!

#69 DesertCrocheter

DesertCrocheter

• Villager
  • 7,038 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

Well, I'm considering anything out of print as vintage. So that's why I specifically mentioned the magazine Magic Crochet, which stopped publication a few years ago, but isn't older than 50 years (the usual definition of vintage).  Really, I'm considering anything not easily available, so nothing published in the last 5 years that's still in print (like a 5-year-old Interweave Crochet or Crochet Today mag--the mag is still in print and you may be able to get patterns from them, even from old issues). I want people to hunt an old magazine down--at used bookstores, at rummage sales, who knows where? 

Otherwise, this wouldn't be a scavenger hunt!

And remember, only the required items must be sent. The additional stuff just puts you in the running for a surprise from me. Kidge  won the surprise last year by being the first to send her package (that was last year's unspoken surprise requirement), and she got a Namaste bag for her hooks from Purls, one of my local yarn stores. I haven't even decided on the surprise yet, but it will be something crochet-related and it will be something I'd want to keep myself, :lol !

Patty

• krazycrocheter likes this

#70 krazycrocheter

krazycrocheter

• Villager
  • 1,141 posts

• Joined 23-July 11

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

So excited to start scavaging.

#71 DesertCrocheter

DesertCrocheter

• Villager
  • 7,038 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder that you need to email me that you received your partner assignments. And hopefully everyone has been in touch with their partner so they can start hunting down treasures for them. I can't wait to see what ya'll find!

#72 CrochetKitten

CrochetKitten

• Villager
  • 596 posts

• Joined 24-March 07

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

DesertCrocheter, I'm sorry for your loss.   :hug

Hi, CrochetKitten! I wonder what this scavenger hunt is going to inspire us to do.  It's my first ever.  E-mail ya soon ;)

Hi AngelRoseLite! Sorry I'm so late to post on here. Can't wait to start putting your package together!

For patterns, tutorials, and shopping guides, come to CrochetKitten.com or like our Facebook fanpage!
Follow my cat (Selena K) on Twitter @CrochetKitten.
Get cute crochet gear at Crochet Kitten Cafe!

#73 Skoggy

Skoggy

• Villager
  • 2,601 posts

• Joined 08-October 11

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hows the scavenging going everyone? :)

• krazycrocheter likes this

Emma
TurtleLvr TLC Bag Lady March 2012

Bag Lady #90 Basket of Berries

#74 AngelRoseLite

AngelRoseLite

• Villager
  • 1,611 posts

• Joined 08-December 10

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

As for me, it's not -- yet :lol

I'm officially starting it tomorrow, the first day of the 2nd ever Yarn Crawl L.A.  I hope I find lots of goodies for my package.  Then on Saturday I'm going with my crafting group via train from Fullerton to San Juan Capistrano.  It's my first time visiting, and the swallows are even going to be there to welcome us!  We'll visit a craft fair too.  All in all, starting tomorrow, there will be lots of opportunities to tackle the hunt from Bellflower to San Juan Capistrano.  Whoo-hoo!  I'd be happy with just the train ride :D

AngelRoseLite

Rambling 'n Yarning
Pinterest page
2012 Holiday Wish List
Ravelry

Proud member of Tampa Doll's bag lady club:  First Day of School Tote #102 (Sept. 2014)

#75 DesertCrocheter

DesertCrocheter

• Villager
  • 7,038 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Wow, that sounds super fun!  Can I ditch work and come along? LA is only 8 hours away...

#76 krazycrocheter

krazycrocheter

• Villager
  • 1,141 posts

• Joined 23-July 11

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Going good here. Steadly getting tambobs items. Am having so much fun. Love the colors I used for her crocheted item. Hope you do Tammy. Hope everyones having as much fun as I am.

• tambob6259 likes this

#77 AngelRoseLite

AngelRoseLite

• Villager
  • 1,611 posts

• Joined 08-December 10

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

Wow, that sounds super fun! Can I ditch work and come along? LA is only 8 hours away...

You are most definitely welcome to come! According to them, it's covering over 2,000 square miles. Wow! It ends on Saturday. There's even a unique yarn mobile.

Edited by AngelRoseLite, 10 April 2013 - 11:34 PM.

AngelRoseLite

Rambling 'n Yarning
Pinterest page
2012 Holiday Wish List
Ravelry

#78 Skoggy

Skoggy

• Villager
  • 2,601 posts

• Joined 08-October 11

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

As for me, it's not -- yet :lol

I'm officially starting it tomorrow, the first day of the 2nd ever Yarn Crawl L.A.  I hope I find lots of goodies for my package.  Then on Saturday I'm going with my crafting group via train from Fullerton to San Juan Capistrano.  It's my first time visiting, and the swallows are even going to be there to welcome us!  We'll visit a craft fair too.  All in all, starting tomorrow, there will be lots of opportunities to tackle the hunt from Bellflower to San Juan Capistrano.  Whoo-hoo!  I'd be happy with just the train ride :D

Wow! Hope you have a fantastic time. Sounds amazing!

I'm not too well with my stuff. Got a couple of things turning up soon. Crocheted a couple of things and now waiting for something else to arrive to make. :)

Emma
TurtleLvr TLC Bag Lady March 2012

Bag Lady #90 Basket of Berries

#79 HollyzHobbyz

HollyzHobbyz

• Villager
  • 958 posts

• Joined 14-April 06

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hi Everyone!

I only have two more items left on my list & my hunt will be ready to ship to my partner!  One of them is the crocheted item, and it has just been so busy this weekend (and will continue to be so this week!).  But, I will get it done!  :yes

I went to El Paso this past weekend, to visit with my youngest daughter who has decided to get married!  They are both in the army and have decided to go to the Justice of the Peace.  My husband is eternally grateful for this, since we just hosted a wedding for one of her sisters last September!  I helped her find a pretty dress for the occasion, and I am going to crochet the Viceroy Butterfly Shawl for her, too. 

I need some help though....she asked me if I would make her a small scarf type item, for binding their hands together (I'm sorry, I don't remember what she called it).  Think of the wedding in "Braveheart".  Can anyone recommend a patten for this?  I was thinking of using thread crochet, but I am open to ideas.  I won't have to be very big...I could scale down a patten for a scarf. 

Just an FYI, I am making the butterfly shawl "and" I have ordered her an origami flower bouquet using butterflies in the bouqut. 

Thank you!

Holly

Proud Army Mom!

#80 tambob6259

tambob6259

• Villager
  • 66 posts

• Joined 26-January 13

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

And my package is off to USPS, then in Kidge's hands in the next couple of days. I'm still not sure how I managed to stuff everything into the box. :D

I had a blast with this swap and getting to know new people.

Thank you ladies! :ghug

-Tammy