• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MacKeil

MacKeil
  • Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 19-February 13

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I received a pattern from a friend and it says to use a FBS stitch, but i have no idea what that is. If anyone could help me that would be great!

Attached Thumbnails

• picture001.jpg

#2 prettywoman030981

prettywoman030981
  • Villager
  • 873 posts

• Joined 07-November 11

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Looks like maybe a typo. Looks like it's supposed to be fps, or front post stitch.
Jennifer, mom of 5, crocheting since 2010, Knitting since 2012
Can you Help give afghans to NICU babies for Christmas?
Stashbusting Score: 2012 YTD:-6 ~ 2013 YTD:+20
2014: WTD: 0 YTD: -15

50 book challenge 2012: 67 ~ 2013: 102
2014: 27/50

“If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage.” – Lily Chin

#3 Granny Square

Granny Square
  • Villager
  • 6,412 posts

• Joined 18-June 07

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

I agree it's probably fps, but there might be a slight possibility bps was meant.  That's the sort of absent minded typo I'd make, to get the 'b' in there but mess up the rest.  Hopefully the pattern pic is clear enough, you should be able to tell.

Unless there's a new crochet stitch akin to kfb (knit front & back of same stitch, it's an increase).  --Kidding, but that's what the 'fb' made me think of, and then the pattern ends with cast off (?) Hmm. 

Granny Square

#4 CrochetAmore

CrochetAmore
  • Villager
  • 1,320 posts

• Joined 18-April 08

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Is there a legend near the top of the pattern that defines the stitches used? Although it does appear to be a typo because the first part of that row says fps, then it switches. But with the unusual "Cast off" instruction at the end I don't want to assume that it's a post st. Is this an antique pattern? Maybe the fps is an abbreviation that is no longer in use. Is there a picture of the finished project that you can tell what stitch might have been used?

After looking at the picture again, I believe this might actually be a european pattern. The beginning is a ch 2, but at the end you tr and join to the ch 2... that suggests this is UK terminology... jmo, of course :)

Edited by CrochetAmore, 21 February 2013 - 12:52 AM.

April in OH

Patterns composed with love,
From my hook to yours
My Ravelry Store
My Free Patterns

My Pinterest Boards
Deck the Halls CAL