MARCH/APRIL BIRTHDAY SWAP
Who doesn't want a birthday surprise?
This year, Crochetville Swaps are celebrating birthdays all year long!
Okay, happy fellow swappers, it's time for the sign-up for the first 2013 swap, and it's our second Birthday Swap! So if your birthday is in March or April, sign up and get paired with another March or April birthday swapper! Send a package (worth $25 minimum) full of birthday wishes and receive one back. Celebrate your birthday for two months--you're worth it!
General Swap Requirements: Each swapper is required to send a birthday surprise package worth $25 minimum—whatever your partner wants, but please mind the minimum.
Swap Dates: This swap starts March 1, 2013 and ends April 15, 2013. All packages must be received by the ending date, so the mailing deadline for this exchange is April 8, 2013. All packages MUST be in the mail by April 8, 2013 (mailing deadline).
Remember: Crochetville admin limits Villagers to two swaps at one time. If you are already signed up for two swaps, one must be completed before the Birthday Swap starts for you to be eligible to swap. See the Swap Guidelines. A swap will count as completed if you have mailed your final package and delivery confirmation information shows your package has been received OR your swap partner has posted a thank-you in the swap thread.
Here are the rules. Please read them thoroughly before signing up.
1. Please submit a survey if you want to participate in this exchange. (See second post for Survey information.) Surveys should be emailed to the swap coordinator, auntbubbels at nyc dot rr dot com. You will receive a confirmation email when your survey is received, and your username will be added to the list of swappers posted below. Surveys can be submitted until noon Eastern zone DST (New York City) on February 27, 2013.
2. It is not required that you answer all the questions on the survey (except for name, address, and Crochetville nickname), but it is a good way for your partner to know your other preferences: favorite color, allergies, etc. If you have been in a recent swap, you may want to let the hostess know who your swap partner was, so you are not accidentally teamed again (this has happened).
3. By submitting a swap survey, you agree to follow all Swap Guidelines and general forum guidelines. Please note—there is now a new requirement re: digital patterns.
4. Partner assignments will be e-mailed to you by March 1, 2013. Packages must be POSTMARKED BY April 8, 2013. **Proof of shipping is required whenever it is available (see Swap Guidelines for details), and the delivery confirmation number must be emailed or PM'd to the swap coordinator.** All packages should be received by the end of the swap on April 15, 2013.
5. E-mail or PM the coordinator, auntbubbels at nyc dot rr dot com, when you receive your partner information at the start of the swap, and when you send and receive your exchange item(s) so that she can keep record of who sent and received. This is in addition to posting to the swap thread that you mailed or received your assigned partner and your packages. Lots of messages are posted to the swap thread daily. Please don’t make the swap coordinator go through all those messages to see if you sent/received your package!!! Remember, these emails or PM's are now required of all Crochetville swappers. Failure to do so will result in the accumulation of reputation points.
6. Please thank your partner for their thoughtfulness when you receive your package. It will make his or her day. **Thank-you’s MUST be posted on the swap thread, but you can post links to your blog for photos, etc., if you choose. Thank-you’s are REQUIRED!!**Please also thank your partner personally with a private email, as well as a post to the swap thread. The private thank-you lets your partner know that their package has been received, and the public thank-you lets the other swappers know what you received and adds to everyone’s enjoyment of the exchange. Both public and private thank-you’s are required.
7. Make sure your postage and receiver's address are correct before mailing. Mark your package with Crochetville Birthday Swap. Do not forget that delivery confirmation (or other proof of shipping) is required whenever it is available, and the delivery confirmation must be emailed to the swap coordinator. This provides proof of mailing in case your package is lost during transit.
8. If you have a problem with your partner or an item you receive, please DO NOT post complaints to the swap board. Please PM or email the swap coordinator privately.
9. If your package is not postmarked by the Mailing Deadline of April 8, 2013, you will be subject to the consequences listed in the Swap Guidelines. Please contact the swap coordinator BEFORE the mailing deadline passes if there is a problem.
10. Since we are an international group, everyone is more than welcome to participate. That means that your exchange partner may live across the world and packages may take longer to arrive and cost more to ship. Keep this in mind when mailing items.
11. Most importantly, have fun! Happy Swapping!!
The information you provide on your survey is provided to assigned swap partners. Information may also be provided to the Swap Coordinator Leader (DesertCrocheter) and Crochetville administration (AmyS and Donna) for the purposes of swap coordination only. With prior permission, survey information may also be shared with members sending “Angel” replacement packages, if necessary.
February 27, 2013: survey deadline
April 8, 2013: mailing deadline
April 15, 2013: end of swap
Edited by auntbubbels, 27 February 2013 - 08:33 PM.