• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Amy

Amy

• Administrator
  • 9,512 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Has anybody noticed a new box down at the very bottom of the main forum index page titled "Spammers Stopped"?

That's the number of attempted registrations by spammers that our interception software has caught and prevented from from creating accounts here at Crochetville.

The software has only been in place for ONE WEEK and it has already prevented 599 spam registrations!

I could always see the data behind the scenes if I went looking for it in the old software, but it's sort of nice to see it here, front and center.

Not nice that the spammers try to create accounts here, but nice that we can keep them from making a mess of our happy home here at the 'Ville!

• Terri/LadySorce, lizc, RecycleCindy and 5 others like this

Amy Shelton
Crochetville Co-Owner and Community Manager

Facebook Page | Crochetville Blog | Free Crochet Pattern Directory | Twitter | Pinterest

#2 craftyone

craftyone

• Villager
  • 1,083 posts

• Joined 28-March 08

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

I hadn't noticed it before, but just went and looked for it.  It now says 644 spammers stopped.  Great job Amy!

#3 #1Crochetfan

#1Crochetfan

• Villager
  • 1,657 posts

• Joined 21-August 05

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

:)I noticed this as well as the extras, and even though there are way more features than I will ever use, I applaud the leap of switching over! It really was necessary!

-------------------------------------

"If you can dream it, you can do it" -Walt Disney

"WIPS are like potato chips, you can never have just one."

proud recipient of Turtles June 2011 TLC Tote

proud recipient of Crochetville January 2014 Tote #94-Arctic Ice

#4 auntbubbels

auntbubbels

• Villager
  • 9,546 posts

• Joined 22-October 05

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

I noticed that and thought it was a nice control.  Why are there so many spammers and how does the software know when someone is a spammer?