Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Local Prayer Shawl Group ~ I can't wait!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shuttlebuggy

shuttlebuggy
  • Villager
  • 3,533 posts

• Joined 19-January 07

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

I am really happy that the new church we began attending that is MUCH bigger than back in CT - has lots of small groups for folks to get involved with - but the one that caught my eye in getting to know fellow crocheters is the "Prayer Shawl" ministry.

I attended some seminars in CT at a retreat center that had the founders/authors of 2 of the largest groups going - and it was phemonal but our local parish didn't have the interest to have one and the Town Hall did have one but it met at a really difficult time to go. When I did go it was only an hour and people just got started on their projects in time to pack up.

Then I was in a local Sit 'n Knit that was great and was on 2 days a week - so when you couldn't make one - you could hit the following one. What a great group it was - not prayer shawls - but a great mix of knitters and crocheters and was the entire afternoon - come and go as you please!

The one LYS near me doesn't offer that type of thing.

So you can imagine when I spotted this group that meets Tuesday mornings at 10 am - I was so happy! Tomorrow is my first time going. Hoping to link up with others as we continue to get our bearings here in Western PA :rock 

~~Shuttlebuggy~~ {aka - Mary}
"There are 3 things we can never have enough of ~ great yarn, nice hooks & lovely C'Ville friends!"

*Recipient of Tampa Doll's LV 2010 October Trick or Treat C'Ville Bag*

#2 Everyday Crochet

Everyday Crochet
  • Villager
  • 984 posts

• Joined 14-December 05

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Fun!  I wish there was something local like that for me.  Enjoy your time and I hope you meet some new friends.

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´) ¸.·'´)
«´¨`·. Theresa .·´¸¨`»
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ `'·.¸) `' ·.¸)

Wife and helpmeet to Scott and homeschooling momma to 4 beautiful children.

** Everyday Crochet **
Roak Group #27 - #3

#3 pinkroses

pinkroses
  • Villager
  • 1,760 posts

• Joined 16-December 05

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

:clap what fun;   I wish there was something like that; but I don't know that I would attend  ; I have RA and it is getting harder and harder to get out

I am happy that you are enjoing  it. :yay

I know that I have a guardian angel by me all the time. I am very thankful
pinkroses
www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com

THE MORE YOU GIVE TO OTHERS THE MORE YOU RECIVE IN RETURN.

#4 kittyloverdeb

kittyloverdeb
  • Villager
  • 6,805 posts

• Joined 22-February 07

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Congratulations on finding such a wonderful and worthwhile group at your church!  I started one in my parish 6 years ago and we still have the same core group of ladies.  We meet the 2nd Saturday of every month and I can't tell you how rewarding it is!  Best of luck to you!

Deb
Bag Lady #52 Miss Liberty 2010

#5 mamamiaow

mamamiaow
  • Villager
  • 33 posts

• Joined 23-October 12

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I still remember how thrilled I was when our church started the Prayer Shawl Ministry in 2009! We have a great group of ladies, and we meet every Wed. afternoon. We share our joys and sorrows, and have made many new friends. I love seeing what the others are working on, and getting new ideas. I'm excited for you!

Edited by mamamiaow, 12 February 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#6 Avon Lady

Avon Lady
  • Villager
  • 948 posts

• Joined 03-January 09

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

I joined a Prayer Shawl Ministry last year, and just love going to it!  We meet on the first and third Friday mornings from 10:00 to 11:30, and the last Monday evening of the month from 5:30 to 7:00.  We've crocheted and knitted over 100 prayer shawls since we began!  We enjoy the time we spend together, and love seeing what everyone is creating!  It's a very rewarding activity!  I also teach a crochet class at our local Senior Center, and my "girls" make lots of prayer shawls for them, also.  Several of my "girls" can't get to the prayer shawl meetings, so I take the shawls for them.

Have a great time!

Collette

WIP: Sampler Afghan in off whites and tans for County Fair in July  (missed this year, so....2015!)
Retired and having fun as a teacher of a Crochet Class at a local Senior Center.

#7 Becky Morgan

Becky Morgan
  • Villager
  • 1,448 posts

• Joined 12-November 07

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

You're in western PA now? Can I ask how western? :) We're right on the edge of Ohio.

--Becky