• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Darsa

Darsa
  • Villager
  • 1,145 posts

• Joined 21-January 08

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I have been hunting for this particular yarn, which is very nice and cozy-soft, and the colors speak to me!  Does anyone have any idea what it's called, and/or where it's sold??

Thanks!  :D

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0567b.jpg

~Darsa~

Check out my blog at: http://scrambledyarn.blogspot.com/ :)

#2 merkity

merkity
  • Villager
  • 164 posts

• Joined 01-January 10

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Lets see  - grey fuzzy contains ears and whiskers - i am thinking its a feline variety of yarn there.   Very cute kitty!  sorry no help on the actual yarn....

WIP: wow big afghan finally done!!!! now which one to do next....

#3 Avon Lady

Avon Lady
  • Villager
  • 892 posts

• Joined 03-January 09

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

It could be Red Heart variegated super saver--but I can't think of the color name, unless it is "bikini" ????  Try www.redheart.com to see the colors.  Good luck!

Your kitty reminds me so much of my Shadow Blue, who passed away April 23, 2012.  He looks just as precious as my little baby boy.

Collette

WIP: Sampler Afghan in off whites and tans for County Fair in July
Retired and having fun as a teacher of a Crochet Class at a local Senior Center.

#4 Darsa

Darsa
  • Villager
  • 1,145 posts

• Joined 21-January 08

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

LOL, that's my Luna, and I was hoping to make something for her with that yarn, because she LOVES to sit on that hat!  :D 

It's definitely deliciously colored like the Red Heart, but MUCH softer, and somewhat thicker, though still definitely would consider it to be worsted...  It's one of the first things I've made so I imagine it might be discontinued.  =/

~Darsa~

#5 mattenylou

mattenylou
  • Villager
  • 1,043 posts

• Joined 04-August 08

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Are you familiar with Yarndex?  I chose worsted 'worsted" and "multi' color, but maybe you can narrow it down by adding the brand you may have purchased. Some of the older color cards are shown, too, so this may help.

Good Luck!

Keep Smilin'....

#6 katyallen8090

katyallen8090
  • Villager
  • 8,251 posts

• Joined 30-July 10

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

super soft, and colorful, humm, sounds like I love This yarn, but check their colors online, can't think of the name, although I may have some somewhere.............lol

Do stop in soon, to join us! Granny Friendship/Comfort ghan Cal click on link

for info on joining and list of members, and preferences. 

my free square patterns here and here.......and here

My friendship ghan here! Thanks to all!

Baglady #91

My Photopages

#7 Darsa

Darsa
  • Villager
  • 1,145 posts

• Joined 21-January 08

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

super soft, and colorful, humm, sounds like I love This yarn, but check their colors online, can't think of the name, although I may have some somewhere.............lol

I do know that it's not I Love This Yarn, because we don't have anywhere around here that sells that, and I've only placed two orders online, neither of which were Hobby Lobby. Thank you though; I will most likely place an order online with HL, and I'll blame you when my hubby complains ;)

Are you familiar with Yarndex?

I am afraid that this will be my new addiction... this is an AWESOME resource!  Thank you so much for pointing it out!  :D

~Darsa~

#8 msmusic

msmusic
  • Villager
  • 1,354 posts

• Joined 30-April 06

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I believe this is Red Heart Strata(?). I don't know if it's produced any longer ... I got some on a clearance sale early last year. Check Knitting Warehouse, sometimes they have supplies of older yarns. Or you can also try Smileys yarns, too. Both can be found online.
Norma - music/crochet enthusiast, owned by Penny and Pearl, my red-dapple mini-dachshund and beagle.
I'm msmusic on Ravelry, too.
WIPS: bookmarks, cotton hotpads and potholders, Scrap afghan, a few more scarves. In the queue: something for me, when I decide on it! And whatever else I decide to start making...

#9 Darsa

Darsa
  • Villager
  • 1,145 posts

• Joined 21-January 08

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

I believe this is Red Heart Strata(?). I don't know if it's produced any longer ... I got some on a clearance sale early last year. Check Knitting Warehouse, sometimes they have supplies of older yarns. Or you can also try Smileys yarns, too. Both can be found online.

Oh my gosh, that's absolutely IT!!  Now to try to find some to purchase, thank you SO much!  =D

~Darsa~

#10 FrLopLady

FrLopLady
  • Villager
  • 4,834 posts

• Joined 20-January 10

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

if you can't find it there is some of the ILTY that kinda does the same thing, but not nearly as well as that yarn.  To day they did discontinue it.  It looked like it would be a lot of fun!

Mary
E Washington State
Stashbustin' 2011 Final score -596, 2012! YTD -331
Stashbusting 2014 6/30/2014 YTD: +167

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

#11 grannyannie

grannyannie
  • Villager
  • 11,973 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Are you familiar with Yarndex?  I chose worsted 'worsted" and "multi' color, but maybe you can narrow it down by adding the brand you may have purchased. Some of the older color cards are shown, too, so this may help.

Good Luck!

Oh, you're evil! :lol I've never seen this before, but now you know I'm going to be hooked!  Thanx for the link!

Oh my gosh, that's absolutely IT!!  Now to try to find some to purchase, thank you SO much!  =D

Glad you found out what it is.  I've used strata before too and loved it!  I can't believe it's discontinued. :(

Ann
Compassionate Creations - scarves for survivors of abuse

proud owner of stitchgirl's tote Jan '11
proud owner of dorothysgirls' pen/pencil set Mar '11
proud owner of Old Time 4th of July-baglady #64
proud owner of Kuddlekubs Snow Capped Mountains Tote
My Rav ID - grannyanniek  
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

#12 mattenylou

mattenylou
  • Villager
  • 1,043 posts

• Joined 04-August 08

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Oh, you're evil! :lol I've never seen this before, but now you know I'm going to be hooked!  Thanx for the link!

I love poking around in Yarndex ... too bad their sample cards don't go back as many years as my stash! It's a "eureka" moment when I get something to match up, not that it really matters as far as my projects go, but it's fun to play with anyway!!

Keep Smilin'....

#13 msmusic

msmusic
  • Villager
  • 1,354 posts

• Joined 30-April 06

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Another yarn that is similar is Deborah Norville Everyday prints - "Parrot" is the colorway. Found it on the Joann.com site.
Norma - music/crochet enthusiast, owned by Penny and Pearl, my red-dapple mini-dachshund and beagle.
I'm msmusic on Ravelry, too.
WIPS: bookmarks, cotton hotpads and potholders, Scrap afghan, a few more scarves. In the queue: something for me, when I decide on it! And whatever else I decide to start making...