Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Hello from Ohio!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 zbracraz

zbracraz
  • Villager
  • 4 posts

• Joined 06-February 13

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hello!  :wavingI am new to Crochetville and I thought I'd introduce myself! I am from Ohio, and my nickname is zbracraz (pronounced Zebra Crazy) because I absolutely LOVE Zebras!!! :manyheart If you want my real name, sorry, you'll have to get to know me first! Message me! I am 29 years young, married to my best friend and love of my life :heart , and I just learned how to crochet from my wonderful mommy.  :yes She taught me when I was little how to do a chain, but I never could actually pick up more than that due to my ADD :hyper  :think  LoL!!!  I thought at the time, that it was a boring old lady hobby, and I just wasn't interested.  Well, I started thinking, if ever one day, my mom (God forbid) isn't here anymore, who would keep her love for the craft going? None of my 3 older sisters ever learned either. My mom learned from her mom, and her mom learned from her mom, so I thought of how saddening it would be if no one kept the beautiful art that it is and her love of crochet going. So I decided I wanted to learn no matter how much I thought I didn't like it.  I did not realize how much that I would actually LOVE IT :nworthy !!!   I really appreciate the art it is! I haven't been doing it long, not even a year yet, but I am determined to learn more and more. I know how to read patterns, which most people who haven't been crocheting long, don't know how to do. I also know the basic stitches too (Single Crochet, Double Crochet, Half Double, Triple, etc.) I love to make hats, because it's the one of the only things I've made so far. I have made 3 hats, 2 scarves, a trivet, and I'm trying to learn more. I still have major ADD and I can't work on something for too long, but I always pick it back up and try to finish it, it just takes me longer because I set it down so much. I want to learn how to make dolls, and gloves (which I've tried to make more than once but still get frustrated because of the fingers), and afghans. I use aluminum hooks right now, but I have my eye on some really nice dark colored bamboo hooks and when I can afford them, I will treat myself to one and try it out! I love that I can carry on my mommy's love for this hobby and I love that she has been doing it so long, that when I'm stuck :confused , I can just go to her and have her show me how to get through my problem. I will remember it forever, and I really hope my kids will be as interested in it as we are.     

P.S. 

Sorry for the grammar and spelling. I'm not in an English class right now though, and I'm not writing to the president, so I don't really care! LoL  :wub:  :ducky <---- SO CUTE!!! 

:ducky  I have A.D.D. - Attention Deficit Dis .... ooooo look a butterfly!!!!!!!  :ducky

#2 Skoggy

Skoggy
  • Villager
  • 2,599 posts

• Joined 08-October 11

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

Hello and Welcome from NE England!!! :hi

Emma
TurtleLvr TLC Bag Lady March 2012

Bag Lady #90 Basket of Berries

#3 Tampa Doll

Tampa Doll
  • Villager
  • 24,522 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hi :hi and Welcome :welcome  to Crochetville from the West Coast of Florida.

#4 pineapplequeen

pineapplequeen
  • Villager
  • 11,589 posts

• Joined 07-September 07

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

:welcome

2014 Book Challenge-84/50

2013 Book Challenge 111/50

#5 Terri/LadySorce

Terri/LadySorce
  • Villager
  • 13,792 posts

• Joined 27-March 05

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

LADIES..  Sign up's for the Wish List are now closed.

The new Wish List will be created around Halloween.

So in the mean time, please take a look at the current Wish List and see if you can grant a wish or 4!  Remember to send ALL your info to me.  =)

)O( PROUD PAGAN
)O( Terri/LadySorce - Moderator Wish List
)O( Ravelry ID = LadySorceress
)O( Bag Lady #30 (Shades of Fall) <--I'm so proud of it
)O( Turtle Tote Lady ~ June 2010 <--I'm so proud. I was her first one!

#6 alacajun

alacajun
  • Villager
  • 1,363 posts

• Joined 02-January 10

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

welcome to crochetville

#7 marpan79

marpan79
  • Villager
  • 5,910 posts

• Joined 27-February 10

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

:welcome from Pittsburgh

Marisa
Proud to be 'bag lady' #79 of Mary Jo's Pumpkin Patch Tote
Proud owner of Dusti's College Tote (by Merri Purdy)
www.PancheriChiro.com

#8 pineknott

pineknott
  • Villager
  • 4,424 posts

• Joined 02-May 06

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

hello and welcome from Va.

11/1/14   wtd  ytd +102 (2013 +129 /2012 +469/2011 +276
collecting 8" squares for friendshipghan

2014 50 book challenge/ 50/55
boxing day 2014
hats for the homeless 2014 ( Linda 50 / 3 ) 

squares for charity 44

birdnests for Wildlife Response team 18

proud to be a bag lady,crochetville tote by MaryJo # 89 August Sunshine

Linda

#9 zbracraz

zbracraz
  • Villager
  • 4 posts

• Joined 06-February 13

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thank you for the welcomes!!!!!  :manyheart

:ducky  I have A.D.D. - Attention Deficit Dis .... ooooo look a butterfly!!!!!!!  :ducky

#10 crsheridan

crsheridan
  • Villager
  • 647 posts

• Joined 19-July 12

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hi! and :welcome from South Carolina.  Thank you for such a personal intro - I loved reading it.  I also hope my daughter will one day decide that crocheting is worth the effort it takes to learn.  I've tried teaching her but she gets frustrated with it so easily.  She's 14 now so I'm just praying and biding my time until the day when maybe crochet will be something we can enjoy together.  If not her, maybe one of her kids some day.  (A day FAR FAR FAR away!  LOL)

#11 zbracraz

zbracraz
  • Villager
  • 4 posts

• Joined 06-February 13

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hi! and :welcome from South Carolina.  Thank you for such a personal intro - I loved reading it.  I also hope my daughter will one day decide that crocheting is worth the effort it takes to learn.  I've tried teaching her but she gets frustrated with it so easily.  She's 14 now so I'm just praying and biding my time until the day when maybe crochet will be something we can enjoy together.  If not her, maybe one of her kids some day.  (A day FAR FAR FAR away!  LOL)

I'm sure when the time is right, she will come around, especially if she sees how important it is to you, and how much closer it will make her relationship with you become. Like I said, I am 29 years old and it was only this year, that I learned more than a chain. I would get so frustrated with it too because I could not understand what my mom meant when she tried to teach me more than that. This time, I took the time to watch and listen more intently. So I'm sure one day, she'll realize it is a very neat hobby to have, and how cool it is when you are wearing something you made and the compliments you get for how beautiful it is!! Thank you for enjoying my intro. I like that I have some people on here that I can talk to with same interests!! Don't hesitate to chit chat if you ever want to!!  :ducky <----- I absolutely love this ducky!! 

#12 silverbelle29

silverbelle29
  • Villager
  • 3,795 posts

• Joined 19-May 09

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hello and :welcome

Sandy

#13 wyldflrs

wyldflrs
  • Villager
  • 589 posts

• Joined 06-October 05

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hello from another Buckeye :welcome

Shelby~

#14 cshort

cshort
  • Villager
  • 14,591 posts

• Joined 03-February 06

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hello from south Florida!

cshort

Bag Lady #68 Falling Leaves - November 2011

Friendshipghan CAL

Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age, and Dreams are forever.  - Walt Disney

#15 shuttlebuggy

shuttlebuggy
  • Villager
  • 3,533 posts

• Joined 19-January 07

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

:welcome from Western PA! :welcome 

~~Shuttlebuggy~~ {aka - Mary}
"There are 3 things we can never have enough of ~ great yarn, nice hooks & lovely C'Ville friends!"

*Recipient of Tampa Doll's LV 2010 October Trick or Treat C'Ville Bag*

#16 luv4usagi

luv4usagi
  • Villager
  • 23 posts

• Joined 15-April 12

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

HI!  You joined!  Good!  Hope you find lots of neat patterns and friends on here!  Now I know someone else on this forum!  : D